Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hes a walking triple single.

Really liking what I've been seeing recently. (stats include tonight's game)

Yeah, I think the difference between Lonzo and Lamelo is the latter is being allowed to do whatever he wants, and it works perfectly with his game style.  Rozier and Graham seem fine playing off him o

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Which Ball brother do you guys think will be best ROS?

We might be thinking the same here as I was toying offering a trade for lamelo. Seems like lamelo will have more opportunity to thrive.
 

Depends on lonzo if they change his role or he gets traded, if so then his experience should translate to better consistency then lamelo. If all stays same I THINK might prefer lamelo as he becomes more comfortable 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

We might be thinking the same here as I was toying offering a trade for lamelo. Seems like lamelo will have more opportunity to thrive.
 

Depends on lonzo if they change his role or he gets traded, if so then his experience should translate to better consistency then lamelo. If all stays same I THINK might prefer lamelo as he becomes more comfortable 

Pelicans are one of the worst fits for Lonzo in the entire league. Genuinely bottom 3.

They run their offense too much through Zion and Ingram and have no legit shooters. None of their starters are hitting 40% from 3 which makes sense since none of them are known for shooting. Ingram is decent but he’s not really a catch and shoot guy. The fit makes zero sense for Lonzo from a coaching, scheme, and roster perspective. If he can be ball dominant and have solid shooters around him I’m sure he can average 14/8/8 or something. I mean he averaged 10/7/7 his rookie season.

Don’t know if he gets traded but man a team like the Bulls would be an amazing fit. He can actually have the ball in his hands more and they got legit shooters. If he stays I don’t see him doing better than LaMelo at all. I do think he’s better than him for now but LaMelo has way better usage and is in a better fit. If Lonzo doesn’t have the ball in his hands his value on offense is going to be limited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

 

Don’t know if he gets traded but man a team like the Bulls would be an amazing fit. He can actually have the ball in his hands more and they got legit shooters. If he stays I don’t see him doing better than LaMelo at all. I do think he’s better than him for now but LaMelo has way better usage and is in a better fit. If Lonzo doesn’t have the ball in his hands his value on offense is going to be limited.

Bulls is not a ideal place for Lonzo....playing with Lavine and Coby White these two balldog is bad fit

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

Lol, he’s been #10 total game value 9-cat and #27 per game this week and we’re still not happy. Interesting...

People drafted Lonzo in the 5th-7th rounds and are wanting Harden numbers lol. I don’t have Lonzo, but wouldn’t mind trading for him..I like his ROS outlook 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am guessing they are looking at the players salaries and then seeing Ingram being their highest paid player with Zion getting the max in the future. If you pay for Lonzo too you are gonna have no salary room.

I think they don't believe Lonzo, Zion, and Ingram are good enough so they probably gonna trade Lonzo and cheap out. Get some picks and do it that way. Makes sense. 

So I don't think they will change their style of play, everything will go through Ingram and Zion. Bad style for Lonzo. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Lol, he’s been #10 total game value 9-cat and #27 per game this week and we’re still not happy. Interesting...

inflated due to 1 game 

 

his best landing spot would be orlando. new york, or detroit 

 

he would have a featured role on any of those 3 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

inflated due to 1 game 

 

his best landing spot would be orlando. new york, or detroit 

 

he would have a featured role on any of those 3 

Inflated, but he still gave you those stats.

New York play a very slow pace, as do the Magic. In fact, NOP are 16th in pace while NYK (30, dead last), DET (23) and ORL (21) trail quite a bit behind.

If the issue is Zo not being able to run and gun, what makes you think he’ll thrive in Thibs’ outdated half court schemes? Dude is worse than SVG. Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo is fine where he is at he just needs to adjust. He should have known last year, when the ball is in Ingram hands, he makes things happen. And Zion is Zion, so he deserves the ball. Lonzo needs to study players like Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. It should be no reason to be sorry next to Ingram and Zion. Those two are the future of the franchise and if you can’t co-exist then his bum self needs to be out the league like his brother LiAngelo. Lamelo is making Zeller and Malik Monk look like perennial all stars with an inferior coach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kane said:

Bulls is not a ideal place for Lonzo....playing with Lavine and Coby White these two balldog is bad fit

Those 3 won’t be on the court at the same time. White would likely be sent to come off the bench where he should be or involved in the deal (doubt it). It’s a great fit for him because LaVine can play well off the ball as well. Every team in the NBA has a ball dominant player already more or less. LaVine and Lonzo splitting half court duties isn’t particularly a bad thing...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Lonzo is really stuck, there really is not a team out there that needs a ball dominant PG that cannot shoot. 

In today's NBA you need to surround Lonzo with 3 if not 4 players that shoot 3. I do not see a team like that, which is just waiting for lonzo to unlock their potential.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I feel like Lonzo is really stuck, there really is not a team out there that needs a ball dominant PG that cannot shoot. 

In today's NBA you need to surround Lonzo with 3 if not 4 players that shoot 3. I do not see a team like that, which is just waiting for lonzo to unlock their potential.. 

Exactly, and you see how the market has all but dried up for Ben Simmons. Most consider him overrated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t count the bubble & the slow start of this season, he’s actually a very much improved shooter.

We saw the improvement towards the end of last season, pre-bubble. He’s come a long way & deserves credit. Already light years ahead of Ben Simmons in terms of shooting.

If he can sustain his recent consistency then the future is very bright for the eldest Ball brother. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gmoneyb said:

If you don’t count the bubble & the slow start of this season, he’s actually a very much improved shooter.

We saw the improvement towards the end of last season, pre-bubble. He’s come a long way & deserves credit. Already light years ahead of Ben Simmons in terms of shooting.

If he can sustain his recent consistency then the future is very bright for the eldest Ball brother. 

100%. His jumper still isn’t traditional and doesn’t look smooth or anything but it damn sure doesn’t look like early on in his career. It’s a lot better and doesn’t even look that bad.

Improving by a few percent from deep would be great but he’s still hitting almost 3 per game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...