NBC Sports Edge Forums

Texans @ Lions Thanksgiving Day Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ESPN just changed it so you can start him in your WR slot next week.

Stafford on passes longer than 20 yards.

Happy Thanksgiving guys  

Just now, Sternes said:

Romo I liked as a player when a lot of people gave him grief.  I don't really care for him as an announcer.  He is very insightful, but if he just dialed it back about 50% he would be amazing.  He talks too often to explain stuff, instead of saying, "They are going to pass short to this receiver" and lets the play happen.  Then, he should explain why he knew it.  A lot of the time he talks through the play trying to rush his explanation to beat the play and it bothers me.  Dude knows football, and I just wish he would tweak being in the booth a bit because I love his insight. I just hate his delivery.

i love his delivery and enthusiasm. it's a nice contrast to 90% of the rest of the guys who work these games who sound like they're about to fall asleep half the time. he has a deep understanding of the game and an obvious appreciate of all the things these guys do. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i love his delivery and enthusiasm. it's a nice contrast to 90% of the rest of the guys who work these games who sound like they're about to fall asleep half the time. he has a deep understanding of the game and an obvious appreciate of all the things these guys do. 

I enjoy his enthusiasm as well.  Very refreshing compared to some of the guys on autopilot.  I just have the previous issues I stated with him.  I don't think he is bad btw, just not amazing. I think he could be amazing.  His knowledge+enthusiasm is more than 70% of these guys who don't even call half the RB names right and just are guessing. Obviously it is everyone's opinion.

Edited by Sternes
3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I enjoy his enthusiasm as well.  Very refreshing compared to some of the guys on autopilot.  I just have the previous issues I stated with him.  I don't think he is bad btw, just not amazing. I think he could be amazing.  His knowledge+enthusiasm is more than 70% of these guys who don't even call half the RB names right and just are guessing. Obviously it is everyone's opinion.

true. It's all subjective. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Has Stafford connected on anything downfield?  Everything seems to be short passes that pick up yards after the catch. I'm wondering how bad that thumb is.  Someone correct me if I am forgetting a catch.

Has Stafford secretly moved in to the "could be good but he's always either "dinged up" or fully injured and therefore not often good" part of his career?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, yossarian said:

Has Stafford secretly moved in to the "could be good but he's always either "dinged up" or fully injured and therefore not often good" part of his career?

He has had a strange career. There's a sound bite from Colin Cowheard that I hear on Sirius..." Stafford was drafted in 2009 and still does not have a signature win".

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

He has had a strange career. There's a sound bite from Colin Cowheard that I hear on Sirius..." Stafford was drafted in 2009 and still does not have a signature win".

Younger + longer career Tony Romo comp.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Sure he does. It’s just that when you play for the lions, you either have to have a primtime win, or a playoff win to qualify as a signature win. Lions do neither of those

Stafford led the league in comeback in 2018 or 2017? Guy was the reason the Lions finished 9-7 and was in the mvp discussion for how much he was carrying that team. If he had that sort of season for a more popular team that people cared about, those would be considered his signature wins.

He’s simply underrated because of the team and organization he plays for. Just my opinion though

• Like 1