NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2020-2021 Outlook

11 minutes ago, L3onD said:

20p,8rbs,blk on 9/14 in 25 minutes

just stop fouling and play 30mins = you’re an all star

Collins at 30mpg with his current stats average = top 15.

• Like 2
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point gu

whats the formula? to play KAT-less Timberwolves 72 times in a season?

F Hunter and Reddish. Give this man more shots!!!

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

Great game but the low minutes worry me

Dudes a certified stud, he’s getting unlucky with the fouls but he’s a monster 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

This sounds like De'Aaron Fox and Bagley issue as well.

But at a significantly different player level. Trae and Collins are a lot better than and have a much higher ceiling than Fox and Bagley.

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Not sure. I like Collins, but especially last year, their game was a lot about putting up gaudy stats and not about winning. I'm not sure if Collins would put up much better stats than he did last year with most teams. 

3 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Not sure. I like Collins, but especially last year, their game was a lot about putting up gaudy stats and not about winning. I'm not sure if Collins would put up much better stats than he did last year with most teams. 

Of course it depends on which team he gets traded to. Spectrum can go from Lakers (few opportunities) - Hornets (more opportunities) The problem is he is still on his rookie deal and the Hawks have no incentive to trade him yet (RFA). If anything I can see a sign and trade scenario at the end of the season so the Hawks can get something of value. 

I think it’s in the Hawks’ best interest to play him regardless IMHO. This is why I got him in the first place despite the crowded rotation.

As an RFA, they can either:

(1) Play him to showcase him for a S&T, so that they don’t lose him for nothing at the end, or

(2) Play him to keep him, giving him touches and opportunities so that he’d re-sign with them at the RFA period, or

(3) Disgruntle him, minimize his opportunities and lose him for nothing. 

Yes, (3) is technically possible, but it works against their own interest and I’d rather forecast on either (1) or (2) being reality.

• Like 1

I owned trae and collins last season and collins again this season, so I've watched a good share of hawk games. Their head coach is just not good. Albeit theyve had injuries to gallinari this season, he doesnt know what to do with bogdan. Game plan is also out of whack. If you watch the games, something just feels off. 

Are/Should owners of John Collins worried here with the latest news on the supposed rift between him and Trae? Interested to know what they think/feel about the situation.

dudes had 2 shots the whole second half, this is ridiculous. very little stocks. everyone just looks for their own shots. couple times he's open down low and no one cares. or there's a mismatch. This is clearly a coaches job to get him more active on the offence since he's a defensive liability or else why the hell is he ever playing on this team. 

Edited by halbounih

started 4/4 in the first q...finished 4/7

f***in atlanta hawks

(last game, JC the only guy that showed up to the game, beasted in the first half, had like 4 more shots in the second and thats about it)

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw the game and yeah.....they do not like to pass the ball lol. Its like 4 Kobe Bryants playing out there, "Oh I got the ball? I am going to shoot it....oh damn I got no shot here ya go." next person "thanks! Im shooting this get out of the way!" lol. It was crazy zero ball movement.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, ghstuddachamps said:

As of now we've definitely overpaid for him. However as long as he is getting his minutes I'll take lines like tonight (4 threes is kinda nice too btw) knowing big games could be on the horizon.

im cool with where i picked him (4th round)...this is his floor which is still top 50 if im not mistaken...his ceiling is enormous so im cool betting on him, hawks are a mess, he might get dealt or he might just go ham