Kyle Lowry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU DONT THINK THIS IS ANNOYING?!?!

Undervalued by most, appreciated by some.  I don’t like what he does to my FG% (on a non-FG punt roster) but he more than makes up for it.  I don’t weigh the value of FG% from one single player in H2H

As a Raps fan this would hurt but Kyle has done so much for the city that I want him to go to a contender. Would be awesome to see him play with Embiid and go for another title run 

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Been saying it in the Flynn thread, Raps have no incentive to make the playoffs this year. These random rest days will continue I bet.

I agree, they sat Siakam over the weekend in the middle of a playoff push for no reason.  Super pumped to have picked up Flynn for $0 waiver (out of waiver money) when my competition paid for Sato and Melton after Flynn's first breakout game.

I have both Lowry and Flynn.  Feeling good about getting a full slate of PG ROS between them.

2 hours ago, jrmintz said:

Been saying it in the Flynn thread, Raps have no incentive to make the playoffs this year. These random rest days will continue I bet.

Well there are play in tournaments. They still got a chance but with their lack of defense, I don’t think they stand any chance playing milwaukee or sixers or Miami. May as well tank and trade for some versatile PF/ C who can defend and play make during the summer. 

Edited by csklmf
1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Well there are play in tournaments. They still got a chance but with their lack of defense, I don’t think they stand any chance playing milwaukee or sixers or Miami. May as well tank and trade for some versatile PF/ C who can defend and play make during the summer. 

Raps can make a run for sure but I think the Raps really want their draft pick this year. Incoming tanking is in the horizon. 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Listed out again due to rest. Is he officially a drop? 

As a Raps fan this is a disgusting way to let our greatest player ever leave. What was the point keeping him to just waste away? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

As a Raps fan this is a disgusting way to let our greatest player ever leave. What was the point keeping him to just waste away? 

Yeah I'm really confused as to why Masai didn't move Lowry before the deadline. We might lose him for nothing in the off-season. 

41 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Listed out again due to rest. Is he officially a drop? 

Disgusting, I activated his a** 2 days ago and now he's sitting on my bench as a useless duck. Could have used those games from the other player to win some cats. This is the worst scenario. Playoffs start next week. I think I'm gonna have to drop him for Cory Joseph or some stupid ****..........

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah I'm really confused as to why Masai didn't move Lowry before the deadline. We might lose him for nothing in the off-season. 

That was my feeling as well, someone mentioned Masai may feel he can do better with a sign and trade over the summer.

Separately, Lowry probably is fine with not playing a full load if they're not playing for something.  Why would he want to risk injury when perhaps his last decent contract opportunity awaits?

44 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Exactly or if he wasn't happy with the offers buy him out and let him go compete one last time

26 minutes ago, mtx said:

Disgusting, I activated his a** 2 days ago and now he's sitting on my bench as a useless duck. Could have used those games from the other player to win some cats. This is the worst scenario. Playoffs start next week. I think I'm gonna have to drop him for Cory Joseph or some stupid ****..........

Raps have 2 games next week followed by a 5 game week but i doubt he plays more than 3 games total in the next 2 weeks. As hard as it is he is a drop in shallower leagues

18 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Raps have 2 games next week followed by a 5 game week but i doubt he plays more than 3 games total in the next 2 weeks. As hard as it is he is a drop in shallower leagues

Yeah I don't think I have a choice here and it's a 12-teamer. 2 game week with no guarantee of starting/trying hard/playing to win in first round playoffs is brutal....... I am likely going to take 1st seed too and don't want to suffer the embarrassment of losing to the 8th seed. If I knew which 8th seed I was playing, I could drop Lowry right now to tailor my matchup. But everything's in the air. 70% of my FAAB left too but no one else good to pick up or bid on..............sighh

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

In a deep league, if your playoffs haven’t started, I think you wait one more game and see if he gets the INJ tag. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

In a deep league, if your playoffs haven’t started, I think you wait one more game and see if he gets the INJ tag. 

I have him in 2, deeper i have no choice but the shallow one I think ill move on. Im down Harden, Kawhi, Lowry and SGA and our playoffs start next week

7 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Deep league would never drop. 12 team standard is considered shallow according to Roto article. Basically anything under a 160 player pool is shallow. So basically 12 team standard and lower. So I highly doubt deep leaguers would ever consider dropping. But yes shallow you could consider options at this point.  Always options in shallow.  But also no worries right? Always can find something off waivers. 

Shut down candidate. The Raptors season is essentially over. The more games the win, the more it hurts their draft lotto odds. The more time the vets play, the less time there is to get guys like Flynn out there. Kyle is probably leaving in the off-season if he can get what he's rumored to want in a contract from another team (like Miami). 

8 minutes ago, QingJames said:

This blatant tanking ought to be punished by the league. And I’m a Raps fan.

Is there anyone in charge? The league went to shi** when Stern (RIP) retired. Silver is the worst commissioner in sports

19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Is there anyone in charge? The league went to shi** when Stern (RIP) retired. Silver is the worst commissioner in sports

Yeah, they are totally asleep at the wheel. Teams can just flout the anti-tanking rules with impunity. Regular season is a joke at this point, might as well just halve it and double the postseason with best-of-14 series to keep the fans engaged.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Yeah, they are totally asleep at the wheel. Teams can just flout the anti-tanking rules with impunity. Regular season is a joke at this point, might as well just halve it and double the postseason with best-of-14 series to keep the fans engaged.

For real no one cares for reg season anymore. Need to revamp the lottery and stop rewarding bs teams like OKC

• Like 1