NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

2 minutes ago, gregp said:

You can tell he doesnt do well against teams with imposing big men.

His only two solid games recently came against OKC and a kat-less MIN, which were prob easier matchups for him. If he has a matchup with a weaker front-court, which wont happen often, then he may have a good game. But seems like most nights will be a struggle 😕

His best game was against Lakers and Gasol which is shocking. Also torched the human pylon Kanter but otherwise been very ugly

• Like 1
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone contact Yahoo to give this man SG eligibility.

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

His best game was against Lakers and Gasol which is shocking. Also torched the human pylon Kanter but otherwise been very ugly

True, but he didn't rebound well against either of them. And it's not like gasol  and kanter are that good

5 minutes ago, gregp said:

True, but he didn't rebound well against either of them. And it's not like gasol  and kanter are that good

Lol go look at what Gasol has done to Embiid and I said Kanter is a pylon meaning he is garbage defensively 

40 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol go look at what Gasol has done to Embiid and I said Kanter is a pylon meaning he is garbage defensively 

Lol what? Like, last season?? Have you watched a Lakers game recently?

I'm sure Embiid is going to destroy Gasol when they play next week. No match. Gasol is really nothing more than a large, veteran presence that will fall into a few blocks here n there. Aldridge scoring 20+ on him isnt that impressive.

TBH, Aldridge and Gasol are pretty similar at this late stage of their careers: Slow. Not much post presence. Disappointing fg% and reb for big men. Couple 3s and some blocks. And solid ft%. Only real diff is Aldridge can get the occasional 20pt game.

And yes, kanter is subpar defensively, but it's still not a surprise that Aldridge struggled on the boards against him.

Just saying, from what I've seen this season, we really shouldn't expect much from LMA ros, unless hes playing a weaker frontcourt.

6 minutes ago, fabrar said:

So dude is just gonna alternate one good game and one bad game huh

I don't think its matchup dependent too. LMA is having one weird season.

edit: this season is weird, but I hope you know what I mean.

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Like 1

Im watching the game and the scoring was helped by maybe because Murray was out injured early in the 1Q, 1 less mouth to feed. He hits a couple of 3s early that got him going. Spurs doesn't go to him anymore in the block and the few times they did, he was actually able to score. In the pick and pop plays, more often than not the guards go for their shots. They don't pass to him as much. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Im watching the game and the scoring was helped by maybe because Murray was out injured early in the 1Q, 1 less mouth to feed. He hits a couple of 3s early that got him going. Spurs doesn't go to him anymore in the block and the few times they did, he was actually able to score. In the pick and pop plays, more often than not the guards go for their shots. They don't pass to him as much. 

I guess it depends on how teams are covering it, because they've hit him on them a lot in some of the games I've watched, but judging by the box scores of other games he's not getting those looks.

3 minutes ago, RedMamba said:

Here we go again... 

yeah honestly this dude just needs to retire, he ain't cut out for the speed of the game anymore. rip. I want to drop him but it's hard to believe someone that was top 30 last year fell off a cliff like this.