Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Dude is very skilled and talented but he looks finished mentally. Constantly hearing you are a bust already and seeing people laugh that you went ahead of guys like Luka and Trae is damaging. Playing for a comical organization and coach who don't believe in you doesn't help neither does your dad starting drama out of no where. Change of scenery might help but best case is that Walton is fired soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

ūüé∂ Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was¬†shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

Change of scenery would not help because he is not that good. He is not first and surely wont be last that wasnt playing up to expectations of a top 3 pick. You need to work and improve. If you are coming from the bench, prove your worth to be a starter. What other team would be suitable for him? Other then OKC, I see no other team willing to give him a starters role and be patient with him and thats only because OKC are going to tank for a lottery pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totasef said:

Change of scenery would not help because he is not that good. He is not first and surely wont be last that wasnt playing up to expectations of a top 3 pick. You need to work and improve. If you are coming from the bench, prove your worth to be a starter. What other team would be suitable for him? Other then OKC, I see no other team willing to give him a starters role and be patient with him and thats only because OKC are going to tank for a lottery pick.

I think he meant change of scenery for Bagley and Walton might help the Kings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Dude is very skilled and talented but he looks finished mentally. Constantly hearing you are a bust already and seeing people laugh that you went ahead of guys like Luka and Trae is damaging. Playing for a comical organization and coach who don't believe in you doesn't help neither does your dad starting drama out of no where. Change of scenery might help but best case is that Walton is fired soon

Hmm how likely is it that Walton will get fired in the next few weeks?

22 minutes ago, Totasef said:

Change of scenery would not help because he is not that good. He is not first and surely wont be last that wasnt playing up to expectations of a top 3 pick. You need to work and improve. If you are coming from the bench, prove your worth to be a starter. What other team would be suitable for him? Other then OKC, I see no other team willing to give him a starters role and be patient with him and thats only because OKC are going to tank for a lottery pick.

Would be great if they took Hill out of the starting lineup bc they wouldn’t play him over Dort or Bazley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Totasef said:

Change of scenery would not help because he is not that good. He is not first and surely wont be last that wasnt playing up to expectations of a top 3 pick. You need to work and improve. If you are coming from the bench, prove your worth to be a starter. What other team would be suitable for him? Other then OKC, I see no other team willing to give him a starters role and be patient with him and thats only because OKC are going to tank for a lottery pick.

He is a former number 2 pick and still very young lol. League is filled with garbage players i am sure those terrible lottery and small market teams would jump at the chance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely something going on with him mentally, he is shooting well below his averages the last few years. 

 

People are ragging on Walton constantly here, but if you were the coach why would you play Bagley? 

He has looked horrible so far and his team has been much worse with him on the court.  Haliburton/Holmes have looked good this year and have made it hard not to get minutes, Bagley needs to do the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBuffet said:

Definitely something going on with him mentally, he is shooting well below his averages the last few years. 

 

People are ragging on Walton constantly here, but if you were the coach why would you play Bagley? 

He has looked horrible so far and his team has been much worse with him on the court.  Haliburton/Holmes have looked good this year and have made it hard not to get minutes, Bagley needs to do the same.

People blame the coach because they want ‚Äútheir‚ÄĚ fantasy players to do well even though IRL they just suck or have regressed. You can fire Walton all day and hire D‚Äôantoni, I bet you D‚Äôantoni still wouldn‚Äôt play Bagley and would throw out Bjelica and maybe even Whiteside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBuffet said:

Definitely something going on with him mentally, he is shooting well below his averages the last few years. 

 

People are ragging on Walton constantly here, but if you were the coach why would you play Bagley? 

He has looked horrible so far and his team has been much worse with him on the court.  Haliburton/Holmes have looked good this year and have made it hard not to get minutes, Bagley needs to do the same.

Yeah but if Walton were a good coach, Bagley wouldn’t be doing this in the first place. When is the last time you saw a young player that showed good potential regress like this under Pop, Kerr, or Stevens? Not talking about guys like Draymond Green or Aldridge who have regressed physically. Even when Green’s shot disappeared, he was still an elite defender and facilitator. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

Definitely something going on with him mentally, he is shooting well below his averages the last few years. 

