Kyle Lowry 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU DONT THINK THIS IS ANNOYING?!?!

Undervalued by most, appreciated by some.  I don’t like what he does to my FG% (on a non-FG punt roster) but he more than makes up for it.  I don’t weigh the value of FG% from one single player in H2H

As a Raps fan this would hurt but Kyle has done so much for the city that I want him to go to a contender. Would be awesome to see him play with Embiid and go for another title run 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Is there anyone in charge? The league went to shi** when Stern (RIP) retired. Silver is the worst commissioner in sports

How do you go about proving they're tanking?

Why can the Clippers and Nets give their stars rest games and bad teams cannot?

• Like 1
Just now, Spyplane said:

How do you go about proving they're tanking?

Why can the Clippers and Nets give their stars rest games and bad teams cannot?

Clippers and Nets don't list their players out as "rest" Some teams aren't even hiding it anymore. Im a Raps fan and why keep Lowry to just give him the Horford treatment?  

6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Clippers and Nets don't list their players out as "rest" Some teams aren't even hiding it anymore. Im a Raps fan and why keep Lowry to just give him the Horford treatment?  

You keep saying it but why does it matter that you're a Raptors fan? 

They kept Lowry because all they got were lowball offer. To accept the best crap offer is incredibly shortsighted. Reputation is very important in successful negotiations. He's consistently shown he won't deal if his terms aren't met. 

• Like 2
Just now, Spyplane said:

You keep saying it but why does it matter that you're a Raptors fan? 

They kept Lowry because all they got were lowball offer. To accept the best crap offer is incredibly shortsighted. Reputation is very important in successful negotiations. He's consistently shown he won't deal if his terms aren't met. 

Lol because im saying even as a fan of the team its bs what they are doing. So its better to let your franchise player after everything hes done for us just rot on the sidelines? He's going to walk anyways, Masai should have let him go for another run

Lol because im saying even as a fan of the team its bs what they are doing. So its better to let your franchise player after everything hes done for us just rot on the sidelines? He's going to walk anyways, Masai should have let him go for another run

What is the incentive for Raptors to play Lowry ros?   So they can lose in the first round? 

True Raptors fans understand that this is a lost season and that is much better for Lowry and Raptors to preserve his body for the next year. Smart teams protect their franchise players and this is exactly what the Raptors are doing.   If that upsets you and your fantasy team so be it

True Raptors  fans (myself included) understand that Lowry is not going anywhere. The idea that Lowry wants to leave is ridiculous imo

Edited by legoDude
14 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I think it's better to not jump to conclusion. You don't have all the information. You'd think someone who mentions they're a Raptors fan in every post would recognize the level of integrity the Raptors have operated under during the time Masai has been in charge.

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I think it's better to not jump to conclusion. You don't have all the information. You'd think someone who mentions they're a Raptors fan in every post would recognize the level of integrity the Raptors have operated under during the time Masai has been in charge.

Masai is a business man he showed his hand with Demar and he was inches from trading Lowry when he first came in but James Dolan luckily nixed it. Im not jumping to conclusions buddy its literally obvious they are listing guys out for rest. Even roto blurbs are saying rest/tank go attack them

24 minutes ago, legoDude said:

What is the incentive for Raptors to play Lowry ros?   So they can lose in the first round? 

True Raptors fans understand that this is a lost season and that is much better for Lowry and Raptors to preserve his body for the next year. Smart teams protect their franchise players and this is exactly what the Raptors are doing.   If that upsets you and your fantasy team so be it

True Raptors  fans (myself included) understand that Lowry is not going anywhere. The idea that Lowry wants to leave is ridiculous imo

And who asked you? Raps had zero intention to tank this year but it hasnt worked out clearly. How is the idea ridiculous? He is 36, sold his home here and was on the trading block. Why would he stick around? Raptors arent contending anytime soon and have Flynn to take over

22 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Masai is a business man he showed his hand with Demar and he was inches from trading Lowry when he first came in but James Dolan luckily nixed it. Im not jumping to conclusions buddy its literally obvious they are listing guys out for rest. Even roto blurbs are saying rest/tank go attack them

I didn't know all business men operated the same way.

