NBC Sports EDGE Forums

John Collins 2020-2021 Outlook

Simsanityy179

47 minutes ago, Shyke said:

He’s not aggressive at all. Does this guy not understand he’s in a contract year? Do you wanna get paid or not??? 
Also he’s always open for lobs and they don’t even look for him. Very frustrating. I owned Jrue Holiday last season and traded him after first few weeks because of frustration and then eventually he balled out for someone else. So we gotta remain patient it’s still too early. Him not getting the extension is a good thing for his value, he should be extra motivated. I wouldn’t mind a trade out of Atlanta. 

He was ranked top 10 last season and we all knew a slight drop off was to be expected, that’s fine at least be top 30. But this current production is unacceptable!

Im gonna emphasize your story about Holiday.  This guy is WAY too talented to simply drop or trade for peanuts at this point.

That being said, he was playing pretty trash before he got thrown in, in garbage time tonight.

I’m very lucky that I got him in the 40s.  Getting him in the 20s would be mega frustrating 

Edited by sld12

If anyone drafted Collins expecting the same role and production, it wasn’t being realistic. That should have never been the expectation.

The Hawks aren’t just Young and him anymore. They have multiple new pieces all of which are good players. Plus the young guys they already had behind him and Young in the pecking order that are still developing. 

Too many mouths to feed on this team. They don’t need two guys to soak up all the usage. They are deep. They are trying to make the playoffs. All of this was known.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The last thing this forum needs is to be anything like the heavily censored football forum

Well if we going to get people whining for 2 pages about their 3rd rounder being “trash” after the 3rd game of the season.

3 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Yea I've changed my mind. He's off to a real slow start with constant foul trouble but once he gets over that he should be fine. He should still end up a top 40 guy.

He’s been 48th per game on 22mpg with foul trouble.

If he pushes for his regular minutes (~31mpg) he could easily get back inside the top 25 IMHO.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

He’s been 48th per game on 22mpg with foul trouble.

If he pushes for his regular minutes (~31mpg) he could easily get back inside the top 25 IMHO.

Capela didn't play in 2 of those games tho and he's still on a minutes limit. Capela getting 30 mins will have an impact.

2 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Capela didn't play in 2 of those games tho and he's still on a minutes limit. Capela getting 30 mins will have an impact.

It will have an impact on his rebounding, but everything else might be similar. They shared the court in preseason and Collins’ per-36 still looked good, even his rebounding (not 11RPG good, but serviceable).

High floor (top 40) and high ceiling (top 10) IMHO. As long as he’s getting the minutes and he doesn’t continue to shoot himself in the foot with fouls, Collins at 30mpg will return good value.