NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

3 plays over the last 2 HOU games are what sum up Bagley for me.

1) He posts up Harden, he flips up a 3ft shot, it clangs off the rim like the bouncy rims at the bowling alley. Zero touch. Holmes push shot is so soft.

2) He posts up last night, turns and faces his man, takes 7 seconds to make his next move. SEVEN. The hamster wheel in his head moves at a really slow pace.

3) To further illustrate his mechanical moves, one of the PGs drove and shoveled him a pass along the baseline. He goes up for the 2-hand slam, being aggressive but so methodical & deliberate and Wall ends up blocking him. Where's the side movement in your slam motion to avoid the block attempt? You have a great vertical and reach. It looked like a white Center from the 80s going up for the standard dunk. Greg Kite or somebody.

I don't see it. They're right in sitting him during crunch time.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

3 plays over the last 2 HOU games are what sum up Bagley for me.

1) He posts up Harden, he flips up a 3ft shot, it clangs off the rim like the bouncy rims at the bowling alley. Zero touch. Holmes push shot is so soft.

2) He posts up last night, turns and faces his man, takes 7 seconds to make his next move. SEVEN. The hamster wheel in his head moves at a really slow pace.

3) To further illustrate his mechanical moves, one of the PGs drove and shoveled him a pass along the baseline. He goes up for the 2-hand slam, being aggressive but so methodical & deliberate and Wall ends up blocking him. Where's the side movement in your slam motion to avoid the block attempt? You have a great vertical and reach. It looked like a white Center from the 80s going up for the standard dunk. Greg Kite or somebody.

I don't see it. They're right in sitting him during crunch time.

He’s not playing big minutes because he was injured so much last season you fool! He hasn’t been played in a very long time and has the honor of being coached by the talent killer Walton 

People will laugh but the Kings need to explore finding another "Richaun Holmes". A guy locked into a bench role or getting little burn behind a stud. Holmes was a bench guy for 4 years behind Okafor, Embiid & Ayton.

For instance, see if Orlando has given up on Mo Bamba and give him some burn. Something like that. IMO.

I know it’s been said many times before, but Bagley has terrible hands and a low basketball IQ. Maybe it would be beneficial for him to come off the bench? He’s getting close to a drop for me in a 12 team league. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

I know it’s been said many times before, but Bagley has terrible hands and a low basketball IQ. Maybe it would be beneficial for him to come off the bench? He’s getting close to a drop for me in a 12 team league. 

It probably would be better but the team and the player both want to be a starter for obvious reasons.  At this point Bagley looks like he's a year away from being being a year away from being ready.  He's been out for so long it looks like he's forgotten how to play.  Legitimately needs a team with good track record of development or even G-League time.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
On 1/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, Stefan said:

Maaan I'm trading this fool for Bojan Bogdanovic. F uck him and f uck the Kings !

His daddy would approve 🤣

• Haha 1

I'm dropping this bum. He hurts you more than help you. Only good cat he contributes is rebounds and its not even that good. 

I can't trade him because some guys in our league are nerds who auto vetos any trade. 

Edited by Brown_Mamba
  • Haha 1

I haven't watched any Kings games yet. I do have Bagley on one of my squads, but if I didn't know any better I would think that the Kings are  either 1, tanking or 2, Walton is just a terrible coach. And look, it just might be 1 and 2. Bags is better than this. He might be playing scared too as per a comment from someone on this thread that stated he got his bunny blocked by Wall for not gathering himself. Like he forgot how to play. The pressure is on him for sure to produce this year and he just maybe playing scared. Scared not to get injured again.

45 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

I’m holding and hope that he can turn things around, he definitely has the talent but so far he is my biggest bust 

He has physical tool but he don't has mental and basketball IQ

5 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

I own him in my 14-teams dynasty league (4th round pick). His 1st season was ok but now I feel pain in my a**.

I still believe he has the offensive skills though, just not in the right system and coach.

Sac is a cancer of an organization...literally maybe top 3 worst in NBA.

If I was young, I would do everything in my power to get out of there (just like Bog Bog did)

• Like 2

I understand that Walton isn't a good coach but blaming him for Marv's failures this season isn't right.

I have been trying to give Marvin the benefit of the doubt, I thought he would have a nice bounce-back year.  He looks terrible out there - so many careless mistakes, bad timing, black hole on offence.  From a coaching perspective it would actually be tough to justify the minutes he is currently getting. 

Unfortunately he hurts a team much more than helps it right now (ranked 230th in my league) so it is understandable if people drop him.

9 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

I understand that Walton isn't a good coach but blaming him for Marv's failures this season isn't right.

I have been trying to give Marvin the benefit of the doubt, I thought he would have a nice bounce-back year.  He looks terrible out there - so many careless mistakes, bad timing, black hole on offence.  From a coaching perspective it would actually be tough to justify the minutes he is currently getting. 

Unfortunately he hurts a team much more than helps it right now (ranked 230th in my league) so it is understandable if people drop him.

Walton was ruining the kids in LA and has done a terrible job. How he is still an nba coach meanwhile guys like McMillan and Atkinson are assistants is beyond me but proves Kings want to be garbage forever

For sure, he isn't a good coach.  

That still doesn't change the fact that Marvin has to put pressure on the coach to make him play more, the way he has played he doesn't warrant being on the court.

The team has looked better without him, at some point he has to hold himself accountable.

1 hour ago, MrBuffet said:

For sure, he isn't a good coach.  

That still doesn't change the fact that Marvin has to put pressure on the coach to make him play more, the way he has played he doesn't warrant being on the court.

The team has looked better without him, at some point he has to hold himself accountable.

For sure he has been a massive bust and is looking like one of the worst picks at number 2 ever. Injuries, inconsistent play and attitude holding him back. Don't think Kings entertain a trade and admit the draft mistake and Bagley can't get worse since he is pretty much at rock bottom. A coaching change soon is much more likely imo

What’s everyone’s optimism level on the near future for Bags? I’m 50/50 over whether to keep him or drop him for Hunter. From what I’ve read Bags is not looking like much and no turn around in sight, only positive is he’s healthy and maybe after so much time out working back into form?