I also didn't know making trades is an unethical thing. A second ago you were saying it's unethical that they didn't make a trade.

Edited by Spyplane
29 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

And that integrity/goodwill is being thrown away for a higher draft pick. 

I mean I don’t blame them but what the Raps are doing is pretty greasy considering they have the personnel to compete. If you didn’t want to compete then trade the players like Donut is saying. 

As a huge Raps/Lowry fan it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Not from a fantasy perspective bc I will be fine without Lowry. Just from a general sports perspective. Either strip your team like the Magic or shore up your holes, don’t force a competitive team to sit on the bench. 

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

And who asked you? Raps had zero intention to tank this year but it hasnt worked out clearly. How is the idea ridiculous? He is 36, sold his home here and was on the trading block. Why would he stick around? Raptors arent contending anytime soon and have Flynn to take over

Take it easy dude.  This is a public forum, you don't decide who can comment or not.

• Like 1

Raptors had good team on paper before the season.  Reality was different. There  did not have comfort of home. Some players are still living in hotels in Tampa.

Then Baynes turned  out to be unplayable, Raptors played most of the season without competent  C at both ends of the floor. Add Covid, injuries, suspensions  etc and chance at "home" court advantage was gone. 

Lowry and OG missed close to 20 games each so far. Without your best player and your best defensive player (that is OG imo) you don't have a realistic chance of competing at the high level. 

Why not take it easy ros and get solid player in the deep draft? 

40 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I mean I don’t blame them but what the Raps are doing is pretty greasy considering they have the personnel to compete. If you didn’t want to compete then trade the players like Donut is saying. 

As a huge Raps/Lowry fan it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Not from a fantasy perspective bc I will be fine without Lowry. Just from a general sports perspective. Either strip your team like the Magic or shore up your holes, don’t force a competitive team to sit on the bench. 

I think he'll survive you losing your trust. You didn't even bother to call him to get his side of the story.

10 minutes ago, legoDude said:

Raptors had good team on paper before the season.  Reality was different. There  did not have comfort of home. Some players are still living in hotels in Tampa.

Then Baynes turned  out to be unplayable, Raptors played most of the season without competent  C at both ends of the floor. Add Covid, injuries, suspensions  etc and chance at "home" court advantage was gone. 

Lowry and OG missed close to 20 games each so far. Without your best player and your best defensive player (that is OG imo) you don't have a realistic chance of competing at the high level. 

Why not take it easy ros and get solid player in the deep draft? 

They lost some really important pieces on the floor and in the locker room. They experienced a bunch of injuries. They were withheld the comfort of home. There were other things working against them as well.

Edited by Spyplane

Not sure if this is an AC question, but someone dropped him probably for the Raps upcoming 2 game week. Do I use my 3rd waiver claim on him?

How are we feeling about Lowry at least playing in those 2 games and putting up decent numbers with his usual minutes? He could possibly be better than what I’d get from streaming. Could be complete opposite and screw me over too lol.

7 hours ago, lanyabatt said:

Not sure if this is an AC question, but someone dropped him probably for the Raps upcoming 2 game week. Do I use my 3rd waiver claim on him?

How are we feeling about Lowry at least playing in those 2 games and putting up decent numbers with his usual minutes? He could possibly be better than what I’d get from streaming. Could be complete opposite and screw me over too lol.

Lowry is worth claiming. 2 games output is better than 3-4 games from any streamer, and also consider Raptors sitting the likes of FVV, Siakam or OG which means even more usage 

18 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Raptors are one of the few teams that played their starters very heavy minutes and it lead them nowhere. So I suppose they thought we take a step back, a good draft pick in a great draft class and then we try again next year hopefully by addressing some needs in free agency. Why should they trade Lowry for example for some lowball offer? That would be the terrible thing, not tanking a lost season. They don't even play in front of their fans man, relax.

Edited by RipCity0
17 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Raptors are one of the few teams that played their starters very heavy minutes and it lead them nowhere. So I suppose they thought we take a step back, a good draft pick in a great draft class and then we try again next year hopefully by addressing some needs in free agency. Why should they trade Lowry for example for some lowball offer? That would be the terrible thing, not tanking a lost season. They don't even play in front of their fans man, relax.

