NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

Was a beast last season adding a 3 to his game.

Age 35 season - will the Spurs shutdown finally happen? Will he get traded? Will he get rested throughout the season.

He looks like such tempting value in the 4th/5th rounds and a lock to beat his ADP.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone contact Yahoo to give this man SG eligibility.

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Something tells me his age concerns aren't going to be a factor this season as the Spurs challenge for a playoff spot and he buys into shooting 3s.. this would only help to extend his longevity in this league a la Brook Lopez etc. 

If he can put up BroLo-esque stats with slightly lesser blocks and more scoring/rebounds, that's fantasy gold and top-30 once again this year. Easy 4th/5th round pick.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Something tells me his age concerns aren't going to be a factor this season as the Spurs challenge for a playoff spot and he buys into shooting 3s.. this would only help to extend his longevity in this league a la Brook Lopez etc. 

If he can put up BroLo-esque stats with slightly lesser blocks and more scoring/rebounds, that's fantasy gold and top-30 once again this year. Easy 4th/5th round pick.

Agreed. I think he has another high-level season in him. He's shown no signs of falling off and has a long history of being a premier big man. Grabbed him in the 5th round in one of my drafts, looking forward to see what he does

• Like 1

Yeah feeling like this might be my one regret of my 14 team draft last week.  Not sure how much I like the expanded three point shooting.  It's going to kill his FG% and rebounding.  And if the team ends up being horrible who knows how he's looking later in the season.  Just meh all around.

10 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yeah feeling like this might be my one regret of my 14 team draft last week.  Not sure how much I like the expanded three point shooting.  It's going to kill his FG% and rebounding.  And if the team ends up being horrible who knows how he's looking later in the season.  Just meh all around.

Check his three point shooting last December and January, and you will feel better about it.

It’s preseason. Dude hasn’t played since March. I am not worried. He will be fine.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Don’t worry my man the threes will fall and he’s still blocking shots at a high clip. He’s on a expiring deal and Spurs will embrace the youth movement and deal him. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Don’t worry my man the threes will fall and he’s still blocking shots at a high clip. He’s on a expiring deal and Spurs will embrace the youth movement and deal him. 

Now you've got me intrigued reading about trade possibilities.  I do have to say that I'm more of fantasy football guy and trades damn near never work out same season, but basketball seems to be a completely different beast in that regard.  Basketball is still basketball most anywhere you go and you aren't relying on ten other moving parts and learning an extremely complex playbook (in comparison to a basketball playbook, or so I'd assume).

Edited by CharlesCC2
On 12/13/2020 at 5:16 AM, fabrar said:

Agreed. I think he has another high-level season in him. He's shown no signs of falling off and has a long history of being a premier big man. Grabbed him in the 5th round in one of my drafts, looking forward to see what he does

Had him in the 6th, no-one was touching him. I feel like he could still provide good value at that spot.

1 hour ago, Basketboss21 said:

Had him in the 6th, no-one was touching him. I feel like he could still provide good value at that spot.

He might be the biggest steal of the draft :) There must be something that I don't know. The guy was top 30 player for years, what happened that made everyone so skeptical? How much does he have do regress to not be worth a pick after 3rd round? 

2 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

He might be the biggest steal of the draft :) There must be something that I don't know. The guy was top 30 player for years, what happened that made everyone so skeptical? How much does he have do regress to not be worth a pick after 3rd round? 

Being 35 and coming off shoulder surgery scared folks. I took him too and he’ll be fine. The best player in pre season, THT probably won’t even be a rotation player so these games mean nothing 

If you play in leagues that only care about per game averages then draft with confidence. 

But if it's about beating your opponents output weekly, he's gonna be a headache. His game is awesome, had him last year, but this year I said I wouldn't even consider until 6th and he was gone long before I needed to make a decision. 

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If you play in leagues that only care about per game averages then draft with confidence. 

But if it's about beating your opponents output weekly, he's gonna be a headache. His game is awesome, had him last year, but this year I said I wouldn't even consider until 6th and he was gone long before I needed to make a decision. 

Then out of curiosity, how many players are there that you are avoiding because they might miss some games? Sure it would be perfect to draft him in 6th, but how realistic is that in semi-serious league? Lowry and Paul are in similar situations and all of the analysts are super high on them. Makes 0 sense to me. By that logic people shouldn't draft Kawhi, Durant, Irving, Curry before 3rd round.

Sure don't draft Aldridge in 3rd, if you wanna play it safe, I could also accept waiting until 5th, but until 6th is just ridiculous. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Then out of curiosity, how many players are there that you are avoiding because they might miss some games? Sure it would be perfect to draft him in 6th, but how realistic is that in semi-serious league? Lowry and Paul are in similar situations and all of the analysts are super high on them. Makes 0 sense to me. By that logic people shouldn't draft Kawhi, Durant, Irving, Curry before 3rd round.

Sure don't draft Aldridge in 3rd, if you wanna play it safe, I could also accept waiting until 5th, but until 6th is just ridiculous. 

If you think LMA = Kawhi, well... Good luck.

I drafted him in the 4th last year and regretted it, I had to overcome his rest days, his ghost games, and his vanishing down the stretch when I needed him the most.  This team looks to have a similar or potentially worse record and this guy is a year older coming off a shoulder surgery.  But you've already made up your mind, so ultimately, do you, I won't lose any sleep when your venting in this thread in 4 months.

And you're not curious, so I'm not gonna answer your question.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 2

I did not expect to see a troll with over 5000 posts. Kawhi and Aldridge is as fair a comparison as one can make it. 
Aldridge is a top 30 player, there is a chance that he will miss games, so you shouldn't even consider him before the 72nd pick. 
Kawhi is a top 6-7 player who will miss at least 12 games, and with your logic, we should not draft him before pick 30. 

Sure there is a chance that Aldridge will get hurt and that he will miss games, that's why you should draft him round or two after, and if you draft him in the 4th or 5th round you should be delighted. You are getting him for a discount. It's a calculated risk. 

You aren't gonna answer my question because you came here just to troll. There are a lot of players this year with an increased risk of injury, surely you cannot give every player 40 spots, just so you can avoid a headache.

• tonycpsu changed the title to LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook