Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

overdrafted? he was ranked 51st LAST Year in my points league. He's ranked closed to the 100's this year on a per game basis. He's under performed. 

lol the revisionist history to defend a player that under performed based on every kind of league setup. 

he's top 40 the last few weeks and you're still crying like a child

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

You're a kid, because you're defending lonzo ball like a fanboy that is probably close to last in his league lol. 

dude relax, the stats dont lie, over the last month he is top 40, we defend because we can back it up, you only pipe up after 1 bad game a week. if he was playing like at start of season fair enough, but he isnt he is playing well now. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we have all learnt our lesson and staart trusting that lonzo is a top 50 player this year. Even if he does get traded. They sat bledsoe late and it looks like they are running more plays through lonzo every game. Strap in lads its about to take off.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

21/1/12/3/2 with 6 3s... ah yep quiteeee the line. interesting how his rise over last few weeks has correlated to bledsoes strong decline, seems they're working out the better combo + lonzo getting more settled it seems 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I owned both Lonzo and Bledsoe (finally Bledsoe today), from what I’ve seen the biggest change has been Zion bringing up the ball and initiating the offense which essentially removed Bledsoe from the equation entirely and since Lonzo has been on fire from 3 it has made him settle into his more shooting guard esque role. The assists today where a huge surprise. 
 

I honestly wasn’t a believer in him with this team but he seems to be finally clicking and even on his off games his lines have been useful. Stocks are starting to pick up again which is great to see and the 3s have been basically elite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B.A.G. said:

I owned both Lonzo and Bledsoe (finally Bledsoe today), from what I’ve seen the biggest change has been Zion bringing up the ball and initiating the offense which essentially removed Bledsoe from the equation entirely and since Lonzo has been on fire from 3 it has made him settle into his more shooting guard esque role. The assists today where a huge surprise. 
 

I honestly wasn’t a believer in him with this team but he seems to be finally clicking and even on his off games his lines have been useful. Stocks are starting to pick up again which is great to see and the 3s have been basically elite. 

yeh i think that was gonna be the biggest concern was his assists especially playing in a more shooting guard role but i always thought if theres good ball movement and with good finishers like ingram & zion he should still be able to get 5-7 per game. end of the day most that drafted him wanted some assists, some steals and 3s predominantly which he has been providing in abundance lately 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would’ve ever thought Lonzo would basically become a 3&D player (although he does run the offense at times).

Still think a trade benefits him though. Don’t see why he can’t average 14/7/7 on a team where he can actually run point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 4:59 AM, lethotjames23 said:

 

not looking too good here! hopefully his 4th round production levels off a bit so you can start @'ing me again!

just @ing you to let you know that lonzo over the past 30 days is averaging:

16 PTS, 4.5 REBS, 5.5 ASTS, 1.5 STLS, 0.5 BLKS, 4 3PMS, 46% FG, 84% FT

man has levelled up, and is averaging near 7 assists over the last 2 weeks cause they have changed the offence to be more around him zion and ingram instead of ball share with bledsoe.

So i told you so? idk hey, this kid is a fantasy monster and will be for many years to come.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

just @ing you to let you know that lonzo over the past 30 days is averaging:

16 PTS, 4.5 REBS, 5.5 ASTS, 1.5 STLS, 0.5 BLKS, 4 3PMS, 46% FG, 84% FT

man has levelled up, and is averaging near 7 assists over the last 2 weeks cause they have changed the offence to be more around him zion and ingram instead of ball share with bledsoe.

So i told you so? idk hey, this kid is a fantasy monster and will be for many years to come.

.... you do realize i was the big lonzo supporter always defending him in this thread right lmao? think you quoted the wrong post lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

.... you do realize i was the big lonzo supporter always defending him in this thread right lmao? think you quoted the wrong post lol

 

 

hahah nah i cant convey sarcasm across text too well, i know it wasnt you i was being sassy towards the other dude xx lonzo fans are united as one ❤️

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I did NOT expect coming into the season was his solid, reliable pts and ft shooting. I can actually count on him for 15-20 pts which is wild to me. A very pleasant surprise. I was a little down on him earlier this season but he’s got his legs back into it now. Well done Lonzo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

One thing I did NOT expect coming into the season was his solid, reliable pts and ft shooting. I can actually count on him for 15-20 pts which is wild to me. A very pleasant surprise. I was a little down on him earlier this season but he’s got his legs back into it now. Well done Lonzo.

Yeah, Lonzo deserves a ton of credit. Considering how his career began, with all of the hype and scrutiny (and then disappointment) in LA and his, err, overbearing father ...he's come a long way.  His shooting is vastly improved across the board, and it takes him to a whole other level as a player.  He must have worked endlessly to improve because his shot was fugly before.  Gotta respect his growth.  And man am I glad I waited out the early season woes, he's ballin' now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo was ranked 25th overall for the last 20 games, and that was before tonight’s gem.  His arrow continues to point up, and value stands to improve even further if Bledsoe is dealt.  Giddyup! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

all it took for him to ball out was to see his brother handle business

 

you gota think, when u watch the guy who’s azz you’ve busted your entire life beast, it does something to u psychologically 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...