NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bounce Back Candidates 2020-2021

21 hours ago, tazdingo said:

How do people feel about Gary Harris being a bounce back candidate? I just realized he's been going undrafted in some leagues & I've been getting him in mock drafts with the 12th-13th pick.

One foot out the door, him and will Barton. Gary Harris will not bounce back on this team.

• Like 2
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is your friend Dennis Smith Jr.?

A few years ago Seth Curry poster top 80 value with the MMavs. Sixers are a team which could have him back in that range, which is a huge bounce back from his ~280 and ~180 ranks over the past two sea

Biggest bounce back i reckon will be horford. He just looks back to his old self and is in a perfect situation (obvs until late season and resting etc starts) and probs want to prove he is still an el

55 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

One foot out the door, him and will Barton. Gary Harris will not bounce back on this team.

Will Barton never said he is back from his injury right? But no surgery either? MPJ should get minutes.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:02 AM, perkinsfor3 said:

Hayward obviously.

Dont think Melo will do too much. Blazers have Harry Giles, Zach Collins (he needs some more time), Robert Covington and Rodney Hood who could all take away minutes from him.

I'm starting to come around to Hayward even if he's such an injury risk because of how late he can be had (5th-6th round).

37 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

what about Dennis Smith jr?

asking for a friend

The guard rotation is a mess in NY. They have DSJ, Ntilikina, Austin Rivers, Elfrid Payton, and Alec Burks, to sort through. Good luck figuring that one out with a guy like Thibs.

Thibs is always a crapshoot. Basically anyone who convinces him that they’re his “ride or die” guy will be assured of mins regardless of age or fit or contract situations. This goes from playing unheralded Jimmy Butler 39 mpg on those injured-Rose Bulls teams to 32yo Taj Gibson getting 33 mpg on Thibs’ 2018 Wolves lol 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

And dont underestimate Quickleys chances!

I was also about to type Allonzo Trier but I forgot be was cut from the team. Ahhh good ol' days. 😆

Edited by tazdingo
8 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Otto Porter, seeing his ADP fall 100+ compared to his early mid round ADP from past seasons. He claims he's finally fully healthy and he is in contract season. (3s, steals, efficiency, low TOs  builds)

Nah man. He can talk all he wants, I ain't buying it

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Nah man. He can talk all he wants, I ain't buying it

I was a buyer in him since I've been seeing him drop all the way to the 9th round but anything earlier than that seems too much for me. Did anyone else catch that blurb about someone seeing him in a club recently going nuts? That kinda scares me solely for the fact that he doesn't seem to take his recovery more seriously.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, sharkpotato said:

Mike Conley was absolutely terrible for most of last season. He's getting up there in age but I expect him to come back much stronger this year. 

Not feeling Conley. He is old. Coach just said they will arbitrarily sit vets to load manage them, a la Pop's strategy.

And beyond that, nothing has changed. Mitchell is still the alpha, and Conley defers. Same lineup, same coach, a year older Conley = pass over him through the top ~70 picks.

A lot of players on the bounce back candidates list also reside on my Do not draft list...

Randle would be a guy I'd consider but then Thibs is gonna Thibs and prob messup even Obi for us so I think I'm good w Knicks in general... 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:59 AM, ReAmiE said:

RJ Barrett

Don't think he can counts as a bounce back candidate but he does have plenty of potential to break out as the number 1 option on the Knicks team. Once Randle is out, he should have every greenlight to break out.

18 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Don't think he can counts as a bounce back candidate but he does have plenty of potential to break out as the number 1 option on the Knicks team. Once Randle is out, he should have every greenlight to break out.

You think Randle is likely to be traded?

6 minutes ago, D3K91 said:

You think Randle is likely to be traded?

This year? Probably not. Barring a major injury to Randle, Thibs is gonna be playing whoever plays better defense & Obi is harped on for having porous defense so he's going to be probably riding the bench for a while.

• Like 1
On 12/3/2020 at 12:49 PM, LosingEffort said:

what about Dennis Smith jr?

asking for a friend

Fingers crossed 🤞🏿 (Knick fan & I have him in my dynasty league)

Just the potential chance of Thibs playing him 38 minutes a night gives me hope. I hope he’s killing in training camp. We’ll see who starts on the 11th! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, letemfly said:

Lauri and JRich

I'm looking at this from a points league perspective.

I saw both in games this week. I was not impressed with Lauri ( I had him last year and am jaded). But it looks like he had a good game last night. 

J Rich just didn't seem to do much in 27 min. Donic and Hardaway seemed to dominate possessions. And J Rich didn't do much on steals, Rebs or blocks.

So when Porzingis comes back. Will he touch the ball?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Bounce Back Candidates 2020-2021