NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook

22 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Lonzo will never be an NBA All Star. Hes good, just not NBA All Star good. 4th year in the league and the Pelicans was like nope dont wanna do a contract extension with you (at least whatever it is his agent asked for)

Yup, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in his 4th year he should be ready by now. I even ranted last week for the Pels free him. Thought the big stage in LA was the issue. Nope, he just ain't ready or our expectations were too high. I still think there is something there though, maybe years down the road. 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

Yeah, I think the difference between Lonzo and Lamelo is the latter is being allowed to do whatever he wants, and it works perfectly with his game style.  Rozier and Graham seem fine playing off him o

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Yup, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in his 4th year he should be ready by now. I even ranted last week for the Pels free him. Thought the big stage in LA was the issue. Nope, he just ain't ready or our expectations were too high. I still think there is something there though, maybe years down the road. 

i think as fantasy owners we dont want nor need him to become an all star. just to do what hes capable of as a starter because his ability to fill the stat sheet in all categories is what draws us to him. i drafted him purely for 15/5/7 lines with defensive stats - not all star numbers but very good fantasy numbers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lonzo probably has the worst body language of an NBA player I’ve ever seen. He is also one of the most passive players I’ve ever seen and seems like he’s barely engaged while he’s on the floor, all of this is made worse when he’s in a half court set where he needs to think and not just react. Lamelo on the other hand is in constant attack mode, either chucking threes or going for crazy passes, he’s the “awake” version of Lonzo. I really hope he gets traded to an uptempo team because it seems Van Gundy is sticking with the slow paced basketball with no shooters plan. 

• Like 1

Van Gundy is an absolutely horrible coach that is stuck 20 years in the past. He used to be good but he’s done nothing to evolve to a game that’s drastically changed. This dude is about to stunt the growth of the entire team.

What an absolutely horrendous hire.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

That's my point. He's averaging .388% this season and this shooting night was likely a fluke. 

lol i mean he won't average 7 threes a game bro. but its all about oportunity. his game is fantasy friendly af when he's on. he's a good player, people gotta stop judging guys by whether or not their shots go in on a given night

Edited by lethotjames23
1 minute ago, lethotjames23 said:

lol i mean he won't average 7 threes a game bro. but its all about oportunity. his game is fantasy friendly af when he's on. he's a good player, people gotta stop judging guys by whether or not their shots go in on a given night

I know he's solid in giving ast and peripherals... I said his shooting was flukey tonight... didn't say he was useless lol relax

2 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

I know he's solid in giving ast and peripherals... I said his shooting was flukey tonight... didn't say he was useless lol relax

not unrelaxed lol. this thread constantly talks about how trash this dude is because he misses shots tho. so i assumed thats what you meant by this being a fluke

3 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

not unrelaxed lol. this thread constantly talks about how trash this dude is because he misses shots tho. so i assumed thats what you meant by this being a fluke

my guy, ragingrooster wasn't saying he is trash. He is saying that on average he wont be shooting that well but can still have games similar. Like if he shot at .388% he gets 15, 3, 8, 1 which is still incredible. of course we would all love 7 threes 27 pts a game but we all know what we were signing up for when we drafted him, dodgy shooting, incredible peripherals.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

my guy, ragingrooster wasn't saying he is trash. He is saying that on average he wont be shooting that well but can still have games similar. Like if he shot at .388% he gets 15, 3, 8, 1 which is still incredible. of course we would all love 7 threes 27 pts a game but we all know what we were signing up for when we drafted him, dodgy shooting, incredible peripherals.

yep he literally just explained this lol. i got it

he still needs to get traded.

A lot of this production was because of the team's great penetration with the extra pass.

Zion & BI made great decisions, hence their TO #s..