NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

38 minutes ago, brosephd said:

bledsoe is stealing his assists. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/fantasybball/comments/kpc7gj/bledsoe_lonzo_possibly_shifting_roles/

Earlier this week Stan Van Gundy mentioned looking for different ways to utilize Bledsoe.

From Pelicans beat writer Will Guillory:
Stan Van Gundy on Eric Bledsoe: "I don't think we've done a lot to help Eric right now."   SVG says the offensive focus has been feeding BI and Zion, but they have to find more ways to get Bledsoe playing downhill.

This from Pels writer Jim Eichenhofer:
Stan Van Gundy said #Pelicans want to find ways to help Eric Bledsoe be able to attack/drive more on offense. Bledsoe has been in a lot of spot-up situations in halfcourt. He's taken more three-pointers (21) than twos (17) through four games

Today against a defensively sound Raptors team, Bledsoe went 19 points with 10 assist and 5 boards -- a huge rise in assists. Watching the game you could see it wasn't a fluke, Bledsoe was bringing the ball up despite Lonzo being on the floor. Lonzo finished with 13/4/4. Just something to keep an eye on moving forward if you have Bledsoe or Lonzo.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

people still holding? Dude been a bust all season How you going to let your younger bro enter and league and own you right away year 1?

Posted Images

As big of a Lonzo fan as I am. It's obvious why this is the case. He's not a very developped offensive player. Why put it in his hands when you can put it in an actual threats hand who has the ability to create. Lonzo will have his nights, but until he can figure out how to be a more consistent offensive player, there's no reason to make him run the show. 

Ppl just gotta stop high expectations on Zo, there's no such thing as stealing assists, if you want the assist gotta make it happen. Defenses know he is always gonna pass so they aren't afraid of his penetration and that effects his lack of assists when he isn't a scoring threat. BI can out assist Zo alone just because his offensive threat creates opportunities for others. I think this is the line we should expect all year 13/5/5 with defense and 3's. Hopefully ya'll didn't draft him too high. 

Zo is just being used differently this year

Last year he was at 12.8 potential assists

This year he's at 8.8 

And considering that the Pelicans are almost dead last in shooting you can expect Zo assists to fluctuate game to game

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dude is ballin triple double watch...

oops wrong brother wrong thread 

It's pretty funny. LaMelo in just 7 career nba games is already out-producing his older brother who's been in the league for 3 years already. Yikes..

It's been pretty disappointing to say the least. The steals have even dried up. The only reason to hold onto this guy is that he can put up beastly numbers once he gets going. Sigh..

Just now, sharkpotato said:

It's pretty funny. LaMelo in just 7 career nba games is already out-producing his older brother who's been in the league for 3 years already. Yikes..

It's been pretty disappointing to say the least. The steals have even dried up. The only reason to hold onto this guy is that he can put up beastly numbers once he gets going. Sigh..

He plays way too passive. Lamelo already has more confidence than him in  7 games. As a Pels fan I was hoping the green light would come on this year because he showed an improvement in his jumper, but at this point I’d rather see NAW get minutes. He is who he is 

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

He plays way too passive. Lamelo already has more confidence than him in  7 games. As a Pels fan I was hoping the green light would come on this year because he showed an improvement in his jumper, but at this point I’d rather see NAW get minutes. He is who he is 

so what do you think? do you trade him if the hack can string together a decent game?

5 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

this guy is fn useless...he stands around and does nothing. in the 2nd half, over 15 minutes...no pts, no dimes, no boards, no steals, no turnovers...a ghost

He is limited offensively. Below average jumper, can’t beat anyone off the dribble and can’t finish at the rim. I actually liked him coming out of UCLA

3 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

so what do you think? do you trade him if the hack can string together a decent game?

I would explore a trade after he has some 15/7/7/2 games. SVG could bench him and see what he has in  NAW if the Pels start looking like trash 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, affliction said:

He is limited offensively. Below average jumper, can’t beat anyone off the dribble and can’t finish at the rim. I actually liked him coming out of UCLA

what is he good at? i have watched at least 4 pelican games...and he literally just stands around and is so passive. I mean isn't he supposed to be a playmaker? it's kind of inexcusable for such a poor shooter to not even be able to dish the ball (no pun intended). I read so much hype about him breaking out, i need to stop listening to hacks and start watching players for myself. 2021 is a lost nba season for me, with hardly any preseason, it was difficult to do research and get a hold on the offenses an players to target. His brother in contrast looks so hungry and active, the complete opposite. 

9 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

what is he good at? i have watched at least 4 pelican games...and he literally just stands around and is so passive. I mean isn't he supposed to be a playmaker? it's kind of inexcusable for such a poor shooter to not even be able to dish the ball (no pun intended). I read so much hype about him breaking out, i need to stop listening to hacks and start watching players for myself. 2021 is a lost nba season for me, with hardly any preseason, it was difficult to do research and get a hold on the offenses an players to target. His brother in contrast looks so hungry and active, the complete opposite. 

He is supposed to be a ‘floor general’. I see why some publications labeled him as a potential sleeper though especially with Holiday gone. To me he plays scared.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Should've plugged in Cole Anthony instead. Here I was thinking Lonzo will show up for a match with his brother. 😭

the following would have netted similar results. 

spacer.png

Some Lonzo owners would be pissed at this one (esp since I drafted Lonzo and I passed a chance to get Lamelo from waivers in a shallow league).

For me, I'm just upset that Lamelo missed out one more assist so I could make a Ball vs Ball: Triple double vs Triple single joke.

1 minute ago, affliction said:

He is supposed to be a ‘floor general’. I see why some publications labeled him as a potential sleeper though especially with Holiday gone. To me he plays scared.

yup i heard the exact same, 'so many lobs to zion'...it's been anything but. not sure what hes so scared about. he should be scared about the wrath he is about to get from ME ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS BECAUSE IM BOUT TO GO SCORCHED EARTH ON THIS MOTHER F******

or i'll just cry.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

looooool the tears are back. all of you are pansies. not a peep when he puts up a respectable line 4/5 games

This must be Lavar. 

• Haha 2