NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

What does everyone think of his value?

I felt like he started the season off slow, compiled some top 30 value, then stunk it up in the bubble.

NO took a pg in the lottery, so his leash might be short this season.

Bledsoe being a horrible catch and shoot player bothers me, but maybe that helps reverse the role a bit.

Lonzo was pretty good on catch & shoot, and i don't see those looks diminishing.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

Posted Images

I loved his profile as a draft prospect, but so far 3 years later he seems to be one of those guys who will always hurt your %s. And he's one of those guys who will always have trouble finishing at the rim. If he ever does figure out those things he could have a breakout fantasy jump akin to his teammate Ingram, but he's gotta show me before I believe it. I'm hopeful but skeptical. 

I'm gonna say that I'm actually excited for him next season primarily considering that he hasn't gotten paid and will be looking for big contract that peers in his draft class (Tatum, Mitchell, Bam) already got. Does he fix his percentages for next season? Probably not. Do I think he's still ranked too high (currently going in 4th round)? A bit. But anywhere in rounds 5 and onward, I'd be happy to take a chance on him as my number 2 PG.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since Zion joined the team:

2020/1/22 - 2020/3/08:

BBM Rank - 21

GP 20 | 35.3 mpg | 13.1 ppg | 2.9 3's | 7.0 rpg | 8.4 apg | 1.8 spg | 0.8 bpg | 0.457 fg% | 0.667 ft%

I'll admit, his bubble numbers weren't great, but it seems like the long layoff has had an adverse affect on some players (LBJ, Siakam as examples)

But I'm counting on him to put up lines like the one here with Zion. I grabbed him in the 5th round and I feel really good about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

lonzo will be the steal of the draft 

book it

Could be right tbh. He looks quicker and more confident than ever. Lonzo Ingram and Zion are the future of the team so those three should be getting all the playing time they can handle, so i can easily see Zo getting to 8 assists and having great defensive stats, if he can get his offensive game going a little he could genuinely provide top 30 value. He has the opportunity, he now just has to take it, and with the hype around his brother, he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove he is the best Ball brother. 

Things could get super exciting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Could be right tbh. He looks quicker and more confident than ever. Lonzo Ingram and Zion are the future of the team so those three should be getting all the playing time they can handle, so i can easily see Zo getting to 8 assists and having great defensive stats, if he can get his offensive game going a little he could genuinely provide top 30 value. He has the opportunity, he now just has to take it, and with the hype around his brother, he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove he is the best Ball brother. 

sounds like you know your basketball

refreshing 

• Thanks 1

If he can continue to contribute 2.5-3PTM/7RPG/8APG/1.5SPG then he's super valuable. His FG%/FT% gets knocked on but he's not a high volume usage player so he's never going to weigh so heavily on your percentages.

It might look ugly sometimes but I think Lonzo will be the backbone to a lot of successful rosters this year.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, PaddyAustralia said:

I have to agree with this - he hasn't had an offseason fully healthy. His work's already paying off because he definitely looks much better out there and yes, I know it's preseason and all, but if he stays this aggressive in the regular season then I think he will easily smash his ADP too. I mean look at his play:

As long as you're not reaching for him, I reckon he's worth the risk.

29 minutes ago, brosephd said:

no contract extension so wonder if they do trade him

Doubt that'll happen. Feels like a total Rich Paul move. No extension for now, and try to get a max as much as possible (whether it's the Pels or not) to attract more clients lmao

2 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

this was a solid line lol. if these are the lines you're gonna complain about  just trade him

i agree, he had a very bad game, if you watched it he was not looking the best. So if this his FLOOR when he plays bad, im super excited for him.

Like if he hits 2 more shots, he has 12 2 6 2 1, bring it on baby!

Edited by PaddyAustralia
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook