NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2020-2021 Outlook

i think everyone is dead wrong here.. they traded for Norm at the deadline during the playoff hunt because he adds moral support from the bench and in the locker room...

• Haha 1
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me checking in on the Norman Powell thread.          

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powel

Just dropped Powell for Shake MIlton.  We'll see

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Powell is not a great defender, he's average at best. But yes he is better at both offense/defense than Trent Jr was for them. 

Watch a Raps game first. He becomes one of Portland's best immediately

3 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Immediate starter and 22 points in 36min. He will be fine in Portland 👌🏻

No Dame though and if CJ knew what passing was it would've been a lot more! Set franchise record for most points in a debut 

36 minutes ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

I am very tempted to sell high here, but I just love this dude so damn much. 

Brother i have considered this so many times after hes gone off i just cant i love Norm's game too much he never lets me down

Yeah I don't have him but I don't think I'd try to sell high.  He's gonna have the green light to do whatever he wants off the bench.  His 3P% is insane, he's going to continue to give you an insane amount of them.  And he probably closes out games where they can afford to go small ball, and should thrive with all the attention CJ and Dame get.

• Thanks 1

6 shot attempts and less than 30 minutes ? Oh boy. His upside makes him a tentative hold for now, but I'm not liking the shot distribution (18 for CJ and 21 for Dame).

Norm is arguably better than CJ. At the very least they are comparable. No way he should be getting 1/3 of CJ's shot attempts. Let's see how things shake out the next few weeks before playoffs. McDaniels and Gafford are sitting on the wire in my league and both look very appealing in light of this dud from  Norm...

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Norm is arguably better than CJ. 

mccollum twitter say what GIF by Twitter

He was in foul trouble in the 1st half, picked up 2 in the 1st quarter. He will play around 30 min for this team, but he will not average more shots than CJ or Dame. This is also without Nurk fully unleashed, so I don't see Norm averaging more than 10-12 shots a game when everyone is fully healthy. Good news was he was very aggressive getting to the hole, more FT attempts will definitely help. 

Edited by DezedandConfused

Norm will be 4th in shot attempts after Dame, CJ and Nurk. Anyone expecting Raps Norm numbers when everyone was out is in for disappointment 

• Like 1

I watched the game. He was aggressive initially, then foul trouble limited him in the first half.

3rd and 4th quarter was the Dame/CJ show while Norm sat in the corner.

Let's hope the coaching staff tries to get him going. They did give up quite a bit for him.

5 hours ago, fabrar said:

Norm will be 4th in shot attempts after Dame, CJ and Nurk. Anyone expecting Raps Norm numbers when everyone was out is in for disappointment 

Def not expecting Raps Norm numbers, but no chance Nurk gets more shot attempts than Norm. Can make a case for Melo, maybe even BobCov, but def not Nurk.

They brought Norm in to take shots n bomb 3s, maybe help on D. That's what we should expect. 

1 hour ago, gregp said:

Def not expecting Raps Norm numbers, but no chance Nurk gets more shot attempts than Norm. Can make a case for Melo, maybe even BobCov, but def not Nurk.

They brought Norm in to take shots n bomb 3s, maybe help on D. That's what we should expect. 

Lillard really likes to spoonfeed Nurkic shot attempts, dont be too surprised if Nurk does get more shot attempts in general. 

Portland was the WORST place for him to go. Team full of chuckers, zero play making and somehow Stotts thinks Melo should be taking the amount of shots he does ridiculous  

Yeah Portland was not the ideal landing spot for Norman. Dame and CJ take a lot of shots and trust me when I say that they want inflated stats by year end. Their best way of keeping Norman on a leash is passing to Nurk. Besides, Norman is the new kid on the team and they make sure he knows it.

Next game will be interesting. On the Raptors he got his points early and faded at the end of games. He got in big foul trouble in this one and was invisible in the 4th but 6 FGA's isn't ideal.... They're clearly committed to him though - I think he'll till put up a solid 18-20 PPG.

Edited by TeddieM
2 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Lookin like a drop in shallow leagues sigh, so frustrating he went to one of the worst trade destinations

Considering this as well unfortunately.. in a 10 team league 😞