So its ok to give Lowry the Horford treatment? He is a franchise legend they should've accommodated him even if it meant giving him away for less than they wanted. He is a UFA and likely walking anyways 

So its ok to give Lowry the Horford treatment? He is a franchise legend they should've accommodated him even if it meant giving him away for less than they wanted. He is a UFA and likely walking anyways 

I don't think they gave him the Horford treatment unless i missed some shutdown statement. It's not that he was healthy lately as well and he is also 36 years old. They just taking it easier. I still don't get why you so upset really. Only explanation is it destroyed your fantasy team. Otherwise what's wrong with two rest days for a 36 year old on a losing team? Players are dropping like flies this season.

He is a UFA but not many times have cap space and he said he wants to retire a Raptor.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't think they gave him the Horford treatment unless i missed some shutdown statement. It's not that he was healthy lately as well and he is also 36 years old. They just taking it easier. I still don't get why you so upset really. Only explanation is it destroyed your fantasy team. Otherwise what's wrong with two rest days for a 36 year old on a losing team? Players are dropping like flies this season.

He is a UFA but not many times have cap space and he said he wants to retire a Raptor.

Lol has zero to do with fantasy i dont know every discussion on here that is mentioned. Im a massive Lowry fan he has given blood, sweat and tears to this city and made Raptors relevant again after years of mediocrity, He deserved to dictate his move and go for another playoff run. And what do you call 3 straight days of rest? Will keep happening until he is fully shutdown. He never said he would stay beyond this season all he said was that even if it takes a 1 day contract he will retire a Raptor 

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

When they were all healthy they actually played really well. They were basically just missing a capable center, as Boucher is matchup-dependent. Then they got covid and the record got worse, but they are still a competetive team if they choose ton play their players.

This late tank strategy is basically cover to hide the fact that the front office basically did nothing useful most of the season. It is really ironic considering Masai said that tanking is bad karma back in 2013.  

https://www.raptorscage.ca/the-raptors-are-not-tanking/  

Again, I don’t have a problem with tanking as an organizational strategy if you send your vets away. But to sit healthy young guys like Pascal and OG when there isn’t even a back to back is against the spirit of the game imo. 

Edited by Eltoro
41 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

When they were all healthy they actually played really well. They were basically just missing a capable center, as Boucher is matchup-dependent. Then they got covid and the record got worse, but they are still a competetive team if they choose ton play their players.

This late tank strategy is basically cover to hide the fact that the front office basically did nothing useful most of the season. It is really ironic considering Masai said that tanking is bad karma back in 2013.  

https://www.raptorscage.ca/the-raptors-are-not-tanking/  

Again, I don’t have a problem with tanking as an organizational strategy if you send your vets away. But to sit healthy young guys like Pascal and OG when there isn’t even a back to back is against the spirit of the game imo. 

This season is special. Schedule is too hard on the players and it's showing with many injuries. I m personally fine with them making sure they don't risk anything since they decided to tank. I cannot talk about spirit of the game this season with no fans and especially for the Raptors playing away from family and fans.

And it has hurt me as well coz i own VanVleet, OG and Lowry, but i cannot blame them really. Doesn't look nice, but there are worse things going on and after all these years i guess Raptors can get a pass.

Edited by RipCity0

I am struggling to understand the reasons why people on this forum think that Lowry should have been traded at the deadline and that Raptors made a mistake keeping him.  

Only explanation I have is that for fantasy purposes  shutdown would not happen if Lowry was traded.

In real life basketball, keeping Lowry was the right decision, not trading your franchise player for low ball offers  was the right move. 

What is best for franchise comes before  what is best for franchise players.

As UFA Lowry can sign with anyone. it's rumored that he wants 2y/$50 mil deal.  I am not salary cap expert but I do not think that any contender will have enough space.  

Most likely scenarios in my opinion are:  1 -  Lowry signs  2 year contract with Raptors with 2nd year being player option.   Then he can get traded next season, if he wants,  or  2 - sign and trade this offseason

Considering two scenarios above, giving Lowry  random rest days is the right thing to do.

Btw, with Birch Raptors finally have a capable center.  Playoffs are not out of reach

Edited by legoDude
  • Like 1