NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook

Magic has the nearly same core in new season and Issac will out for season,so Vucevic is still their 1st scoring option and is very likely to repeat the last two seasons value(1st-2nd round value).

The only one thing I have little concern is DJA no longer in magic because he is a very good P&R passer and setting up some easy basket to Vuc.On the other hands,Fultz seems like to attack the rim rather than play P&R with Vuc...so I think Vuc may miss DJA passing.

Look at the stats,Vucevic maybe the most consistent and reliable bigman beside AD,KAT and Jokic

VUC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm high on Vucci Mane. He's about as reliable a big man as you can get in round 2. Guaranteed 20/10 with good assists and 3s from the C position. I would personally take him over Collins and Ayton, m

Posted Images

I'm high on Vucci Mane. He's about as reliable a big man as you can get in round 2. Guaranteed 20/10 with good assists and 3s from the C position. I would personally take him over Collins and Ayton, maybe even Bam. And with Isaac gone, he's in line to get even more touches.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, fabrar said:

I'm high on Vucci Mane. He's about as reliable a big man as you can get in round 2. Guaranteed 20/10 with good assists and 3s from the C position. I would personally take him over Collins and Ayton, maybe even Bam. And with Isaac gone, he's in line to get even more touches.

Vucci Mane is indeed old reliable - but what Ayton has is a higher ceiling. I think it will come down to your drafting position. Ayton is ranked 20th and Vucevic in the 30s. Either is good as your 2nd round pick especially if you are punting assists. These 20-10 guys will be gone after the 30s. 

As what has been reiterated in the Collins thread, there is some animosity if he will be able to replicate last year's stats. Gallo, Capela and Okongwu being onboard doesn't help matters. 

I analyzed stats of these four players - Vucevic, Bam, Collins and Ayton - if I have pick 15-18, all four available and I need a big man I still go with Bam, though he was the worst in last season rankings. What I like? These numbers: 5,1-1,1-1,3. High assists and good stocks. Collins and Vucevic give threes, but this is a category which is not too important at the beginning of the draft. I appreciate more out-of-position assists and steals - two categories which usually are not available later in draft. All four man have 10+ rebs and 18+ points (I hope Adebayo also reach to this level at coming season), there is no much difference. And the last one: Bam has clearly more TO than others. This category gives you advice to draft rather Vucevic, but I usually don't pay attention to TO too much - often I punt this cat.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, apatas said:

I analyzed stats of these four players - Vucevic, Bam, Collins and Ayton - if I have pick 15-18, all four available and I need a big man I still go with Bam, though he was the worst in last season rankings. What I like? These numbers: 5,1-1,1-1,3. High assists and good stocks. Collins and Vucevic give threes, but this is a category which is not too important at the beginning of the draft. I appreciate more out-of-position assists and steals - two categories which usually are not available later in draft. All four man have 10+ rebs and 18+ points (I hope Adebayo also reach to this level at coming season), there is no much difference. And the last one: Bam has clearly more TO than others. This category gives you advice to draft rather Vucevic, but I usually don't pay attention to TO too much - often I punt this cat.

My only (minor) concern with Bam is the scoring. He's a perfect 2nd round pick if you're punting points, but Miami is too free with passing the ball around for any one player to get huge scoring numbers. I can see Bam getting to 17-18 ppg, but that's a hard pill to swallow in the 2nd round unless you punt points. It's hard to get good 20ppg+ scorers in later rounds

• Like 1
5 hours ago, apatas said:

Bam wont reach 18pts, thats wishful thinking. Vucevic is by far the better and much safer option. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, apatas said:

All four man have 10+ rebs and 18+ points

J Collins won't have 10 rebounds per game enymore. More like 7. I can tell u that

33 minutes ago, Snatch said:

Bam wont reach 18pts, thats wishful thinking. Vucevic is by far the better and much safer option. 

Yessir

Edited by Stefan
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

in a heartbeat

Vooch is A, B and C option in Orlando. Ayton is not nearly enough involved on PHX offense, as he should be

Agreed. Vuc would be my top big off the board after AD, KAT and Jokic. And Giannis if you count him as a big

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

How do we feel about Vucevic in dynasty leagues? Never owned him before, looking for some insight.

I'd be looking for deals in the next couple of seasons, just turned 30, especially if he's not in Orlando. While he is still in Orlando though, top 20 has been a lock on per game basis. Mini Jokic stats (20/10/3.5+ assists/1+ threes from the center spot(1.6 this past season)) on good %, stocks are the weakness. 

• Thanks 1

Vooch I love! So don't get me wrong but on my list its goes AD, Jokic, KAT, Embiid, Bam, Vooch, Ayton, Collins.

I get that everyone is down on Embiid for being injured or not playing full seasons... but not even ranking him in these last few posts is insane. The amounts of FTs he takes along with his FT% to anchor that cat,as well as blocks is better than KAT. Embiid is also close enough to KAT in points, 3s and assists. He suffers on injury. But I am buying his stock all day while everyone is selling. Right now I am calling Embiid my sleeper if everyone is scared off by him and his injury/rest history. 

Vooch is a solid mid to late 2nd rounder, he is old reliable and he hurts you in no cats.

1 hour ago, cheehc said:

Vooch I love! So don't get me wrong but on my list its goes AD, Jokic, KAT, Embiid, Bam, Vooch, Ayton, Collins.

I get that everyone is down on Embiid for being injured or not playing full seasons... but not even ranking him in these last few posts is insane. The amounts of FTs he takes along with his FT% to anchor that cat,as well as blocks is better than KAT. Embiid is also close enough to KAT in points, 3s and assists. He suffers on injury. But I am buying his stock all day while everyone is selling. Right now I am calling Embiid my sleeper if everyone is scared off by him and his injury/rest history. 

Vooch is a solid mid to late 2nd rounder, he is old reliable and he hurts you in no cats.

Vooch is a lot more reliable than Embiid. Vooch would be an absolute steal if you snag him late in the 2nd round. I don't know how hes ranked 30th going into this season. Its pretty amazing because last year was considered a down year for many and yet he ended up ranking 18th overall in per game on BBM whereas Embiid ranked 23rd. The difference between the two is even more staggering in total value in which Vooch ranked 14th and Embiid 48th. So even in a per game basis Embiid couldn't outrank Vooch. The fact that the sixers are going to load manage Embiid just seals it for me there.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Vooch is a lot more reliable than Embiid. Vooch would be an absolute steal if you snag him late in the 2nd round. I don't know how hes ranked 30th going into this season. Its pretty amazing because last year was considered a down year for many and yet he ended up ranking 18th overall in per game on BBM whereas Embiid ranked 23rd. The difference between the two is even more staggering in total value in which Vooch ranked 14th and Embiid 48th. So even in a per game basis Embiid couldn't outrank Vooch. Given the injury history to Embiid this right here just seals it for me.

I got him in a startup dynasty and I’m not sure how to feel about it. Took him over Capela, Turner, MitchRob, Bryant, Bagley, Jonas V, guys like that. I think he puts up the best numbers of those guys this year but I’m unsure past this year since he’s 30. 

1 minute ago, RedRaider27 said:

I got him in a startup dynasty and I’m not sure how to feel about it. Took him over Capela, Turner, MitchRob, Bryant, Bagley, Jonas V, guys like that. I think he puts up the best numbers of those guys this year but I’m unsure past this year since he’s 30. 

Oh I was talking just redrafts. But i'm sure he'll continue to put up all-star numbers for the next few years.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook