NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Man I don't have to elaborate anything in this case... Bagley ain’t worth owning in a 20 team league, REALLY ?!? F ucking nonsense
ahahah Jesus
Are u also insane like him ?

It’s hyperbole son. Don’t let semantics confuse you. The main sentiment is that Bagley is T R A S H.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

14 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

It’s hyperbole son. Don’t let semantics confuse you. The main sentiment is that Bagley is T R A S H.

It’s hyperbole mmm wow... didn't catch that one ahahh Jesus 🤣

Point is your post quote: ''Don’t let this scrub fool you. He ain’t worth having in a 20 team league, let alone a 10.'' . . ....
was totally pointless. Just plain stupidity.

Edited by Stefan
24 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

Then why are you here dude?

1 minute ago, Pattythrills said:

To warn suckers for punishment like you to steer clear. Thank me later.

Nope, I just picked him up. Dropped 45$ in my 16 teamed league. Getting a potential 20 & 10 player from the wire is hard to find. Especially in deep leagues. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Nope, I just picked him up. Dropped 45$ in my 16 teamed league. Getting a potential 20 & 10 player from the wire is hard to find. Especially in deep leagues. 

Money down the drain. Best of luck with him.

1 minute ago, Pattythrills said:

Money down the drain. Best of luck with him.

You don’t have him on your team so there’s no point for you to be in here besides trollling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well. At this point you just gotta have faith in him to pick it up. He's been ridiculed for being the guy the Kangz picked over Luka. He knows that. Whether he can use that as motivation, we'll see.

I dropped Cole Anthony for him in a 12 teamer. Hope it won't burn me (already dropped Keldon and Hunter lmao) but screw it. I'm in for the redemption arc. We all know his upside.

Working on his shot long after the game ended last night. Putting in the work. Putting in the hustle. I wanna see you succeed Marvin. Do it for my fantasy team.

Seems like the Kangz are finding ways to get him on the floor and avoid spacing issues with Holmes.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Man I don't have to elaborate anything in this case... Bagley ain’t worth owning in a 20 team league, REALLY ?!? F ucking nonsense
ahahah Jesus
Are u also insane like him ?

So, you cant recognize a simple sarasm/hyperbole? You are not 6 dude.

8 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:
  8 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

This is what I'm talking about that he still has the offensive skills just not in the right system and coach.

This the difference between a passing Point Guard in Tyrese and a scoring guard in D Fox. The bigs have noticeably been better with Haliburton.

8 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Think you may be onto something here. 

Let me tell u something
Bagley's stats with Fox ON the court vs OFF (per 36)
ON: 14pts...13reb...0.9stocks...29.3fg%...57ft%
                             vs
OFF: 22pts...10reb...2.3stocks...54fg%...71ft%

F ucking Fox  

🤬

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Let me tell u something
Bagley's stats with Fox ON the court vs OFF (per 36)
ON: 14pts...13reb...0.9stocks...29.3fg%...57ft%
                             vs
OFF: 22pts...10reb...2.3stocks...54fg%...71ft%

F ucking Fox  

🤬

I get the FG% increase but what does the stocks and more importantly FT% have to do with it?

I like him beating out one of the worst starting centers in the league WCJ. Might look to buy at this point but still at low price.

4 hours ago, Pattythrills said:

Don’t let this scrub fool you. He ain’t worth having in a 20 team league, let alone a 10.

imagine being this dumb LOL

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I get the FG% increase but what does the stocks and more importantly FT% have to do with it?

I like him beating out one of the worst starting centers in the league WCJ. Might look to buy at this point but still at low price.

I don't know... just find it interesting

Easily his best game of the season - he looked aggressive from the beginning.

He still looked lost on D more than a few times, which is probably the reason he didn't finish the game. 

Will be interesting to see how Marv plays if Fox misses some time, he will definitely get more shot attempts and should be on the floor more.

58 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

So you can't recognize a simple hyperbole ?

Edited by GrandGourou
8 hours ago, dragonballz said:

Are you guys looking for Bagley to string some nice games, then you're going to ship him off your team or you're thinking this might be the start that he plays to his potential this season? 

I would.

1 hour ago, falconish said:

He got picked up off waivers after I dropped him. Too much of a headache to deal with, here's to him proving me wrong.

What does this mean exactly, in terms of him being a "headache"??  He ADP this year was ~110, so cost was not high.  Looking at your signature, you are rostering Jakob Poeltl at C- is in he in your opinion much less of  headache ?  

• Haha 2

I had him last season and its a headache to own him because he has two bad games and then a decent one followed by another two bad games and then he has a great game or two and when you expect him to be somewhat good he has like two awful games and so on. Dont hesitate to drop him even after a great game, if you see a hot FA of the waire. I ve seen enough of him to make a case that he is not that good. He is only good at rebounds if he plays enough minutes. He and WCJ actually gave me equal headache last season and its looking the same for both this season too.

6 minutes ago, Totasef said:

I had him last season and its a headache to own him because he has two bad games and then a decent one followed by another two bad games and then he has a great game or two and when you expect him to be somewhat good he has like two awful games and so on. Dont hesitate to drop him even after a great game, if you see a hot FA of the waire. I ve seen enough of him to make a case that he is not that good. He is only good at rebounds if he plays enough minutes. He and WCJ actually gave me equal headache last season and its looking the same for both this season too.

Sooo you owned him last year when he played 13 games total when he avg'd 14/7/0.9blk on 46%fg/80ft% and that was too much of a headache?  These posts just really don't make sense anymore. If you want to say he's not a top player fine, but with how thin center is, I really don't agree at all and I haven't seen any factual evidence backing up this except for people on the internet expressing how they watched him and can tell.  

Edited by SportsBrain
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

What does this mean exactly, in terms of him being a "headache"??  He ADP this year was ~110, so cost was not high.  Looking at your signature, you are rostering Jakob Poeltl at C- is in he in your opinion much less of  headache ?  

Exactly! They dropped him after 2 weeks! Very novice moves! If you believe in the potential you hold on to that player as long as you can. You don’t just drop them so early into the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

Poeltl LOL....didnt know dude was still in the league

• Haha 2

Bagley will bounce back, that's for sure. When we can't know that... but overall talent is there, and I'm confident he'll do someting usefull for our fantasy teams. Yes he's a black hole on defense... but what u gonna do. That's who he is. 

Edited by Stefan
55 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

I mean, inconsistency, poor fg, lack of stocks and assists for one. Again, if he can put it together and proves me wrong then great - you live and you learn.

• Like 1