 

 

ha this is year 3 and he played 13 games last year and shot 47%

sample size of 20 games you are portraying as something substantial 

he shot 80 from the line last year during that massive 13 games

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but Walton is a terrible coach. He couldn’t get anything out of Lonzo and Ingram. Now he’s playing around with Bagley’s minutes. Let the kid play and make his mistakes. It’s ridiculous what Walton is doing. Bagley probably feels the pressure because he knows if he makes a mistake he will be yanked out. Fire Walton he’s a terrible coach.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha this is year 3 and he played 13 games last year and shot 47%

sample size of 20 games you are portraying as something substantial 

he shot 80 from the line last year during that massive 13 games

 

 

In his first two years in the NBA he shot 49.7% from the field and 70% from the line. In college he shot 61% from the field and 63% from the line.

This year he is shooting 36% and 58%. 

How much more of sample size do you want?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

 

 

In his first two years in the NBA he shot 49.7% from the field and 70% from the line. In college he shot 61% from the field and 63% from the line.

This year he is shooting 36% and 58%. 

How much more of sample size do you want?  

ncaa stats. classic

i just said hes only played 20 games since his rookie year (13 gp last year at 47% and now 7 games into the year he has been bad)  but you must not read.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ncaa stats. classic

i just said hes only played 20 games since his rookie year (13 gp last year at 47% and now 7 games into the year he has been bad)  but you must not read.

 

I said he is shooting below averages his last few years.

You quote me saying that my sample size is too small and show me his numbers from last year like I was using those as a reference point - I wasn't.

 

And I am the one who cannot read?

Not sure what is worse, Bagley's defensive awareness or your reading comprehension. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

 

I said he is shooting below averages his last few years.

You quote me saying that my sample size is too small and show me his numbers from last year like I was using those as a reference point - I wasn't.

 

And I am the one who cannot read?

Not sure what is worse, Bagley's defensive awareness or your reading comprehension. 

 

 

yikes kid just yikes. its ok youre trying back track.

hes has 7 bad games. calm down trying to make it seem like hes been regressing for years. hes played 1 year and 20 games. and 13/20 games he shot 47/80.

 

you said hes shooting well below his avg the last few years which isnt true. sample size kid. its ok you didnt know what you were talking about or how many gp bagley had or probably how many years in the nba bagley had before posting.

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don't love Walton but I don't think it's his fault. What can you do with Bagley to make him better? The coach needs to be a genius to figure this out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to some DFS guys using him in like 2 of their 50 lineups in these next games, just because it's near impossible to be this bad. It's like having a .100 BABIP thru 7 games. His shooting this year from 10' and in resembles 6'1" Devonte Graham from last year.

 

Bagley 20-21

167-CEEF4-3-C8-E-4-CF2-8399-E5-B133-AED6

 

Graham 19-20

648-DDC53-5-C13-4-B90-8-CB2-97824-BA1-EF

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

last thing i will post so you dont have to comment back

 

bagley shot 48% his rookie year when his min and usage went up during the 2nd half

bagley shot 47% last year.

 

Good for you, you almost got it!  You just forgot this year which was my whole point... I will make this as obvious as possible: 

Year 1 - 50% (56 TS%)

Year 2 - 47% (51 TS%)

Year 3 - 36% (41 TS%)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

There has to some DFS guys using him in like 2 of their 50 lineups in these next games, just because it's near impossible to be this bad. It's like having a .100 BABIP thru 7 games. His shooting this year from 10' and in resembles 6'1" Devonte Graham from last year.

 

That is basically why I am holding out hope for a bit, hoping that his shooting can come back around.

What worries me more is that he has become a defensive liability, teams are attacking him.    I noticed the same thing watching vs the Warriors, PnR at him all game. 

 

Edited by MrBuffet
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That's why I posted the TPA graph at the bottom of the last page in this thread. He's atrocious at both Off & Def points added. The new Kings regime is spreadsheet city. It's like the SF Giants going from Sabean to Zaidi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So hard to drop him in my 12-team as there's not many players better than Bagley on the waiver regardless how bad he's playing or shooting. I give him these next 3 games since it's a nice schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MrBuffet said:

 

That is basically why I am holding out hope for a bit, hoping that his shooting can come back around.

What worries me more is that he has become a defensive liability, teams are attacking him.    I noticed the same thing watching vs the Warriors, PnR at him all game. 

 

 

Jesus f ucking Christ this is... oh my God it's even worse than I thought :D:D:D  ahahhaha this is comical

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

So hard to drop him in my 12-team as there's not many players better than Bagley on the waiver regardless how bad he's playing or shooting. I give him these next 3 games since it's a nice schedule.

His season rank is 360.

There is 359 players playing better than him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's basically a one cat player (rebounds). I'm sure you can get someone on the wire that doesn't kill your percentages and  averages over 0.6 stocks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...