NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

How long you guys holding for? I think he gets scooped right up if you drop him in 12T + just off name recognition alone. 

Good, that means that team probably dropped somebody of value. Bagley is not of value to pick up.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

How long you guys holding for? I think he gets scooped right up if you drop him in 12T + just off name recognition alone. 

yes about to happen. a good amount of faab coming from me. you can take my dieng or batum and all that value when i pick up bagley

2 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

Someone just dropped him in my 14 teamer. Might drop Josh Jackson for him.

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

yes about to happen. a good amount of faab coming from me. you can take my dieng or batum and all that value when i pick up bagley

What do you guys see in him? Just more potential than what’s left on the wire and hope that he can return to form?

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

What do you guys see in him? Just more potential than what’s left on the wire and hope that he can return to form?

I'm holding as well. He's shown flashes of his potential in the past. He just needs to build his confidence up and get to 30mpg. He's talented enough to get 20 and 10 and I think he will get there eventually.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

basically what you said. upside. hes healthy and hes going to get 25+ min. better than stuff on the wire. even though iv been very lucky on my streaming through two weeks.

he was 18/9 1blk .8 threes on 48% fg the last 25 games his rookie year so has some talent and pedigree/success

coming from someone who hasnt watch one second of sac bball this year. (awful experience with fox and buddy last year and walton is a joke)

Edited by colepenhagen
8 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

basically what you said. upside. hes healthy and hes going to get 25+ min. better than stuff on the wire. even though iv been very lucky on my streaming through two weeks.

he was 18/9 1blk .8 threes on 48% fg the last 25 games his rookie year so has some talent and pedigree/success

coming from someone who hasnt watch one second of sac bball this year. (awful experience with fox and buddy last year and walton is a joke)

The coach they had before Walton was actually pretty decent and IIRC, is responsible for the team (minus Holmes) being what it is currently. Maybe Bagley doesn’t get there again under Walton. 

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

The coach they had before Walton was actually pretty decent and IIRC, is responsible for the team (minus Holmes) being what it is currently. Maybe Bagley doesn’t get there again under Walton. 

maybe not but worth the free gamble imo. you have seen what ingram, j brown, garland, sexton, barrett are doing.  a couple years to get going. or just about opportunity. either way you can spin it.

Lets see if Jabari Parker gets some minutes in this PF rotation. Out all season so far due to personal reasons. Messageboard posters & Sac press say "they have no choice but to play him his 25 min and hope it gets better". We'll see.

Wouldn't even be that unprecedented if they punt this season. This guy put up 17&7 his rookie year, if you're the kind of person who likes aggregate stats and not calculated impact stats like RAPM.

90-F87147-AF6-C-4-CFD-9-DC2-5-B7-E5-D859

2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Wouldn't even be that unprecedented if they punt this season. This guy put up 17&7 his rookie year, if you're the kind of person who likes aggregate stats and not calculated impact stats like RAPM.

90-F87147-AF6-C-4-CFD-9-DC2-5-B7-E5-D859

Sheesh. Okafor comparison is the last thing u ever want lol

This Bagley pick will continue to haunt the Kings decades to come.....

12 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Sheesh. Okafor comparison is the last thing u ever want lol

This Bagley pick will continue to haunt the Kings decades to come.....

The Suns punted Josh Jackson & Dragan Bender after 2 & 3 years. Less than 5 years later they have an all star scorer, a HOF PG, an emerging big, and two young very good 3 & D guys. Life rolls on.

Just now, bbythepier said:

The Suns punted Josh Jackson & Dragan Bender after 2 & 3 years. Less than 5 years later they have an all star scorer, a HOF PG, an emerging big, and two young very good 3 & D guys. Life rolls on.

I think Doncic is a generational talent...they will always be associated with him and ******** up that draft 

I think they're already approaching Bagley as a supporting player instead of building block. He probably can be had for a decent offer, like Devonte Graham type of value. That's also a name which is being floated among Kings fans as a potential trade piece - they're clearly moving on from him as fans. Vivek might be a bit slower in that aspect. 

Short history of Kings Lottery picks since 1990:

Draft year Round Pick Player College/High School
1990 1 7 Lionel Simmons Loved him, was amazing as a rook and soph, but injuries derailed career. Also had the infamous Game Boy injury.
1990 1 14 Travis Mays Only spend one season with the Kings. Played in Italy within 3 years of the draft. 
1991 1 3 Billy Owens Held out in rookie year, didn't play a game for the Kings initially and was traded ffor Mitch Richmond. Huge bust for being picked #3.
1992 1 7 Walt Williams Loved Walt. 
1993 1 7 Bobby Hurley Injured during rookie season in car accident, never lived up to potential.
1994 1 8 Brian Grant Left Kings after rookie season.
1995 1 13 Corliss Williamson Had a good few seasons in Sacramento.
1996 1 14 Peja Stojakovic Good pick.
1997 1 11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad Flop, traded for Nick Anderson.
1998 1 7 Jason Williams Good pick.
2007 1 10 Spencer Hawes Flop. Traded for Dalembert before rookie deal expired.
2008 1 12 Jason Thompson Spend most of his career with Sac. After being traded for Landry, he ended up playing in China and Turkey quite soon.
2009 1 4 Tyreke Evans Good rookie season, but never did much after that. Traded for Greivis Vasquez.
2010 1 5 DeMarcus Cousins Good pick.
2011 1 7 Bismack Biyombo Traded draft night.
2012 1 5 Thomas Robinson LMFAO, dumped within a year.
2013 1 7 Ben McLemore Gorgeous shot, ugly career.
2014 1 8 Nik Stauskas Ugly career. Traded alongside Thompson, Landry 2 firsts for ... Nothing.. in order to save money.
2015 1 6 Willie Cauley-Stein Late in rookie deal QO was pulled to make room for... Cory Joseph.
2016 1 8 Marquese Chriss Traded draft night for Bogi and the picks that turned into...  Georgios Papagiannis and Skal Labissière
2017 1 5 De'Aaron Fox Good pick.
2017 1 10 Zach Collins Traded #10 for #15 (Justin Jackson ...lmao) and Harry Giles (which they didnt take team option on last season...lmao)
2018 1 2 Marvin Bagley Here were are...
2020 1 12 Tyrese Haliburton Excellent pick. Vivek probably overslept. 
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah I don’t see who is to hold here. He is ranked outside the top 150. Holmes has been playing outstanding. What knowledgeable owner is trading “For” Bagley?

Vivek, but I'm not sure if he plays fantasy basketball.

Matter of fact, he probably thinks / approaches the NBA as a fantasy league. 

Edited by perkinsfor3
18 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

What’s everyone’s optimism level on the near future for Bags? I’m 50/50 over whether to keep him or drop him for Hunter. From what I’ve read Bags is not looking like much and no turn around in sight, only positive is he’s healthy and maybe after so much time out working back into form?

that is the only hope I have right now, he was already a really good Fantasy player in his rookie year so he definitely is able to do something, but who knows if he can get back to where he were ...