NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Lowry 2020-2021 Outlook

11 minutes ago, csklmf said:

tbh its a little hard to believe VanVleet Siakam Lowry OG cant even get into weak a** Eastern Conference playoff. I guess lack of defense and a bunch of injury and/ or Covid protocol really hit them hard.

Yeah man, lost season for sure. I’m chalking it up to the unusual circumstances surrounding this season, having to play 72 road games, and the COVID protocol killing the Raps’ momentum when they were starting to roll. Also, it’s been frustrating how many close games they’re in that they just can’t close.

I’m telling myself it’s alright because this will be like our version of when the Spurs tanked 1 year for Duncan. That last bit of copium might cause an OD though...

• Like 1
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU DONT THINK THIS IS ANNOYING?!?!

Undervalued by most, appreciated by some.  I don’t like what he does to my FG% (on a non-FG punt roster) but he more than makes up for it.  I don’t weigh the value of FG% from one single player in H2H

As a Raps fan this would hurt but Kyle has done so much for the city that I want him to go to a contender. Would be awesome to see him play with Embiid and go for another title run 

Posted Images

Teams know Lowry's value already, they just weren't willing to give in to the Raptor's front office demands for a player entering UFA. I understand how much the Raptors value Lowry because he is the face of their franchise. Because of this loyalty I can see Lowry and the Raptors try to execute a sign and trade in the offseason to a team of his choosing (sources linked him to Miami, LA, Philly during the trade deadline) Another option is he ends his career with the Raptors on a team-friendly deal, we shall see in the offseason.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Are the Raptors really a tank type of team?  Some team aren't.  The Pacers don't tank even when its to their detriment.  The Raptors don't seem like that time of team either.  Rather than an all out tank, my guess is they might give a few more minutes to Flynn. Of course, there is some pride in making late season losses against conference rivals miserable.

I hope he stays with the Raptors to finish his career.  However, if not, Philly seems like the best option.  

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Teams know Lowry's value already, they just weren't willing to give in to the Raptor's front office demands for a player entering UFA. I understand how much the Raptors value Lowry because he is the face of their franchise. Because of this loyalty I can see Lowry and the Raptors try to execute a sign and trade in the offseason to a team of his choosing (sources linked him to Miami, LA, Philly during the trade deadline) Another option is he ends his career with the Raptors on a team-friendly deal, we shall see in the offseason.

Naw we kept him because Ujiri isn't a moron who would let Riley or Pelinka finesse him 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Naw we kept him because Ujiri isn't a moron who would let Riley or Pelinka finesse him 

I can only imagine the offers they were getting. I mean hes 36 and is a rental basically. He won you a championship so I think they rather him walk than accept a trash deal and basically disrespect him by saying oh we dont want you anymore we accepted a second round pick and a bench player in exchange for you or something.

• Like 1

Maybe Lowry wants to  stay with Raptors?   Maybe Raptors want to keep Lowry forever?

Raptors  are not contenders this season,   getting a draft pick in the strong draft  is not terrible scenario

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

About to start a gofundme page to get this dude a pedicure common man 

Kyle Lowry is a warrior.  He'd be out there if he could be, anyone with a shred of sense understands that.

Why post if you have absolutely nothing useful to contribute?

4 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Kyle Lowry is a warrior.  He'd be out there if he could be, anyone with a shred of sense understands that.

Why post if you have absolutely nothing useful to contribute?

Dude you really need to let your personal vendetta against @DonutGiveUp go. The player threads are specifically for the purpose of discussing players, and complaining has always been a part of it. IDK if you're new here but that's how it works 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Dude you really need to let your personal vendetta against @DonutGiveUp go. The player threads are specifically for the purpose of discussing players, and complaining has always been a part of it. IDK if you're new here but that's how it works 

Lol he hates me because im not a Tony Bradley lover

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol he hates me because im not a Tony Bradley lover

Say what?  Didn't you call me a clown and a moron?  There is a lot of reading comprehension issues going on.

My post above was on topic regarding an ill informed and zero value post.  Just setting the record straight.

I am feeling as chill as a cucumber.  I'm not going to adapt my behavior - I'll continue to stay on topic and any criticisms or complaints will continue to be related to opinions on fantasy basketball players.

If I've offended anyone I'm happy to listen.  I can't guarantee agreement.

22 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I am feeling as chill as a cucumber.  I'm not going to adapt my behavior - I'll continue to stay on topic and any criticisms or complaints will continue to be related to opinions on fantasy basketball players.

If I've offended anyone I'm happy to listen.  I can't guarantee agreement.

Making posts about yourself like this and the last one in the Tony Bradley thread is not staying on topic. You’re just muddying up threads with stuff like this.  

I realize I am now contributing to the problem but maybe we can get back to actual basketball discussion instead of this petty nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Making posts about yourself like this and the last one in the Tony Bradley thread is not staying on topic. You’re just muddying up threads with stuff like this.  

I realize I am now contributing to the problem but maybe we can get back to actual basketball discussion instead of this petty nonsense.

I've only ever made posts such as these in response to those who commented on me personally.  I'm not going to discontinue defending myself if someone comes at me.  That's what occurred over the past few days - I only made basketball related comments and some posters decided to come at me personally.  If you have an issue with these posts take it up with them.

Lowry will likely only play if he's healthy and the Raps are still in the playoff picture.  If that doesn't occur, he will have no value ROS. 

Edited by Sixersfan740