NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2020-2021 Outlook

52 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

He seems to fill it up just fine in the starting lineup. It’s odd that when he comes off the bench, his minutes are much lower and his confidence really drops. 

They need to run with Boucher/Siakam/OG/Powell/FVV as starters. They got incredible chemistry from years running together at Rico Hines runs. Trade Lowry while he still has value.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me checking in on the Norman Powell thread.          

Oh. Ok. A top 3 coach in the league who won the championship two years ago and lost a hard fought 2nd round series last year is on the hot seat after 3 games. Makes sense, about as much sense as Powel

Just dropped Powell for Shake MIlton.  We'll see

Posted Images

Glad i held. Should’ve played him over Oubre tonight but oh well. Hope this helps his confidence and his coach’s trust in him that he can still produce at a high level. 
Now let’s start stacking that production.

1 hour ago, AndreSplash said:

He seems to fill it up just fine in the starting lineup. It’s odd that when he comes off the bench, his minutes are much lower and his confidence really drops. 

So, does he go back to suckitude when Lowry’s back in the lineup?  

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

Drafted him, dropped him, now streaming him. 

Brace yourself, boys ....

aaannddd his 3 TO's caused me to to tie that cat, resulting in a draw

aayyyyyyyyyyyy

9 hours ago, Quazza said:

aaannddd his 3 TO's caused me to to tie that cat, resulting in a draw

aayyyyyyyyyyyy

You have a terrible track record pumping up players  

I've had my eye on you mister . All your streams been blowing it 😛

Edited by RunCMC
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

You have a terrible track record pumping up players  

I've had my eye on you mister . All your streams been blowing it 😛

Haha have had some winners too. It's just my self depreciating sense of humour posts the negative ;)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Tomy said:

What to do with him ? Just give points...

Yeah he’s super inconsistent and underwhelming - seems more of a streaming option this year 

42 minutes ago, bkw77 said:

Yeah he’s super inconsistent and underwhelming - seems more of a streaming option this year 

Yes but even when he is good, he just gives points... so few assists steals rebonds...

3 hours ago, Tomy said:

Yes but even when he is good, he just gives points... so few assists steals rebonds...

Look at his stats last season.  He was a + contributor in FG%, FT%, 3PM, steals, TO and points.  Guys that chip in a couple 3’s and a good ammount of steals and points without hurting you anywhere have value.  He just hasn’t been the same player this season. 

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Look at his stats last season.  He was a + contributor in FG%, FT%, 3PM, steals, TO and points.  Guys that chip in a couple 3’s and a good ammount of steals and points without hurting you anywhere have value.  He just hasn’t been the same player this season. 

I play with %3s and no number... so not a good point for me. Player with good % and only points, you find on FA. 
steals 1 per match is not huge for me

3 hours ago, 80version said:

Yeah he was awesome last year. His game fell off a cliff this season

I drafted and dropped awhile back

Strange because the Raptors sorta trimmed their roster. I would think Norman the Corman would do great

So far hasn't really translated outside of these recent good games 

1 minute ago, jordan62345 said:

3 of the last 4 games were good. Is he back?

I would say he’s more of just “there” than back. He’s struggling to string together some consistency but he’s definitely better now than he has been.