Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coby White 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never care about fg% too much so I’m picking him whenever I can. Dude is going to ball this season.

I would rather draft sexton in later round if I want a scoring pg

Coby made 37.8% of his final 211 three-point attempts. Had he shot that well from beyond the arc all year, his FG% would have been 40.5% and he would have averaged 19.1 points and 3.1 threes per 36. H

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Chrizz said:

hes not a drop but definetly a bust for people who drafted him in the late middle rounds. 

How bust though? Who would you have drafted before him at ADP guessing 100ish. He seems fine and he’ll be back to producing big when it counts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

100ish? What type of bugs bunny league are you in where he wasn’t a 6th-7th round pick. With that said he’s one of the worst real life players still receiving starter minutes and as an owner I’m worried the bulls don’t see him and Carter as a part of their future and I can’t blame them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NatsFanEG said:

100ish? What type of bugs bunny league are you in where he wasn’t a 6th-7th round pick. With that said he’s one of the worst real life players still receiving starter minutes and as an owner I’m worried the bulls don’t see him and Carter as a part of their future and I can’t blame them.

Oh I drafted him in top 6th. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

in almost every league i am in, and I play in many, people targeted him in the late middle rounds around the 6th pick. it was always him or Sexton when the high scoring top tier pgs were already drafted. I own him in some leagues as well 🙈

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I dropped him. One of the reasons the Bulls made the lineup change was because of slow first quarter starts, and although they've dropped the last couple games, the change seems to be working.. Who knows, maybe he'll remodel himself to be a pure scorer off the bench, which I think probably fits his skill set best, but that seems like a headache waiting to happen seeing as how he was already inconsistent when he was starting and had 30+ minutes. Feels like the last 3 games are a good indicator of what to expect -- two duds followed by one decent game.

Maybe I'll be wrong and switching to a bench role will give him more offensive opportunity, but right now I'm trying to make the playoffs and need consistency. Regardless, good luck to those who hold him. He was a bust for me.

Edited by In Spades
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, NatsFanEG said:

100ish? What type of bugs bunny league are you in where he wasn’t a 6th-7th round pick. With that said he’s one of the worst real life players still receiving starter minutes and as an owner I’m worried the bulls don’t see him and Carter as a part of their future and I can’t blame them.

I think it's obvious that they don't see them as the future. Only possibly as rotational players. Only hope is they trade them for something at the deadline.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Donovan is a smart coach. He knows Coby’s lack of efficiency in first unit is hurting them. Playing 6th man role definitely fits him better. But then how he falls from one of the absolute starters with high usage to only 16 minutes is beyond miserable. Chicago is trying to push for playoff run for the first year Donovan coaches the team so he will do whatever is better for the team. Bulls still needs his firepower so just be patient and hold 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Donovan is a smart coach. He knows Coby’s lack of efficiency in first unit is hurting them. Playing 6th man role definitely fits him better. But then how he falls from one of the absolute starters with high usage to only 16 minutes is beyond miserable. Chicago is trying to push for playoff run for the first year Donovan coaches the team so he will do whatever is better for the team. Bulls still needs his firepower so just be patient and hold 

Coby had the most ideal situation in Chicago being the starting PG on a young team that needed offensive firepower (and ball distribution) to accompany Lavine and... he couldn't do that. The dude just doesn't seem to contribute to winning basketball currently, so unless there's some major shakeups at the trade deadline I don't see his situation getting better. If you're in a 14+ team league, then I guess hold him, but anything less I feel like you're better off using that spot to stream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, In Spades said:

Coby had the most ideal situation in Chicago being the starting PG on a young team that needed offensive firepower (and ball distribution) to accompany Lavine and... he couldn't do that. The dude just doesn't seem to contribute to winning basketball currently, so unless there's some major shakeups at the trade deadline I don't see his situation getting better. If you're in a 14+ team league, then I guess hold him, but anything less I feel like you're better off using that spot to stream.

I dropped bojan and picked Coby up. It’s like “pick your poison” situation. I have smart, Kemba and Lowry so Coby fits my punt FG team. 
Coby has every weapon to be Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson or jamal Crawford kinda guy, or even more but Coby gotta play smarter I guess to gain coach’s trust. Sato is undoubtedly a better fit in first unit to distribute ball. I still trust Coby in long term. Lavine can’t keep hot hands forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

i was in a discussion with the owner in my league who picked him up (after i dropped him) and he was saying surely they will be crazy not to focus on developing a first round pick and seeming to think he can average 15/5/5 which is hard to get off the wire. IMO in theory you'd think so but its the bulls and its quite clear by their actions this season (trading away youth & draft picks for 30yr old vuc, benching coby for sato, benching lauri for thad) that development is not a huge priority. So long as hes in a 20-25 min bench role itll be those 11/3/3 averages instead which is replaceable

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Zach out for several games now, they're gonna need Coby to pick up some of the offensive slack. Will he get back to his early season production? After what's been a largely disappointing season I sure hope so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Even given minutes he will disappoint. He just sucks in the Bulls offense because he doesn't have any playmaking abilities. 

Disagree. He averaged 6.2 assists in December, 5.5 in January and 4.5 in February. If given minutes he could flirt with triple doubles and the issue with the Bulls offense is the same issue that was lingering in Orlando its the selfishness of Vuc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...