NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

COULD
someone tell me what's up with just 21 MINS of playtime ??????

🎶

Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke

Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke

And then one day he was shootin at some hoops

And up from the ground came a draft day oops

Marvin that is. Fools gold. Bagley three.

Well first thing you know, old Luke's a millionaire

King folk said "Luke, move away from here"

Said "Californy is the place you shouldn't be"

But old Luke is still in town, and that ain't good for mister Bagley

🎶

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

55 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

🎶

Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke

Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke

And then one day he was shootin at some hoops

And up from the ground came a draft day oops

Marvin that is. Fools gold. Bagley three.

Well first thing you know, old Luke's a millionaire

King folk said "Luke, move away from here"

Said "Californy is the place you shouldn't be"

But old Luke is still in town, and that ain't good for mister Bagley

🎶

******** coach. It's always the f ucking coach 

🤬

The Kings are trying to develop one of the most boring fantasy players as a cornerstone. I'm not evaluating if it'll work in real life but this dude has one 3pt, 1 stl, 1 blk , 1 assist on the season and has awful %s as he tries to become a stretch 5. Mr. Empty.

Edited by bbythepier
21 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

i have bags holmes AND whiteside trying to work out whos gonna be the first to be dropped!

Let me know what you decide. I fell asleep during my draft and got all three. Whiteside is definitely going... I think Bags is, too. Dort/Plumlee coming in.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:08 AM, terribleswedes said:

Let me know what you decide. I fell asleep during my draft and got all three. Whiteside is definitely going... I think Bags is, too. Dort/Plumlee coming in.

problem is i was always banking on dropping holmes and if he was putting up whiteside numbers he'd already be gone. always a nightmare when the most likely WW player of the 3 is doing better then the two supposed roster worthy players! might try and do a 2 for 1 trade and chuck bags on - someone might value his empty double doubles

Looked great tonight but his minutes are still low, from the games I have seen it looks like Walton favours the Fox/Hield/Haliburton/Barnes/Holmes rotation.

Hopefully he gets more run but it looks like he will be limited by his minutes for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

Looked great tonight but his minutes are still low, from the games I have seen it looks like Walton favours the Fox/Hield/Haliburton/Barnes/Holmes rotation.

Hopefully he gets more run but it looks like he will be limited by his minutes for the foreseeable future.

thats how they closed just now, and it really worked. Dont see it changing any time soon

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

12 teamer here, I already dropped him

Yea. Seems like Holmes is the one to own out of the 3 in SAC (Bagley, Holmes & Whiteside)...

maybe I should join the Josh Jackson hype train instead...

18 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

problem is i was always banking on dropping holmes and if he was putting up whiteside numbers he'd already be gone. always a nightmare when the most likely WW player of the 3 is doing better then the two supposed roster worthy players! might try and do a 2 for 1 trade and chuck bags on - someone might value his empty double doubles

I dropped him and Whiteside. Bagley looked like a quality NBA player to me in year 1 but for whatever reason he hasn't delivered. Plumlee/Dort haven't played great for me in one game but they have at least an avenue for success. Holding on to Holmes, who's getting the minutes.

9 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

I dropped him and Whiteside. Bagley looked like a quality NBA player to me in year 1 but for whatever reason he hasn't delivered. Plumlee/Dort haven't played great for me in one game but they have at least an avenue for success. Holding on to Holmes, who's getting the minutes.

Who’s available on your WW for you to drop Bagley who albeit dissapointing can bring in DDs? Just curious since mine is very thin-12 man league 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, falconish said:

Who’s available on your WW for you to drop Bagley who albeit dissapointing can bring in DDs? Just curious since mine is very thin-12 man league 

Sorry if that wasn't clear... Plumlee and Dort are who I picked up for Whiteside/Bagley. (Plumlee also can bring DDs). I'm in a 12-person league too.

13 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Hope this guy can get it together but maybe it won’t happen until someone gets traded, possibly Holmes at the trade deadline.

Ugh why did they sign Whiteside for? These guys are so dumb. 

I owned him 3years str8... guy's useless... I'd trade him right now for a can of beans

Edited by Stefan

With the nice start from Haliburton, Kings have gotten more attention. And Ringer's NBA Show got it right yesterday. When Vivek finally moved on from Vlade, this new regime doesn't GAF about where Bagley was picked or trying to force the load on him. They just view him as a cog. They run their spreadsheets and figure he's passable as a starting PF and smallball 5 on the second unit and he'll get his 24 min. But they're not beholden to him like Vlade. So in the view of Tjarks (Ringer), there is no "unleash Bagley". He's just a guy on a roster they have to rebuild according to their metrics. Vlade's "gut feeling" is gone.