NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook

28 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Vuc > Embiid ? i think embiid will still be on the board early 2nd round for me but Vuc consistency and low injury risk makes him more appealing. embiid can obviously have an MVP season out of nowhere though..

I have no doubts in that.
I predict Embiid will miss roughly at least 15 games. And that's no bueno

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm high on Vucci Mane. He's about as reliable a big man as you can get in round 2. Guaranteed 20/10 with good assists and 3s from the C position. I would personally take him over Collins and Ayton, m

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I have no doubts in that.
I predict Embiid will miss roughly at least 15 games. And that's no bueno

100% agree. From a statistical standpoint, Embiid > Vucevic.

But you gotta take into account time missed. And Embiid feels like a lock to miss at least 7-10 games this season.

7 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

100% agree. From a statistical standpoint, Embiid > Vucevic.

But you gotta take into account time missed. And Embiid feels like a lock to miss at least 7-10 games this season.

If he's healthy all season he'll miss 7-10 games. That's just on back 2 backs. And he won't be healthy all season long, he gets injured all the time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Why reach? When you can get Vucevic between Pick 25-30?

He'll be gone by my pick 35..

I've read alot of comments saying Vuc is on par or better then bam/Ayton yet when it comes to picking second round people prefer bam/Ayton only .. I get the argument to wait but he's not gauruntee to be there for you at end of third

11 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

He'll be gone by my pick 35..

I've read alot of comments saying Vuc is on par or better then bam/Ayton yet when it comes to picking second round people prefer bam/Ayton only .. I get the argument to wait but he's not gauruntee to be there for you at end of third

I think Ayton will very likely be better this year. He was almost a 20/10 guy last year, and will certainly will be now playing with CP3. He also gets more blocks and has better fg%. 

Bam will get more assists and blocks, but won't score as much as Vuc

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I think Ayton will very likely be better this year. He was almost a 20/10 guy last year, and will certainly will be now playing with CP3. He also gets more blocks and has better fg%. 

Bam will get more assists and blocks, but won't score as much as Vuc

Ayton strength---FG%,Reb,block,still not enter his prime and play with point god cp3,weakness---3s and assists

Vuc strength---Reb,3s,assists,20+10+3.5 assists,first scoring option in the team,weakness---stock,maybe FG% due to shoot more 3s

Bam strength---FG%,assists,stock potential,weakness---FT%,3s,to,maybe pts

Nurkic strength---Reb,stock and assist potential,keep improve every season,weakness---3s,to

These 4 bigman always draft in 2nd or 3rd round have different strength and weakness,I think Nurkic has the most upside because his stock and assist potential and don't kill you FG and FT%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kane said:

Ayton strength---FG%,Reb,block,still not enter his prime and play with point god cp3,weakness---3s and assists

Vuc strength---Reb,3s,assists,20+10+3.5 assists,first scoring option in the team,weakness---stock,maybe FG% due to shoot more 3s

Bam strength---FG%,assists,stock potential,weakness---FT%,3s,to,maybe pts

Nurkic strength---Reb,stock and assist potential,keep improve every season,weakness---3s,to

These 4 bigman always draft in 2nd or 3rd round have different strength and weakness,I think Nurkic has the most upside because his stock and assist potential and don't kill you FG and FT%

Just wanted to add to this discussion by saying that 3s won't be THAT much of a weakness - Nurk and Ayton has shown the ability to hit the open 3, understandably not at the rate that Vucevic's hitting them but they won't be a net negative in 3s anymore. So that's something to consider.

1 hour ago, sld12 said:

Would yall go Vuc over GOATbear tho?

Feel like if I start with a bunch of guards I'm going to want Gobert's blocks, but the question is: is Vuc too nice across the board to make it worth going with him instead?

Vuc is perfect for a guard-heavy, potential punt blocks build. Doesn't hurt you in ft% and gets really good assists and 3pt for a C

On Thursday against the Charlotte Hornets, Vucevic took eight threes, knocking down three of them. He scored 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, both game highs.

“I told him today in front of the team, I like last night,” Clifford said. “I like eight, nine threes a game. If you look in the bubble, one of the reasons he played so well, he’s inside and outside. So last night, he had three paint catches of which I think we scored six points on, or maybe even seven. Then I believe he shot eight threes. I think that’s a great blend for him.”

• Like 1
3 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

On Thursday against the Charlotte Hornets, Vucevic took eight threes, knocking down three of them. He scored 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, both game highs.

“I told him today in front of the team, I like last night,” Clifford said. “I like eight, nine threes a game. If you look in the bubble, one of the reasons he played so well, he’s inside and outside. So last night, he had three paint catches of which I think we scored six points on, or maybe even seven. Then I believe he shot eight threes. I think that’s a great blend for him.”

Oh Yeah Dance GIF - OhYeah Dance Dancing GIFs

Minnesota K Love numbers

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Nikola Vucevic 2020-2021 Outlook
Posted (edited)

Most consistent late 2nd early 3rd round bigman,we all know is good ,nothing to say

Edited by kane
  • Like 1