NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me checking in on the Norman Powell thread.          

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powel

Just dropped Powell for Shake MIlton.  We'll see

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Cozie said:

I know he’s most likely the last person on many benches but are we cutting bait yet?

I'm planning on dropping him in my 14-teamer, I think he'll turn it around to some degree eventually but there are some decent waiver wire options out there and I'm losing my confidence in him becoming reliable this season

I wonder if he benefited from playing with a willing passer in Gasol.  Watching the game tonight, he was an afterthought on offense as FVV and Siakam jacked up shots.  Unless Nurse does something drastic, I don’t see him turning it around.  He’s a drop IMO.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

I wonder if he benefited from playing with a willing passer in Gasol.  Watching the game tonight, he was an afterthought on offense as FVV and Siakam jacked up shots.  Unless Nurse does something drastic, I don’t see him turning it around.  He’s a drop IMO.

yeah, unfortunately he is. He was a real good pickup last year but for this season he just sucks

5 hours ago, Taipan said:

These were my thoughts as well. M Gasol and S Ibaka can stretch out the defense with their shooting. And they are more than capable passers as well. Norman Powell's game is outside shooting and dribble penetration. I feel that the paint is a little packed and that off the ball movement has become less because it gets stuck to playmakers such as Lowry and FVV.

11 minutes ago, Brye said:

Is he a drop for Eric Gordon or quickley right now? I’m trying to be patient but dam 

Just dropped him in my 16-teamer.. needed a streamspot for the week and I couldnt justify holding on. Might come back to haunt me tho. 

On 12/31/2020 at 10:02 PM, Brye said:

Oh I’m punt assists for me he’s a top 60 player so nah not mad at all , he’s gives me above average %’s , steals, 3’s, to’s and blocks for a Sg so I’m happy.  I’m 8-1 so far and got almost all 8 cats locked up for the week, and yes I have a ww spot on my bench for pure streaming.  Powell is gold to my team

I still like my Dillon Brooks 😃 ... I hope you are enjoying his "production."

24 minutes ago, crocp said:

Can someone please tell me why I am still holding him in a 14 teamer? LOL.

I know, I know, It’s okay to let go 😥 we’re here for you.

No minutes, Nurse talking him down, Useless if he doesn’t score (getting blocked a lot, implies both poor spacing and lack of awareness)

= dropped him in a 16 man

Will keep an eye on him though, TOR looks like they’re going to have to shake things up very soon.

7 hours ago, crocp said:

Can someone please tell me why I am still holding him in a 14 teamer? LOL.

probably because you spent too high a draft pick ($) on him like i did! I just can't throw him back into the ocean yet...ugghh

• Like 1