NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2020-2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

LeBron will be back in two weeks. Lakers can't afford to load manage him like KD. I honestly don't see the Lakers winning a game without him and AD, so there could be a long losing streak ahead. I'm sure the training staff in L.A. will heal him up back to full strength in no time, he isn't fragile like Ja Morant... he built different. They simply can't afford to load manage him and rest him up for the playoffs,  and it's looking like his last chance to win now, with the Nets, Clippers, top 8 West, and Warriors on the rise.

U can only hope, u can only hope. Nobody can take that away from u  😂
Anyways Bron will rest up big time. LA needs him for championship push

Edited by Stefan
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing worse than seeing you #1 pick’s thread at the top of the forum’s front page. 

He should probably take games off. That one season where he took a week off in CLE helped him tremendously, but I do think Lebron pushes to play a lot because he feels like it's his obligation to the

Posted Images

I think the Lakers will be comfortable resting LBJ (and AD) more than he even needs to so that he’ll be fresh for the playoffs. It will probably be a a month-plus absence unless 1 of 2 things:

1) The Lakers fall way down in the standings. Pretty sure they don’t want to fall to 8th because they would rather not face the Jazz in the first round, but is unlikely they drop past 7th unless they just struggle to win at all while LBJ and AD are out.

2) LBJ wants to win that MVP. This is likely and he might push himself to come back earlier than he should but play more passively on offense with almost no effort on defense. 

11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think the Lakers will be comfortable resting LBJ (and AD) more than he even needs to so that he’ll be fresh for the playoffs. It will probably be a a month-plus absence unless 1 of 2 things:

1) The Lakers fall way down in the standings. Pretty sure they don’t want to fall to 8th because they would rather not face the Jazz in the first round, but is unlikely they drop past 7th unless they just struggle to win at all while LBJ and AD are out.

2) LBJ wants to win that MVP. This is likely and he might push himself to come back earlier than he should but play more passively on offense with almost no effort on defense. 

I can not see the lakers competing without Lebron and AD on the court. They're pretty much a garbage team without those two.

1 hour ago, molski said:

I can not see the lakers competing without Lebron and AD on the court. They're pretty much a garbage team without those two.

Umm most teams a pretty garbage if you take away their top 2

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

It’s dumb that LBJ is even in the MVP contention. Barely above .500 without AD shouldn’t be getting anyone an MVP vote, narrative be damned. Steph, Dame and Jokic (and Embiid pre-injury) being way better candidates will make it a joke if Lebron gets even one vote for MVP this year.

2 hours ago, QingJames said:

It’s dumb that LBJ is even in the MVP contention. Barely above .500 without AD shouldn’t be getting anyone an MVP vote, narrative be damned. Steph, Dame and Jokic (and Embiid pre-injury) being way better candidates will make it a joke if Lebron gets even one vote for MVP this year.

We’ll have to see what they do while Lebron and AD are out. If they all of the sudden they become the worst team in the league, then it’s a testament to LeBron’s impact that he could keep them at around .500 in the west. 

Granted, if he was doing that but the Lakers weren’t in playoff contention, then he wouldn’t get any MVP votes. The fact that they’rea contender, his star power, and then being the Lakers has a lot of influence. 

4 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Well 2) makes no sense because if he does that he's clearly not winning any MVP

5 minutes ago, zerthimon said:

Well 2) makes no sense because if he does that he's clearly not winning any MVP

I mean like he might play overall more conservatively, like less drives to the hoop and less commitment on defense, so as to limit his cutting motion. 

Lakers are especially bad without their top two this year. Their depth will be exposed. I honestly don't see them winning a game. They lost their bigs and have no shooting this year. I see him coming back in 2-3 weeks once this reality sets in and the Lakers realize they can't afford to rest their players like the more stacked teams like the Nets or Jazz.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:03 AM, 12345game10 said:

is he worth trading for if you have the #1 or #2 seed

100% Most def. Lakers are going to have some must win games around playoff time if they want to avoid play in. That bye week is looking pretty important though for all LBJ owners/stashers.

Edited by MantisToboggan
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, g6khan said:

Just dropped him.  He returns in 2 weeks, my playoffs start next week too. I can't see the finals without him. Season ended 😕

Super lame move. Your season is toast but why let a playoff team scoop him? Bush league city

Long time lurker, first time poster. Had to make an account because I can’t believe nothing has been said. Been checking these forums for hours.

Lebron apparently ‘weeks’ away from returning per ESPN. Where does this leave everyone in terms of fantasy playoffs next week and beyond?

5 hours ago, Raiden said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Had to make an account because I can’t believe nothing has been said. Been checking these forums for hours.

Lebron apparently ‘weeks’ away from returning per ESPN. Where does this leave everyone in terms of fantasy playoffs next week and beyond?

Eliminated in first round probably. If you don't have an IR spot in your league. 

Edited by g6khan
7 hours ago, Krambone said:

Any chance he gets suspended for making a threat against a police officer? 

Probably not. He should get his a** sued for defamation and slander though. Dude is a legitimate idiot.