NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2020-2021 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

drafted this guy because he fell in the 4th round¬†ūüôĄ. whats up with the low playing time? Gallinari isnt even back yet..

foul troubles, blowouts, bad coaching, bad team chemistry

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point gu

whats the formula? to play KAT-less Timberwolves 72 times in a season?

F Hunter and Reddish. Give this man more shots!!!

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

are the suns a possibility? that team would be sick. 

cp3 

booker

bridges

collins

ayton

if this happens, this put me at 4/5 suns starters on my squad...good god, please no

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, ghstuddachamps said:

Production is officially alarming at this point. Is Atlanta purposely sabotaging his value for leverage in contract talks? 

Perhaps but I think he's gone after this season, someone will overpay for him. 

The lobs he used to get, capela gets now. Thing is he doesn't have offensive moves. I feel like he gets clustered every time he puts the ball on the floor. Just saw a play where he travelled trying to post up on Melo. He's definitely not worth a max. Without lobs from trae he's an average player, nothing special since he doesn't play defense. Just sucks I thought he'd still have top 20 value this year. 

35 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

I don't own this guy, but its a shame how hes being used. I don't care if hes not great defensively. Offensively he's amazing. If he's gonna be on the floor, run plays for him

Agreed. I can see why a Collins would be upset 

Edited by affliction
42 minutes ago, halbounih said:

The lobs he used to get, capela gets now. Thing is he doesn't have offensive moves. I feel like he gets clustered every time he puts the ball on the floor. Just saw a play where he travelled trying to post up on Melo. He's definitely not worth a max. Without lobs from trae he's an average player, nothing special since he doesn't play defense. Just sucks I thought he'd still have top 20 value this year. 

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point guard with two legs to run and two hands to dribble and pass the ball - i dont think hes worth the max either but hes gonna get paid something close to that regardless

i dont care about his defense, seen plenty of plays where he played good d, maybe he lacks defensive instincts and maybe he doesnt, he plays for atlanta, theyve sucked defensively since he came there, no one there clearly knows any better, if they did, they would act like a team and beat tf outta this sorry a** blazers...and his franchise buddy cant play a lick of defense and will always be a liability on that end of the floor but no one says **** cause he can bomb threes from the logo...there is a multitude of guys who are big time players that dont play defense (and im not talkin about james hardens of the league) and still get theirs, im not saying he has to be a 20-10 guy each night (he can def be one easily) but to stand around there not getting the opportunities while guys like hunter, huerter, reddish take 10-15 shots each, what kind of **** is that?

personally, i dont give af about the hawks, never have and never will but seeing how the league is so situational while theres 178 different coaches and scouts on each team and they all pride themselves with their fantastic knowledge of the game while drafting guys like ayton ahead of doncic only to be turning that same ayton into a f***in marcin gortat by his third year...its just sad how some guys are deceived into thinking they should not ask for more...they crucified MPJ for saying the most obvious **** during the playoffs, they are crucifying JC cause he sees that theres literally no gameplan, zero chemistry on the floor and hes standing around like a f***in idiot while others go iso 7/10 times

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
44 minutes ago, L3onD said:

he has a jumpshot most big men in the league only dream of plus hes an awesome rim runner, literally two things that make him unstoppable on the offensive end of the floor if he has a capable point guard with two legs to run and two hands to dribble and pass the ball - i dont think hes worth the max either but hes gonna get paid something close to that regardless

i dont care about his defense, seen plenty of plays where he played good d, maybe he lacks defensive instincts and maybe he doesnt, he plays for atlanta, theyve sucked defensively since he came there, no one there clearly knows any better, if they did, they would act like a team and beat tf outta this sorry a** blazers...and his franchise buddy cant play a lick of defense and will always be a liability on that end of the floor but no one says **** cause he can bomb threes from the logo...there is a multitude of guys who are big time players that dont play defense (and im not talkin about james hardens of the league) and still get theirs, im not saying he has to be a 20-10 guy each night (he can def be one easily) but to stand around there not getting the opportunities while guys like hunter, huerter, reddish take 10-15 shots each, what kind of **** is that?

personally, i dont give af about the hawks, never have and never will but seeing how the league is so situational while theres 178 different coaches and scouts on each team and they all pride themselves with their fantastic knowledge of the game while drafting guys like ayton ahead of doncic only to be turning that same ayton into a f***in marcin gortat by his third year...its just sad how some guys are deceived into thinking they should not ask for more...they crucified MPJ for saying the most obvious **** during the playoffs, they are crucifying JC cause he sees that theres literally no gameplan, zero chemistry on the floor and hes standing around like a f***in idiot while others go iso 7/10 times

well said, I ageee with you JC should be getting his shots. No reason why hunter reddish and heurter are getting more shots than him. But yeah he does have some good defensive plays, I just want his blocks to become more consistent. Like when we drafted him we were hoping for a 19/8/1.5 blocks type of dude with good efficiency. It's annoying that young ignores him on offense.

I think he needs a new coach who can actually make a game plan, as you said. 

Go to GSW Collins! You need an unselfish PG and leader in curry. Trae is a bum this season in terms of leadership and what's best for the team. I'm not going to get into the head coach. And wtf is the gm?? They stack on every position but the head coach doesn't know how to utilize the talents. What a mess...

• Like 1

So besides everyone "wanting" him to be moved to help our squad, do you think the Hawks would want to move him?

There's no contract extension, so I'm assuming he's not in their future plans. Can the Hawks get much for him, considering he'll be a RFA.

BTW, what happened last night in the game lol

ive watched every game and it seems like the coach favors the trae/capela pick and roll over the trae/collins because of collins's ability to stretch the floor. also, aside from that pick and roll, everyone else is just a chucker and plays for themself (hunter, reddish, huerter, bogdan, goodwin). its cutthroat. 

anybody with a brain saw that they were just signing guys with no thought on fit. i mean, capela with JC already here made no sense. gallo, ok, veteran presence. but bogdan? random af when you already have reddish and huerter. i thought reddish was blossoming like PG at the end of last year.

Edited by pdids911
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, squidthunder said:

So besides everyone "wanting" him to be moved to help our squad, do you think the Hawks would want to move him?

There's no contract extension, so I'm assuming he's not in their future plans. Can the Hawks get much for him, considering he'll be a RFA.

BTW, what happened last night in the game lol

There was a contract extension (90mill) but he turned it down. Not sure if it was 4 or 5 yrs tho.