NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, falconish said:

I mean, inconsistency, poor fg, lack of stocks and assists for one. Again, if he can put it together and proves me wrong then great - you live and you learn.

I think the main issue here is you are basing this off a very small sample this year(and quite frankly last year's 13 game sample isn't big enough either).  Take a look at his larger sample rookie year- FG% was 50, 1.5 stocks total, and I'm going not to address assists because that is irrelevant for a center especially one you took pick 100+ as you can't expect that.  

No offense, to me it seems you are just defending your drop here- and if your signature is accurate and your main 3 centers are Plumlee, R. WIlliams, Poeltl.. you certainly dropped the wrong player. 

Edited by SportsBrain
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the more difficult things to do in fantasy is be the loser in trading out Bagley, but somehow you’ve managed to do just that.

That's like saying "if Harden can stay out of strip clubs"

🎶 Come and listen to my story bout a man named Luke Poor son of Bill, seems his coaching style's a fluke And then one day he was shootin at some hoops And up from the ground came a

3 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

I think the main issue here is you are basing this off a very small sample this year(and quite frankly last year's 13 game sample isn't big enough either).  Take a look at his larger sample rookie year- FG% was 50, 1.5 stocks total, and I'm going to address assists because that is irrelevant for a center especially one you took pick 100+ as you can't expect that.  

No offense, to me it seems you are just defending your drop here- and if your signature is accurate and your main 3 centers are Plumlee, R. WIlliams, Poeltl.. you certainly dropped the wrong player. 

Yep, those are my reasons for dropping. Time will tell, man!

6 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

I think the main issue here is you are basing this off a very small sample this year(and quite frankly last year's 13 game sample isn't big enough either).  Take a look at his larger sample rookie year- FG% was 50, 1.5 stocks total, and I'm going not to address assists because that is irrelevant for a center especially one you took pick 100+ as you can't expect that.  

While it is a much better sample size we have to be a bit careful basing judgement off his rookie year.

It was a different team and different management:

Holmes and Haliburton weren't there, the way they are playing they need to be on the court.  The team is better with them on the court.

Divac is gone, no pressure from upper management to force feed him minutes/production.  Monte McNair is an analytics guy in the mold of Morey, shoot threes and get to the line.  I think if Bagley can consistently hit threes he will earn some more time.

• Like 1

Well, he looked bad out there tonight.  Luckily he picked up some stats in garbage time vs the Raptors bench.

Same thing I have seen the last few games, he gets isolated and abused on D.  Will hope for another game like last where he played well and try to trade him.

3 hours ago, Pattythrills said:

This guy is a certified scrub. Garbage time helped him salvage an ounce of respectability. Where you at @Stefan

srt8 💩

But hey, al least he plays in garbage time special :D ahahahah

Edited by Stefan

He hurts your ft% and fg% given the position he plays and has more turnovers then stocks. Its simple as that. In deeper leagues he may be rostered though but with more Covid positive players I ll still rather pick up some rentals of the waire. I dont like his game either to be honest. You dont need to listen to me or anyone else on this forum. If you think he has some upside then stash him. Its still early in the season. If he stays healthy and improve his game you will have a bragging rights, if not I ll be happy to stay I told you so.

Half of this thread is "Luke Walton sucks".

Frank Vogel coached Vucevic, Fournier, Ross, Gordon AND 27 year old Serge Ibaka to nearly the worst team in the league. Then the next year with rookie Jonathan Isaac. The next year they improved 15 games under Steve Clifford. Sometimes you just don't have the horses.

Lillard & Mccollum aren't even a championship contender duo and they dribble around the Kings like it's nothing. 

Bagley is just bad. Do an eyeball test. He's just not a dude.

Now both Walton and whiteside saying that he needs to get angry that teams are targeting him. Lol they’re really giving him every single chance to try turn it around, even mins in blowouts against bench players 

I’m not sure if it’s low expectations and I know in real life he’s not looking very good...but fantasy wise today is what I’d be more then happy to have 17/5/2 with a 3, a block on 70% shooting (obv anywhere 50+ ideal)

Edited by beejay6020
10 minutes ago, kane said:

Walton let him play in garbage time to putting up stat,lol

Did he bang your gf or something? Nothing but hate from you in this thread jeez

• Like 1
  • Haha 3