NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tomas Satoransky 2020-2021 Outlook

Now he's certainly liable to fly under the radar, possibly for good reason, but could there be some sneaky value, at least in roto formats? There's the versatility, plus White being more of a scorer than a facilitator (correct me if I'm wrong) could mean there's room for both of them? Of the other point guards, Arcidiacono remains while Dunn and Harrison are headed out, as I understand.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is a long-term change, Sato should be worth a spec add in 12-team leagues. His splits as a starter last year were great. Two years ago as the starting PG in WAS he was super down the stretch.

Stud. After today's quality win, Sato is #62 ranked in the 12 games he has started. Looks like Vuc's arrival has made Sato better. 

I had Sato and cut him the night before he was moved into the starting lineup.  

5 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Now he's certainly liable to fly under the radar, possibly for good reason, but could there be some sneaky value, at least in roto formats? There's the versatility, plus White being more of a scorer than a facilitator (correct me if I'm wrong) could mean there's room for both of them? Of the other point guards, Arcidiacono remains while Dunn and Harrison are headed out, as I understand.

Coby White will probably start at PG with Lavine more of a facilitator 

Edited by DonutGiveUp
16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Coby White will probably start at PG with Lavine more of a facilitator 

I would not say LaVine is a facilitator, he’s a scorer. So is Coby White. That’s why I think we will see some 3 G lineups with Satoransky/LaVine/White. Tomas is 6’7” & LaVine is 6’6”, so that’s a small ball lineup that can match up defensively with teams.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tomas Satoransky 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good question. Maybe him and Coby swapping places will make for a better fit and with Zach and Lauri around to sink shots, he could do his Dollar-store-Swiss-knife thing and provice a little bit of everything with decent assist rates, which are always handy.

I don’t know how this plays out tbh. Sato, Lavine and Thad (surprisingly) all like to handle the ball, so this might actually deflate everyone’s value.

I think the big winner here, fantasy wise, is Coby White. He’s going to eat off the bench with little competition in terms of taking shots.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeXScott said:

He had 58/50/90 shooting splits in February,  that's not doing much?

Low volume. He is starting but Bulls also got lots of offensive weapon to be honest. I also kinda believe Coby White playing sixth man role is better for Bulls. 

Picked him up in a 12T. He usually produces efficient, versatile lines when he gets starter minutes so it's worth giving it a few games at least. 

Had him last year. One of the underrated aspect of his game was his solid steals rate. With less minutes this year his rate has fallen off completely.. If he can 25-27 min maybe he can get close to a steal per game.

29 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Had him last year. One of the underrated aspect of his game was his solid steals rate. With less minutes this year his rate has fallen off completely.. If he can 25-27 min maybe he can get close to a steal per game.

...and efficient with his shots. Hope he sticks in the starting lineup this week, I need some ASTs and STLs.

• Like 1

If this is a long-term change, Sato should be worth a spec add in 12-team leagues. His splits as a starter last year were great. Two years ago as the starting PG in WAS he was super down the stretch. This year, under Donovan, they should be more like the WAS stats in a better offensive system than either Boylen's or Brooks.'

The key is whether this is truly long-term, and what the split of minutes is. This was clearly on Donovan's mind for a while. And everyone sees Coby White is a scorer more than facilitator. Donovan has said he wanted better starts from the team. Last night, he said this:

Donovan plans to keep Satoransky and Young in the starting lineup for the time being, but he cautioned it may not be a permanent move. Like seemingly everything in a pandemic-altered, hectic NBA season, the Bulls’ new starting lineup is fluid.

“This is not set in stone for the rest of the year,” Donovan said. “We’ll see how works and what this looks like.”

SOURCE: https://www.radio.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-bulls/winning-on-billy-donovans-mind-as-he-adjusts-bulls-starting-lineup

So it feels like Sato is the starter for at least the week or two while Donovan makes his assessment. The other thing is minutes split. Sato got 25 minutes last night, versus 33 minutes when he started for WAS. That number needs to go up. 

Projected line if he gets 30+ minutes as a starter:

11.2 points

6.6 assists

4.6 rebounds

1.2 steals

1.0 3pm

.3 blks

All on good percentages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
23 hours ago, csklmf said:

Low volume. He is starting but Bulls also got lots of offensive weapon to be honest. I also kinda believe Coby White playing sixth man role is better for Bulls. 

Oops just added him in one of my deep 12 teams league. Josh also bullish on him. Why the heck not? I’m good with 8 pts 5 ast 1 stl while not hurting your % gimme that 

• Like 1