NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook

I just love this guy. He's the best C after AD, KAT and Jokic and should go early 2nd round. And yet somehow I'm getting him mid/late 3rd round every draft

U   n   b   e   l   i   v   a   b   l   e

• Like 2
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm high on Vucci Mane. He's about as reliable a big man as you can get in round 2. Guaranteed 20/10 with good assists and 3s from the C position. I would personally take him over Collins and Ayton, m

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I just love this guy. He's the best C after AD, KAT and Jokic and should go early 2nd round. And yet somehow I'm getting him mid/late 3rd round every draft

Yeah it's crazy and something I truly don't understand.  I remember a couple years ago his ADP was filthy cheap since he was supposedly done when the Magic drafted....Bamba.  LOL.

Hugely undervalued again this year again, and still not sure why.  Maybe because he turned 30?

dont get fooled by his finish/rank 18 overall 9 cat

late 3rd rder punt t/o. big boost with his 1.6 t/o

solid player but most people want to build around stocks somewhat early. can always get points, threes, reb, mid/later

good value sub $30

12 hours ago, Stefan said:

Nothing surprise me. Two seasons ago I drafted him as a 41st pick

Edited by apatas
5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

solid player but most people want to build around stocks somewhat early. can always get points, threes, reb, mid/later

good value sub $30

I'll be absolutely shocked if he's still around in the late 3rd round in any draft. You wont find his combination of 3's and assists plus 1/1 stock from the C position anywhere close after that.. unless you wait for old man Horford. Vucevic is great because he gives you those out-of-position stats that you heavily rely on from your guards.

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

good value sub $30

Vuc basically is 90% Jokic,they have similar pts,rebs,3s,stocks,FG%,FT%,Jokic advantage is has more assist but he has more to than Vuc

So why Jokic is always draft in late first round but Vuc is only 3rd round?I don't get it

25 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Man I’ve never owned this guy but you guys got me to drink the kool aid and I’m pumped! I just hope he doesn’t break down and get hurt, he’s an old man at 30 now 😉

30 is not that old,lol.....it's prime time for professional athlete

Edited by kane
3 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I'll be absolutely shocked if he's still around in the late 3rd round in any draft. You wont find his combination of 3's and assists plus 1/1 stock from the C position anywhere close after that.. unless you wait for old man Horford. Vucevic is great because he gives you those out-of-position stats that you heavily rely on from your guards.

hes not 1/1 stocks for me might be close in season avg but was something like combined 1.4 last 30 games. would say he would be more likely to be sub 1/1 then 1/1 at age and athleticism

probably nit picking with his overall line

just not someone i would reach for in snake. i like my early rd guys to give me some stock and/or be a % anchor which i dont view vuc falls into that mold. id gamble on nurk over vuc for the stocks nurk provides over the threes of vuc, ayton for the upside/floor and fg anchor, siakum now that he has c. too many other options i like in snake to take at 2/3 turn, mid 3rd.

might be in the minority but i feel center is deep and really like my mocks in snakes when i dont take a center first 3rds. probably not smart as those middle tier centers can go fast in real drafts.

i do like him as an auction target if you are going volume approach with a grip of $30-20 players

Edited by colepenhagen
3 hours ago, kane said:

Vuc basically is 90% Jokic,they have similar pts,rebs,3s,stocks,FG%,FT%,Jokic advantage is has more assist but he has more to than Vuc

So why Jokic is always draft in late first round but Vuc is only 3rd round?I don't get it

or you could say hes a rich mans tobais harris. basically identical lines minus the reb

jokers dimes basically 8 or +4 for joker and much better %. 55/85 for joker last 30 games with an established +50%/80% his entire career

thats kinda alot of value difference from a 47/78 3.5 dime vuc line

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

i like my early rd guys to give me some stock and/or be a % anchor

I have often surprised how some fantasy managers approach to early rounds choice. If you have this kind of rules, you somehow limit yourself by avoiding many players. My opinion is that if we want some special players, we do it late-middle or late rounds. In first rounds drafting BPA looks right for me.

28 minutes ago, apatas said:

I have often surprised how some fantasy managers approach to early rounds choice. If you have this kind of rules, you somehow limit yourself by avoiding many players. My opinion is that if we want some special players, we do it late-middle or late rounds. In first rounds drafting BPA looks right for me.

not rules just many years of experience and what ive learned is stocks early and often.  what works for me might not work for others.

and i should of been more clear and said bigs. not going to pass on lillard for simmons. but why not get best of both worlds? draft a player with similar value that offers tougher stats?

Edited by colepenhagen
8 hours ago, Quazza said:

When it came down to it, i ended up having to chose between Vuc and Ayton and went Ayton 

Mainly as I was a Vuc owner last season who took him quite early, so I still feel a slight burn

I'd make that pick too. Vuc is awesome but Ayton's upside is crazy high. He was already almost a 20/10 guy in his 2nd year with more blocks and better fg%. Playing with one of the all-time great playmakers now who's known to elevate big men? Ayton is gonna explode. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Quazza said:

When it came down to it, i ended up having to chose between Vuc and Ayton and went Ayton 

Mainly as I was a Vuc owner last season who took him quite early, so I still feel a slight burn

I did the exact same thing and im very happy

11 hours ago, Quazza said:

Not burned nearly as bad as those who drafted Ayton last year ....

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Not burned nearly as bad as those who drafted Ayton last year ....

11 hours ago, Quazza said:

I didn't feel that burn at all to be honest

9 minutes ago, apatas said:

Vucevic is really consistent player, but I feel that now his consistent level is narrowly outside TOP20. Ayton has better chances to finish in TOP15 than Vuc.

Pretty well exactly how I see it 

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

You people are OD'ing on the koolaid.  Id take Bam or Ayton before Vuc

That's ok. It's fine if u value Bam's stocks and assists and Ayton's FG% more than Vooch's 3s, points and FT%
EDIT: I had all three of them last season and you can't go wrong with any. :) 

Edited by Stefan
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook