NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2020-2021 Outlook

I like Collins chance of moving as well. They have Gallo. They have a cluster of people including Capela. Feels like there's too many mouths to feed on that team, between Trae, Collins, Capela, Hunter, Gallo, Reddish, Huerter.

I have no idea where he'll end up, but if he finds himself on a team like MIA, BOS, DAL, UTA, those could all be great places for him.

I actually love the idea of him going to UTA (D. Mitchell and Gobert) or BOS (J. Tatum and Brown).

We'll see when all is said and done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point gu

whats the formula? to play KAT-less Timberwolves 72 times in a season?

F Hunter and Reddish. Give this man more shots!!!

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

I like Collins chance of moving as well. They have Gallo. They have a cluster of people including Capela. Feels like there's too many mouths to feed on that team, between Trae, Collins, Capela, Hunter, Gallo, Reddish, Huerter.

I have no idea where he'll end up, but if he finds himself on a team like MIA, BOS, DAL, UTA, those could all be great places for him.

I actually love the idea of him going to UTA (D. Mitchell and Gobert) or BOS (J. Tatum and Brown).

We'll see when all is said and done.

I mean if he goes to UTH what changes for him ?

Capela ➡️ Gobert
Trae ➡️ Mitchell
Hunter ➡️ Bojan
Gallo ➡️ Conley
Cam ➡️ Clarkson
? ? ?

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3

Just now, Randomguy said:

Agree, if you have Collins you want him to be playing C wherever he goes, thats where he puts up his best numbers. Rebounds and blocks are obviously way down this year playing with Capela, I imagine it would be the same with Gobert 

No doubt, no doubt

Edited by Stefan
1 minute ago, Stefan said:

I mean if he goes to UTH what changes for him ?
Capela ➡️ Gobert
Trae ➡️ Mitchell
Hunter ➡️ Bojan
Gallo ➡️ Conley
Cam ➡️ Clarkson
? ? ?

Agree, if you have Collins you want him to be playing C wherever he goes, thats where he puts up his best numbers. Rebounds and blocks are obviously way down this year playing with Capela, I imagine it would be the same with Gobert 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Sell High (with Hunter out) or do you guys think he is about to turn it around??

most likely a sell high, hunter out and reddish can't hit a shot to save his life. Both have played a factor in giving him better offensive production. However, it also seems like him and trae have been in sync again, but I don't know if it's a situational thing with hunter out. The hawks are playing better now, that collins and trae are back on track even though they lost yesterday. Hopefully he can start getting some stocks or something to offset loss of shots with hunter in the lineup. 

5 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

Yep, and then talks about how he may not finish top 60. Whatever, haters gonna hate 🤷

slowly but surely crawling into top 30

• Thanks 1

Not a fan of following everything Josh Lloyd says, especially as everyone in my league thinks he's God lol. Josh doesn't get everything right. Helpful, sure, but not gospel.

Collins without Hunter has been great (15th per game, BBM) and his usage is almost exactly as it was last season. He's also been awesome since him and Trae made up as BFFs (23rd per game, BBM). The only reason he hasn't been returning top 10 value is because his RPG and BPG are slightly down (attributable to Capela).

Do we want Hunter back anytime soon? No. Will Collins post early Round 2 value all season? Maybe not. But he is going to hover in the top 30/40 all season because of his stat set (strong floor), and he has Round 1 upside if the pieces fall favourably. I'll take that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anybody hasn't noticed yet... 

J.Collins stats per36 with Hunter: 17.7p - 12.5fga - 54.3fg%
J.Collins stats per36 without Hunter: 24.8p - 17.6fga - 57.4fg

Sooooo enjoy the ride 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Aw baby! Collins without Hunter will be pretty elite. Hunter isn’t due to be back until mid-April so it feels like there’s a good runway almost the rest of the way.

What about Bogey though? His return is a lot closer than Hunter's so I can imagine that'd be towards the end of the month or early March if anything.

46 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

What about Bogey though? His return is a lot closer than Hunter's so I can imagine that'd be towards the end of the month or early March if anything.

i think that’ll affect huerter and reddish more (more reddish than huerter, hes been pretty consistent while reddish is still a lottery ticket at this point)