NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, Apollo_87 said:

Per-36 of 20-5-3, with 2.5 3s and 1.3 stls.

Percentages aint great, but those stats ^ are pretty useful in most leagues.

Oh wait a min, it's JormaJormala! Why am I responding to a post by you with a legit response lol. Silly me.

Not good per minutes numbers at all for 36 minutes.e

And the more minutes he plays the more ineffective he will get.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

Yeah, I think the difference between Lonzo and Lamelo is the latter is being allowed to do whatever he wants, and it works perfectly with his game style.  Rozier and Graham seem fine playing off him o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Oh wait a min, it's JormaJormala! Why am I responding to a post by you with a legit response lol. Silly me.

I mean those are some useful stats...but he ain’t no MCW 

image.png.1fe5b8d24114c0ebd54fbc984b0d1343.png

3 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

1.7 steals -_- 

7 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

I mean those are some useful stats...but he ain’t no MCW 

Bro, MCW is so good... have you seen his Jorma's projections? And still barely roster able after inflated stats.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Hopefully him and Reddick get shipped to the Knicks in a three way for George Hill and whatever scraps Knicks wanna send to the Thunder.

Knicks actually have enough veteran shooters now though. Just lacking young ones except for Quickley... maybe ?Knox??

18 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Hopefully him and Reddick get shipped to the Knicks in a three way for George Hill and whatever scraps Knicks wanna send to the Thunder.

Ball would feast on the Knicks, but seems redundant with Payton around lol

Just a matter of how urgently the Pels want a deal, I guess. They are 5-10 though, so maybe we can see some movement in the next week.

Oh and as I speak, Knicks have expressed interest in D Rose. Definitely a better fit than Lonzo.

Edited by m1dday
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Knicks actually have enough veteran shooters now though. Just lacking young ones except for Quickley... maybe ?Knox??

Just a hypothetical. Some team will take DSJ and Ntilkina expiring. Unless you consider Alex Burks/Rivers and Bullock veteran shooters.

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

Ball would feast on the Knicks, but seems redundant with Payton around lol

Just a matter of how urgently the Pels want a deal, I guess. They are 5-10 though, so maybe we can see some movement in the next week.

It does. But in my hypothetical head it’s helps the Knicks get rid of two expirings who aren’t playing anyways (DSJ and Ntilkina), George Hill becomes either the starting or backup PG for the Pelicans; that frees up one veteran off the tanking Thunder and Boom that’s your play. Payton moves to 6th man. He is trash anyways on a expiring too.

What’s the ROS outlook here. I’m pondering trade talks to move him for dejounte Murray. Is he gonna become the player we hoped for with a trade? Or is there still hope if he stays at NOLA and they change their rotations/pace? 

Another implication here is that seeing how Lonzo Ball is turning out, I think we can temper our expectations with LaMelo Ball.

I think LaMelo is a slightly better shooter, but I don't think he is that different from Lonzo.

Just now, rob0403 said:

Another implication here is that seeing how Lonzo Ball is turning out, I think we can temper our expectations with LaMelo Ball.

I think LaMelo is a slightly better shooter, but I don't think he is that different from Lonzo.

I think he's much different than Lonzo. They're only brothers.

12 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

What’s the ROS outlook here. I’m pondering trade talks to move him for dejounte Murray. Is he gonna become the player we hoped for with a trade? Or is there still hope if he stays at NOLA and they change their rotations/pace? 

Well a change to their rotation/pace would mean a coaching change. I don’t see that happening. He didn’t get an extension so I think his time is done in NOLA. Lonzo has never really been all that great. He was really hyped and that’s about it.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, brosephd said:

lonzo on knicks or warriors would be a huge boon. definitely holding until trade deadline. this will be the catalyst we need unless he gets traded to a slow pace team lol. 

I think he might be a backup on the warriors, because Draymond is the primary playmaker on the starting lineup. 

Otherwise, you have only 2 shooters on the starters in Curry and Wiggins. 

Edited by rob0403

Lonzo will never be an NBA All Star. Hes good, just not NBA All Star good. 4th year in the league and the Pelicans was like nope dont wanna do a contract extension with you (at least whatever it is his agent asked for)

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1