NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul George 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup same. I typically avoid wings in the first 2 rounds. PG and C in rounds 1 and 2 has pretty much been my go-to strategy for as long as I've played fantasy lol. I feel like you can get that combo of

Part-time P

doesn’t seem to be too concerned. Two weeks at the most

Posted Images

Tempted to trade for him because of his fg%, but he's never shot a positive fg% for his entire career, not even close. Do people think it's just fools gold still? It's already 18 games in the book and he's still at 50. Idk, hesitant to make this deal for him only for him to drop his fg% massively.

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Tempted to trade for him because of his fg%, but he's never shot a positive fg% for his entire career, not even close. Do people think it's just fools gold still? It's already 18 games in the book and he's still at 50. Idk, hesitant to make this deal for him only for him to drop his fg% massively.

Almost definitely gets some fg% regression here to some degree, if anyone has been watching all the Clips games and can give more insight into any potential shot selection changes I’d welcome it, but I’d definitely be hesitant to try get him just for him to shoot 40% for a couple weeks lol

3 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Almost definitely gets some fg% regression here to some degree, if anyone has been watching all the Clips games and can give more insight into any potential shot selection changes I’d welcome it, but I’d definitely be hesitant to try get him just for him to shoot 40% for a couple weeks lol

Haven't watched the games but a quick look shows he has vastly improved in the midrange(from 38% to right at 48%) and in the paint percentages from last year.  Not sure why. 

Paul George is playing like a veteran. He rarely forces any of his own shots. Really in rhythm, really dictating his own pace. Im comfortable with what he is presenting thus far.

Where he lacks is his play making. Maybe he has been given more responsibility than before as he is BRUTAL with his turnovers. 

Ya been sitting in first all year in my most important league and it just came crashing down with this. Bone edema sounds awful, I’m not a doctor but from what all of the clippers reporters are saying ... it sounds like a lengthy absence. I pray I’ve never been more wrong in my life cause this **** genuinely made me sad 

13 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Ya been sitting in first all year in my most important league and it just came crashing down with this. Bone edema sounds awful, I’m not a doctor but from what all of the clippers reporters are saying ... it sounds like a lengthy absence. I pray I’ve never been more wrong in my life cause this **** genuinely made me sad 

"Edema is swelling caused by excess fluid trapped in your body's tissues. Although edema can affect any part of your body, you may notice it more in your hands, arms, feet, ankles and legs." - MayoClinic

It seems that it can range from anything minor to serious health conditions. Sorry, the quick google search did not help at all.

6 minutes ago, molski said:

The reporter is just trying to sound fancy. Dude is fine. He’s got a sore foot. A basketball player with a sore foot. Look out. He’ll be back next game. 

Edema of soft tissue and joints is very different from a bone bruise/ stress fracture reaction. The reporter's words implied the latter. Lets just hope they were just trying to sound smart and goofed.

33 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Am I the only one worried that a 2-3 month timetable is about to drop or am I just being pessimistic 

On planet earth yes you’re the only one. On Mars there maybe one more.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, molski said:

The reporter is just trying to sound fancy. Dude is fine. He’s got a sore foot. A basketball player with a sore foot. Look out. He’ll be back next game. 

I hope for PG’s case it doesnt end up this way but this could age like milk if this injury ends up like most other foot edema injuries do in the NBA

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

I'm getting really nervous. I can easily seeing this becoming a 6 week + situation. 

doesn’t seem to be too concerned. Two weeks at the most

• Thanks 3