NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Lowry 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I think they ll keep em because Raptors won't want Harris and ofc Simmons, Embiid are off the table for this trade.

Probably something like Danny Green, Scott, Ferguson and Maxey would be the package. 

I think such a trade would hurt Lowry. He would lose in all counting stats while efficiency is already almost career high so it's difficult to see it go higher.

Yeah I think Mexey will have to be in the deal, maybe Thybulle would be interesting... I don't think Raps mind too much that Lowry will be in another team in the East since Lowry is old already.

It will be really classy of the Raps to send him to Phil if he wants to and the package is fair. Adds stock to the fact that Toronto is a great place for development and to properly take care of star players.

It will hurt Simmons stats a bit.

Edited by rob0403
  • Like 1
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU DONT THINK THIS IS ANNOYING?!?!

As a Raps fan this would hurt but Kyle has done so much for the city that I want him to go to a contender. Would be awesome to see him play with Embiid and go for another title run 

he doesn't elite 3s, stls, ft% and dimes. he's been part of 4 of my championship teams in 8 years.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

lol

No problem giving up Herro for Lowry. I prefer Duncan over him. Then throw in some bullsh*t like Kendrick Nunn to solidify the deal.

Let's make it happen.

Just now, Trench Mob said:

No problem giving up Herro for Lowry. I prefer Duncan over him. Then throw in some bullsh*t like Kendrick Nunn to solidify the deal.

Let's make it happen.

Crazy how much the perspective has changed in a season regarding Herro 🤔. I think Miami would still rather trade Duncan (RFA) over Herro who's under a rookie contract for two more seasons. 

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Crazy how much the perspective has changed in a season regarding Herro 🤔. I think Miami would still rather trade Duncan (RFA) over Herro who's under a rookie contract for two more seasons. 

He's been trending downhill for awhile now. Nose dive. His performance in the ECF was still impressive no doubt, but long term I don't see it. He's consistently inconsistent. The ball stopping, lack of defense... Nope.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

Surprised there's been no discussion about Lowry not getting moved when everyone was so sure it would happen (including Lowry himself). So Norman Powell/Terence Davis/Matt Thomas are out -- Gary Trent/Rodney Hood are in.

I figure they'll probably slide Trent into Powell's position starting at SF, but Trent will get fewer touches/usage than Powell did. Which should free up a few more touches/shots for Lowry/VanVleet/other Raptors. But the main concern is that Lowry is now 35 years old, and he remains on a Raptors team that is 17-26 and likely going nowhere this season. 

He's been playing b2bs so far this year with high minutes, but this just smells like a recipe for random missed games down the stretch IMO, especially if the Raps continue their losing ways. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, HooDat said:

Surprised there's been no discussion about Lowry not getting moved when everyone was so sure it would happen (including Lowry himself). So Norman Powell/Terence Davis/Matt Thomas are out -- Gary Trent/Rodney Hood are in.

I figure they'll probably slide Trent into Powell's position starting at SF, but Trent will get fewer touches/usage than Powell did. Which should free up a few more touches/shots for Lowry/VanVleet/other Raptors. But the main concern is that Lowry is now 35 years old, and he remains on a Raptors team that is 17-26 and likely going nowhere this season. 

He's been playing b2bs so far this year with high minutes, but this just smells like a recipe for random missed games down the stretch IMO, especially if the Raps continue their losing ways. Thoughts?

Lowry is a gamer he will not sit out. Additions have zero impact on him and his usage should go up with Powell gone. Now that he is staying and Raps are healthy they can make a run the East is comically weak that the 10th place Warriors would be 4th-5th in the East

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lowry is a gamer he will not sit out. Additions have zero impact on him and his usage should go up with Powell gone. Now that he is staying and Raps are healthy they can make a run the East is comically weak that the 10th place Warriors would be 4th-5th in the East

^ this.  Lowry only sits if he's hurt (granted he gets dinged up a fair amount).  Don't think he will be resting for the hell of it.  And Norm out of the picture only creates more scoring opps for Lowry.  I do worry if his assists will be impacted with a less efficient shooter taking Norm's spot.

• Like 2

What do y’all think? Has Lowry checked out? Didn’t get traded, team sucks...not taking shots... love Lowry but I’m getting the feeling that he’s not gonna be aggressive going forward.

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

What do y’all think? Has Lowry checked out? Didn’t get traded, team sucks...not taking shots... love Lowry but I’m getting the feeling that he’s not gonna be aggressive going forward.

He looks dejected. Team is garbage and he didn't get his move. Not looking good ROS

11 hours ago, csklmf said:

Feels like he disengages or something. But as long as he’s playing, he will give you those peripheral... Toronto still chasing for playoff right? 

Toronto is still in the playoff hunt for now but a few more L’s and it’ll be full-on tank mode.

Tank mode or not hes playing for a contract he has to show he can stay healthy and still play no way Toronto ends his era here with a shutdown that's silly. Minutes get reduced that's it

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Tank mode or not hes playing for a contract he has to show he can stay healthy and still play no way Toronto ends his era here with a shutdown that's silly. Minutes get reduced that's it

This gives me a little hope, but I gotta admit - I'm pretty concerned...

3 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

This gives me a little hope, but I gotta admit - I'm pretty concerned...

For sure he looks unhappy not to get a move and go on another playoff run but he also has to play so he can get that final payday 

6 hours ago, QingJames said:

Toronto is still in the playoff hunt for now but a few more L’s and it’ll be full-on tank mode.

tbh its a little hard to believe VanVleet Siakam Lowry OG cant even get into weak a** Eastern Conference playoff. I guess lack of defense and a bunch of injury and/ or Covid protocol really hit them hard.