NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

5 minutes ago, kane said:

This dude has low basketball IQ and his playing style(ISO back to basket) just not suitable in nowadays NBA

It's just garbage bball. He'll miss a 2ft bunny over harden and then get an OReb and try to do a spin move in a congested paint. Dude ain't it.

A couple times in the games I have seen he crashes the offensive glass, and positions himself under the basket, almost out of bounds.  Team gets a defensive rebound and runs, and he is way out of position and puts his team at a disadvantage.  He has a few of these head-scratching mistakes every game that would drive a coach mad.

I will be holding onto him for another week or two to see if his minutes trend up but I could understand cutting him if one needed to.

I underrated Holmes coming into this year, I thought he just took advantage of last year's situation but after watching the games he actually looks quite good.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, RedMamba said:

He looks really bad. Bjelica is a better player and should start alongside with Holmes

Bjelica shouldn’t be in the nba 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Great first half by Bags, now PLEASE have a solid second half!!

I'm watching the game. This kid has some talent. But he plays soft. He lacks agressiveness in defense, to rebound the basketball, even to make a layup. He needs to play with more energy.

It's weird to me that people like 12/9/2 on 5/13 shooting with no blocks from a big man. It's just weird that there is a fantasy market for that. I guess weird Dbl-Dbl category leagues.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

It's weird to me that people like 12/9/2 on 5/13 shooting with no blocks from a big man. It's just weird that there is a fantasy market for that. I guess weird Dbl-Dbl category leagues.

Do not like. Poor fg% with no blocks does not qualify as a traditional solid fantasy big. To me the kid is useless for h2h until he gets that 1 block he averaged from previous years. 

His ceiling is Zach Randolph. Not saying he'll reach it. He's going to have to dominate pts/rebs to become relevant because he's not it elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, tremixt said:

His ceiling is Zach Randolph. Not saying he'll reach it. He's going to have to dominate pts/rebs to become relevant because he's not it elsewhere. 

Z-bo is a good passer but Bagley is not,Bagley like AL Jefferson more,both are blackhole in offense

Edited by kane
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, kane said:

Z-bo is a good passer but Bagley is not,Bagley like AL Jefferson more,both are blackhole in offense

Al Jefferson averaged close to 2 blks per game in a few seasons. I don't see that in Bagley's future.

Randolph, albeit, a good passer, started his career as a black hole. 

4 hours ago, tremixt said:

Zbo had solid FG% career and even added threes later on in his career. Steals was decent too if I recall, Bags seems to have a big gap vs. Zbo.