NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2020-2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, L3onD said:

im cool with where i picked him (4th round)...this is his floor which is still top 50 if im not mistaken...his ceiling is enormous so im cool betting on him, hawks are a mess, he might get dealt or he might just go ham

How does collins fall to the 4th round in any league?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point gu

whats the formula? to play KAT-less Timberwolves 72 times in a season?

F Hunter and Reddish. Give this man more shots!!!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

How does collins fall to the 4th round in any league?

cause of the clusterf*** that atlanta is and its a valid a** reason as we can see...pick 34 is nothing too dramatic or surprising, its a steal but you still have a headache every f game knowing how good he actually is and how under-used he is

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, L3onD said:

cause of the clusterf*** that atlanta is and its a valid a** reason as we can see...pick 34 is nothing too dramatic or surprising, its a steal but you still have a headache every f game knowing how good he actually is and how under-used he is

yeah I got him at 39, with first round potential you have to take him at that point. But it sucked drafting him knowing how stacked Atlanta was. I thought he'd at least be pulling 2nd round value. But the ball hogs on this team ain't no joke. Im hoping the coach starts to produce more sets for him and get something going with trey. I saw static's on Rotoworld, apparently he's playing 7% more time at centre this year due to staggering between him and cappela yet his blocks have diminished. Hopefully he can pick that part of his game up, he'll easily jump a round or 2

What type of player would it take to snatch Collins away from you guys? I actually dont think that he will hit last years numbers, as he doesnt start at center any longer, although his value should increase in the future. 

Bro i got collins on 4th round too... im kinda concerned about everything y'all are talking about - touches, minutes, and how he fits in with the hawks offense. Should i take MPJ for Collins at this time or HOLD onto Collins?

6 minutes ago, pfang said:

Bro i got collins on 4th round too... im kinda concerned about everything y'all are talking about - touches, minutes, and how he fits in with the hawks offense. Should i take MPJ for Collins at this time or HOLD onto Collins?

Assistant coach forum is where you should ask this.

2 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

What type of player would it take to snatch Collins away from you guys? I actually dont think that he will hit last years numbers, as he doesnt start at center any longer, although his value should increase in the future. 

I got Mitch Rob for him

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sld12 said:

The lack of blocks this season are the most frustrating part.  He’s averaging about 1 whole block less per game than he did last season.

and capelas blk way down as well. (killing me with collins capela stack)

35 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Sucha waste of players talent in Atlanta. J.Collins could easily return a 1st round value given playing time and touches. 

f--- YOU HAWKS AND f--- YOU LOYD !

Agreed - based on their lack of an extension, and their love of Trae, I'm assuming Collins is on the way out. Imagine him on a squad like Dallas

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, droselicious said:

At this point I want them to trade collins. His value cant get any lower on another team. As the post above said, dallas would be the perfect fit.

He would eat in Dallas. Luka would be giving him so many easy looks.

8 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

He would eat in Dallas. Luka would be giving him so many easy looks.

But they already have Porzingis,and THJ will also chucking shot,I don't know is it enough shot in Dallas for Collins:huh:

Edited by kane
Just now, kane said:

But they already have Porzingis,and THJ will also chucking shot,I don't know is it enough shot in Dallas for Collins:huh:

Porzingis won't be going anywhere, but I think they could make some moves to acquire Collins. I think he would have free reign down low as Porzingis floating around the perimeter

6 minutes ago, kane said:

Honestly, porzingis is made of brittle sedementary rock. He's not going to last. If I'm wrong whateves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

which teams are we realistically looking at as trade options? hes on a rookie scale contract so they cannot get much in return except picks...who’s willing to give up 2 first rounders (i guess they would ask for that much) if there’s not a guarantee set in place that he’ll resign?

i would actully prefer a team like hornets...i think pj and jc can switch positions easily depending on a matchup (zeller and biyombo are past tense) and both can stretch out a floor with jc being the better shooter option plus he would be an awesome rim runner for melo, they could also keep him on a 25mil a year (possibly) deal while other guys are growing as well, it wouldn’t burden the salary cap that much

Edited by L3onD
1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I prefer the Rockets if you want a trade. Now they have picks.

Wall/Oladipo (if he stays)/House/Collins/Wood

fertitta is cheap, jc will not get the money he wants there but yeah, rockets would be a good option too

13 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

and capelas blk way down as well. (killing me with collins capela stack)

Same.  Add in the fact that I also have Trae in addition to those two, whose been lacking the 3s that I thought were a given, and it’s been a nightmare 🤮

Edited by sld12