NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2020-2021 Outlook

Stanley Johnson barely got any mins for the raptors last year. Are they still testing line ups? I think eventually he will carve out his role back to normal  but bad organization for letting guys like boucher who blew up last game only get 5 mins and powell who is who better shooter than stanley johnson get less mins.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me checking in on the Norman Powell thread.          

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powel

Just dropped Powell for Shake MIlton.  We'll see

Posted Images

depending on size of the league he is still a hold for me. You can tell the team is still playing with line ups. Matt thomas got barely any playing time tonight. This year they are definately using OG more though and his getting full mins. I remember last year they would run powell over OG since OG was more defense guy and not as much offense

5 hours ago, csklmf said:

Minute not there but shots not falling. This **** should turn around right? Still early in season. Playing Thomas and Johnson won’t help you win any games. Take note of it or you will get fired, nick nurse 

Fired?? Lmao 2 years removed from winning a championship. Hahaha

• Like 2

Strong hold, when he’s on fire 🔥 he wins you weeks , and Lowry or fanvleet getting used wayyyy to much. Also nurse could get fired if they continue too lose, he didn’t even play the best looking big they have in Boucher more than 5 mins....

49 minutes ago, Brye said:

Strong hold, when he’s on fire 🔥 he wins you weeks , and Lowry or fanvleet getting used wayyyy to much. Also nurse could get fired if they continue too lose, he didn’t even play the best looking big they have in Boucher more than 5 mins....

hahhhahaha how old are u, like 10 ? 
ajahahhaha Jesus

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Stefan said:

hahhhahaha how old are u, like 10 ? 
ajahahhaha Jesus

Nah , just stating facts bud.  He’s on a cold streak don’t expect that too continue .  Check his last 2 years fg% of 47% no way he continue to shoot under 40% from the field.  

with basically little to no preseason or training camp basically this year like previous Years , a lot of players are shaking off a lot rust.

dont worry tho I’ll frost your quote when it happens tho and we will see who has the “kid” mentality of thinking 🤔 

• Like 1

On this train, time to patiently wait till Nurse figures his rotation out.

From what i’ve seen, Raps got spoiled with Marc and it’s pretty obvious they need to stagger Lowry and FVV with the loss of a meaningful playmaker.

Regardless, Norms a finisher and one of their better ones. He’ll be fine, its not like they have a lot of options.

2 hours ago, Brye said:

Boucher sucks IRL my dude.

2 minutes ago, Brye said:

Yeah wish you were in my league , Boucher is actually very good player.  You’ll see later on as the season progresses 

He’s a good late round fantasy option this year, but I watch every single Raps game and I can tell you he’s trash IRL. Too slow to play forward and too weak to play centre. Nurse doesn’t play him big minutes for a reason, and it ain’t because Nick’s a bad coach.

3 hours ago, Brye said:

Nick Nurse ain't going nowhere, quit talking nonsense. Players can regress or vise versa; not to say Powell won't pick it up but I dropped him for D. Brooks and not looking back.

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Nick Nurse ain't going nowhere, quit talking nonsense. Players can regress or vise versa; not to say Powell won't pick it up but I dropped him for D. Brooks and not looking back.

You’ll be looking back after d Brooks 2-12 lines .... Just saying he’s a fg% killer 

9 minutes ago, Brye said:

You’ll be looking back after d Brooks 2-12 lines .... Just saying he’s a fg% killer 

Yes, he is so terrible with 19.7 pts 2.0 3ptm 4.0 reb 4.0 ast 2.3 stl and 100% ftm... yet you worry about. 429 fg%, all while Norman is shooting .174% fg LOL... give your head a shake.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Brye said:

Nah , just stating facts bud.  He’s on a cold streak don’t expect that too continue .  Check his last 2 years fg% of 47% no way he continue to shoot under 40% from the field.  

with basically little to no preseason or training camp basically this year like previous Years , a lot of players are shaking off a lot rust.

dont worry tho I’ll frost your quote when it happens tho and we will see who has the “kid” mentality of thinking 🤔 

THIS

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Also nurse could get fired if they continue too lose, he didn’t even play the best looking big they have in Boucher more than 5 mins....

Nurse absolutely COULD NOT GET FIRED... even if Raptors don't make it to playoffs

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Fired over Powell struggling and playing Boucher situationally?

For 0-3 opening obviously. You can't figure it out?

This is a thread about Powell. Who gives a **** about Boucher?

spacer.png

Edited by csklmf
10 minutes ago, csklmf said:

For 0-3 opening obviously. You can't figure it out?

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powell shooting 17% somehow being correlated to Nurse’s coaching acumen. Sorry, completely my mistake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powell shooting 17% somehow being correlated to Nurse’s coaching acumen. Sorry, completely my mistake.

Ty Lue also got fired 2 years after he led the team to championship. It honestly does not mean anything. 

My original statement was playing Thomas and Johnson more minutes is not making the team win games. I never blamed Powell's poor performance on Nurse. 

The only two coaches right now that won't get fired no matter what are Pop and Rick Carlisle imo. Any coach can get fired if team does not do well. Raptors upcoming schedule is not very tough so I think he's fine. I stand by my point regardless of whether you like it or not. 

Oh Top 3? Okay....😌😌😌

Edited by csklmf
6 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Ty Lue also got fired 2 years after he led the team to championship. It honestly does not mean anything. 

My original statement was playing Thomas and Johnson more minutes is not making the team win games. I never blamed Powell's poor performance on Nurse. 

The only two coaches right now that won't get fired no matter what are Pop and Rick Carlisle imo. Any coach can get fired if team does not do well. Raptors upcoming schedule is not very tough so I think he's fine. I stand by my point regardless of whether you like it or not. 

Oh Top 3? Okay....😌😌😌

TY didn't lead Cleveland to Championship, ma man. It was only, and only LeBron James. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Stefan said:

TY didn't lead Cleveland to Championship, ma man. It was only, and only LeBron James. 

agreed ty lou got the job because of lebron and kept the job because lebron would listen to him. Once lebron left cleveland said fuk tyron lou.

• Haha 1

Nurse is not going to be fired this season.  Thinking this is anywhere in the realm of possibility is totally ridiculous.  Claiming it could happen because he's not giving Powell more PT when he's looked this bad will only serve to discredit you. 

I can't tell if Powell will eventually be able to achieve his 2019-20 #'s again but I feel like there are going to be enough opportunities to backfill his roster spot over the course of the season, so I'm not going to fault anyone for dropping him.  I actually drafted this guy in 6 leagues (whoops) but I have no qualms about moving on for someone that is producing right now if I've already got 11 strong holds and enough wing depth on my roster (13 man rosters).  There is only so much upside as their 6th man -- someone else can deal with the headache.  

• Like 1