NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2020-2021 Outlook

So I've been playing fantasy hoops like almost a decade and I've never ever owned LBJ. I would really like to have him on my team at least once before he retires. Is this the year  :) ?

I can guarantee he's not load managed like Kawhi. Will he miss games ? Yes. But how much, and when ? I think it is beneath his dignity to miss games if he is healthy. He said that many times. He also said that he plays for the fans, but there'll probably be no fans this season, so the potential for missed games is greater.  IDK I'm really torn. 

I guess he's fine late 1st round target. If he somehow falls 2nd in some leagues, a must have ?

Tell me what do you think.

Tnx 

Edited by Stefan
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing worse than seeing you #1 pick’s thread at the top of the forum’s front page. 

Bron is still on auto-pilot. Today might be the first game where he shifted a gear, but even then, there’s a few more gears to go above that.

Posted Images

He should probably take games off. That one season where he took a week off in CLE helped him tremendously, but I do think Lebron pushes to play a lot because he feels like it's his obligation to the fans (similar to how Kobe felt about sitting) as well as the fact that ultimately he's chasing the all time scoring record, whether he says so publicly or not.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

He should probably take games off. That one season where he took a week off in CLE helped him tremendously, but I do think Lebron pushes to play a lot because he feels like it's his obligation to the fans (similar to how Kobe felt about sitting) as well as the fact that ultimately he's chasing the all time scoring record, whether he says so publicly or not.

You must have players mixed up. He’s even rested on nationally televised games. Cmon maaan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hes entering his 18th season which he came off of a championship run and had a 71 day offseason. I cant imagine him not resting quite a bit to begin the season. The way I see it, hes won a chip and has nothing to prove. This regular season means little to nothing barring catastrophe. Plus they really shored up their depth to survive a good chunk of the regular season without him playing big minutes. 

1 hour ago, richardtlee22 said:

Hes entering his 18th season which he came off of a championship run and had a 71 day offseason. I cant imagine him not resting quite a bit to begin the season. The way I see it, hes won a chip and has nothing to prove. This regular season means little to nothing barring catastrophe. Plus they really shored up their depth to survive a good chunk of the regular season without him playing big minutes. 

LeBron is so against resting and load management. He’ll be on a minutes restriction and get games off here and there but he’ll be playing in most of their games I’d bet. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...