M.ThomasG 19 3-8 2-5 0-0 0 3 3 1 0 0 1 0 -10 8

Yikes... 18 minutes of playing time... 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me checking in on the Norman Powell thread.          

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powel

you just pasted the entire box score of the game to show his minutes played? wtf?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Espoiral said:

I’m thinking of making the cut.

the thing is even though he may need time to get going the team isn’t giving him the opportunity.

he’s not the first man off the bench anymore. Thomas and Boucher went in before him.

That’s the most concerning part, he’s easily being phased out of the rotation with his low IQ plays.  At this point, I think the Raps are doing a soft rebuild and his only hope is a trade.

Got to get his confidence going, he’s got to get the rim and finish a couple, that usually gets him going," Raptors coach Nick Nurse said. "We need his points production, that’s kind of what he is. He’s our offensive sub off the bench and he’s kind of played that role pretty good for us in the past. He will. He’ll be fine."

If the coach isn’t worried then neither am I.

1 minute ago, Cozie said:

Got to get his confidence going, he’s got to get the rim and finish a couple, that usually gets him going," Raptors coach Nick Nurse said. "We need his points production, that’s kind of what he is. He’s our offensive sub off the bench and he’s kind of played that role pretty good for us in the past. He will. He’ll be fine."

If the coach isn’t worried then neither am I.

WOW! That's a boost of confidence I did not know I needed.

• Haha 2

I’m from the school that says, “your action speaks louder than your words.”  He ain’t giving Powell the chance to break outta his funk.  The first players off the bench were Boucher and Thomas.  

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Taipan said:

I’m from the school that says, “your action speaks louder than your words.”  He ain’t giving Powell the chance to break outta his funk.  The first players off the bench were Boucher and Thomas.  

his come will time just wait.

Gonna give him a few more games. Not like there's any other interesting options playing SG on the wire right now.. save for Dort.

Looking back at the start of last year's games where he took some time to warm up as well - he was the first guy off the bench.

So something must've changed. Coach talk is encouraging but I wanna see if he'll give him the opportunities.

Many drafted this dude in the last two rounds its okay to move on. He definitely has his upside as we've all seen that he can go on a streak and offer top 80 value. I decided to drop, but will monitor him closely when Nurse decides that losing two in a row will require different tactics. Siakim played most if not all of the game, I dont' think he can afford to keep playing his starters 35+ minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Amendola96 said:

Strong hold. His coach trust him, he's going to produce sooner than later. 

image.png.48174ee4d3c8badabce9dc9a9870ffdd.png

Strong hold is a bit strong. As Raptors fan I hope he bounces back to the last year level, but last year seems like an outlier

• Like 1
On 12/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, Monkeyking69 said:

Many drafted this dude in the last two rounds its okay to move on. He definitely has his upside as we've all seen that he can go on a streak and offer top 80 value. I decided to drop, but will monitor him closely when Nurse decides that losing two in a row will require different tactics. Siakim played most if not all of the game, I dont' think he can afford to keep playing his starters 35+ minutes. 

He was #65 last season according to BBM so his streakiness upside is top 50 for any individual month.

I already have my FAAB bids up, just waiting for the 2 days to pass before I get his 30pt game vs the Knicks.

21 minutes ago, Amendola96 said:

It's all about the minutes. 

exactly,  it's all about minutes.  As long as Lowry and FVV are healthy, 25+  minutes are not very likely. It doesn't help that Raptors bench is worse than last year, so Thomas and Davis will play  more this year.

And in 2 games this season, Thomas played much better than Powell

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

exactly,  it's all about minutes.  As long as Lowry and FVV are healthy, 25+  minutes are not very likely. It doesn't help that Raptors bench is worse than last year, so Thomas and Davis will play  more this year.

And in 2 games this season, Thomas played much better than Powell

So are we assuming that last year was a total fluke of a season for Norman? He played closely 30 mins per game with both Lowry and FVV healthy. He's being eased back slowly.... Just need to find the groove. There's not much scoring potential in the 2nd unit. 

Norman Powell's first 4 games just last year 2019..

24 MPG-     30% FG ,   0.75 3p,  5.75 PTS,  4.75 RBS,  1.75 ast, 2.5 TOS,  1stl, 0 blks

Its the annual Rotorworld Rookies PANIC CITY vents!    Perspective young grasshoppers.. 

• Thanks 1