NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Coby White 2020-2021 Outlook

sharkpotato

54 minutes ago, Mike123456 said:

Who's close to dropping this guy? I feel like his spot could be better used as a streamer at this point . Sato is trying to take his job too. 

So I’m wondering if his value actually goes up if he’s playing 30-35 min off the bench. He’ll get to spend more time against the opposition’s bench and doesn’t have to share shots as much with Lavigne.

47 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

So I’m wondering if his value actually goes up if he’s playing 30-35 min off the bench. He’ll get to spend more time against the opposition’s bench and doesn’t have to share shots as much with Lavigne.

You sure you want him taking more shots and not having to share? I always felt fewer shots and more passing would increase his efficiency and not destroy fg%. That being said, he's not a true pg so maybe he would be more comfortable. 

Eh, the line isn't exactly scorching, but to be fair, Coby was questionable to return after that knee scare (and he might miss a game or something because of it), so at least that's something.  And Lavine basically hero-balled/ball hogged his way out of a close game.  Dude took nearly all of the possessions in the last 2 minutes and down by 2, going 0/4 and turning it over once while taking contested treys and driving into heavy traffic.  Watching it was more infuriating than watching a younger Westbrook, and I sorta felt bad for Coby not even touching the ball until the game was already over.   

I'm probably gonna hold, with the expectation that he's essentially a points, boards, assists and (streaky) treys guy, while killing your FG% and delivering next to nothing in stocks.  I'd honestly be happy with a Lonzo trade, but Lonzo's been playing better as of late and Donovan seems to be warming on Sato.  

16 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

To me this guy is a perfect Ben Gordon/Lou Will type. Give him the ball and let his shots take over. Not like the Bulls have a deep bench. 

lol, I think the biggest difference is that Coby doesn't really like going to the line or seeking to take fouls; he usually gets to the line only about once or twice at most during a game.  But yeah, I could definitely see him more as a fireplug off the bench 6th man who can carry the reserves.  I think the Bulls really need someone to facilitate and while Coby's getting better, that's not his game right now.  

Also, tonight's game was sweet.  Kid had the hot hand early and while that fall was sorta scary, at least he managed to shrug it off and continue his good night.  Played some pretty good defense on Wall too.  As for the boards, he's a pretty good rebounder so I'm not surprised.  That block though ... He's blocked more shots in the last three days than Drummond and Wiseman have in two weeks combined, lol.  :P

• Haha 1

He will eventually settle into a 6th man role when the Bulls acquire a good PG. In truth Sato is a better player and should probably be starting (how many teams are stashing a 6'7" pass-first 50/45/90 PG on their bench?!) but since this is a developmental year Coby is getting a chance to drive the car. I think his line when he transitions to a bench role won't be too different (17-5-4 or so) but I think he will become a bit more efficient at some point.

P.S. I miss his afro.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:16 AM, sleepysock said:

He will eventually settle into a 6th man role when the Bulls acquire a good PG. In truth Sato is a better player and should probably be starting (how many teams are stashing a 6'7" pass-first 50/45/90 PG on their bench?!) but since this is a developmental year Coby is getting a chance to drive the car. I think his line when he transitions to a bench role won't be too different (17-5-4 or so) but I think he will become a bit more efficient at some point.

P.S. I miss his afro.

Wow good call from a month ago!