NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coby White 2020-2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, laurilegend said:

He was completely gassed last night.  This schedule is ridiculous and Chicago is literally down to one guy that can be the primary ballhandler and that's White.  White went to the bench in the 3rd for a much needed blow and Bucks immediately blitzed Lavine who turned it over twice in a row.  Is what it is.  This season is going to be an absolute drag in a lot of ways.  

That said, his shooting has been poor so far.

He’ll be a stud in no time. Patience 

• Like 1
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never care about fg% too much so I’m picking him whenever I can. Dude is going to ball this season.

I would rather draft sexton in later round if I want a scoring pg

Coby made 37.8% of his final 211 three-point attempts. Had he shot that well from beyond the arc all year, his FG% would have been 40.5% and he would have averaged 19.1 points and 3.1 threes per 36. H

Posted Images

Cool story bro moment - Just got him in a trade and i'm pretty happy. I think he's going to be great. Just needs some time to adjust to a new coach and new system. I think once he figures it out and gets fully comfortable he'll return to being the bucket getter that we saw late last year and preseason. The uptick in assists also makes him all the more appealing to me.

12 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Cool story bro moment - Just got him in a trade and i'm pretty happy. I think he's going to be great. Just needs some time to adjust to a new coach and new system. I think once he figures it out and gets fully comfortable he'll return to being the bucket getter that we saw late last year and preseason. The uptick in assists also makes him all the more appealing to me.

Nice. I agree. Looks like his counting stats are all here to stay, and we can expect some positive regression with steals and FG%. Still best reserved for punt FG/TO builds though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Is this man allergic to steals? Wtf lol. Moving in the right direction though. 

honestly when i watch him play he looks lost on defense at times. a step or two behind. 

14 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Is this man allergic to steals? Wtf lol. Moving in the right direction though. 

He has short arms relatively.  Never going to be a guy that gets many stocks.  He's also still learning how to fight through screens and is usually a step slow defensively as a poster noted upthread.  That said, he's only 20 and has some physical and mental maturing to do still.

Offensively I think he's playing pretty damn well given that he's been thrust into the primary PG role and basically told to sink or swim by Donovan.  So far he's swimming.  If he gets his shot going, lookout.  I can see some potential 30 points, 7 triple, 7 assist 5 board nights.  

He's good on the defensive glass: for a guard he seems to have good instincts for where the ball will come off to and how to position himself to start a semi transition.

6 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

21-10-5 with two triples, two turns, decent percents.  more of this please.

Only this week bc I’m playing against him this week 

2 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Only this week bc I’m playing against him this week 

he has a nose for rebounds.  it's something to watch.  I like how he sees where the ball is coming off and tries to start transition.

11 minutes ago, kobebryant24 said:

ABSOLUTE STUD! Breaking out before our very eyes! Where my Coby White owners at? 😂

If he can get that fg% at least in the 42% range he'll be a great value this season.

6 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

If he can get that fg% at least in the 42% range he'll be a great value this season.

In addition to moving the FG% into the low 40s, he also needs to steal the ball some. Running a point guard out there who is at .3 in steals is very limiting in the category.

2 hours ago, Amendola96 said:

Such a shame he's not getting steals.....

There’s going to be some positive regression here. 0.3 in 34 min or so is kinda ridiculous I’m sure it’ll balance out over the full season.