NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

As opposed to flat out dropping the guy, I recommend trying to trade him for another underachieving player that you believe can salvage value this season.  Perhaps an Oubre, or Bertans owner would be willing to take a chance on LMA as opposed to their underwhelming PF pick. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a sad ending, enjoy retirement big dog 🙏

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I dropped his a**. Sure, the numbers are okay at best but there are players on the wire providing similar value, with more consistency. 

Who did you drop him for?

13 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Bout time somebody finally dropped him. Seems like people were reluctant drop him and Blake Griffin for some odd reason. Their time is up and the youth movement is upon us. Good to see those names floating on the wire now.

Aldridge is a trade/buyout candidate whereas Blake has zero value 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 80version said:

As opposed to flat out dropping the guy, I recommend trying to trade him for another underachieving player that you believe can salvage value this season.  Perhaps an Oubre, or Bertans owner would be willing to take a chance on LMA as opposed to their underwhelming PF pick. 

Ask yourself in any competitive league, who is trading for Aldridge? A 35 year old PF, who is clearly getting phased out of the system.

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Trust me, I've tried. Floated offers for a bunch of slumping players and no one is really interested at this point. 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Who did you drop him for?

I picked up Josh Richardson after his performance last night. If he stays consistent, I'll hold, otherwise I'll use that as a streamer spot. LMA was honestly the worst player on my squad at this point. 

FWIW, weeks back, I dealt Conley and LMA for JVS. I had no trust in LMA at all... and he was the throw-in for that deal to just get it done quicker.

I do not see him doing much ROS. The youth movement has arrived in San Antonio... if he's dealt or bought out, he's gonna land as a depth piece somewhere to a title contender... His value is shot,

35 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Ask yourself in any competitive league, who is trading for Aldridge? A 35 year old PF, who is clearly getting phased out of the system.

Even more so, who would give up Oubre? I mean, i know the guy has struggled...but it would take one hard sell on LMA to get Oubre in return. Bertans is a mess of his own, but he actually has a relatively safe path to salvation before the season ends

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, nlm said:

Even more so, who would give up Oubre? I mean, i know the guy has struggled...but it would take one hard sell on LMA to get Oubre in return. Bertans is a mess of his own, but he actually has a relatively safe path to salvation before the season ends

People’s perception of player values shift and rarely ever do they perfectly align between managers.  I was skeptical someone would take LMA off my hands in a standard $100 league but an Oubre owner accepted a deal straight up within 15 minutes of offering.  This was about a week ago and Oubre’s warmed up a bit since.  I’m not saying you can definitely do the same but I wouldn’t waive LMA in a competitive standard league.  He’s ranked 105th over the past two weeks (89th if punting assists).  His situation isn’t hopeless and the guy still has some value, even if it’s mostly in the name.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 80version said:

People’s perception of player values shift and rarely ever do they perfectly align between managers.  I was skeptical someone would take LMA off my hands in a standard $100 league but an Oubre owner accepted a deal straight up within 15 minutes of offering.  This was about a week ago and Oubre’s warmed up a bit since.  I’m not saying you can definitely do the same but I wouldn’t waive LMA in a competitive standard league.  He’s ranked 105th over the past two weeks (89th if punting assists).  His situation isn’t hopeless and the guy still has some value, even if it’s mostly in the name.  

Well, I'll add on with this much.... in the league in which I dealt him as a throw-in/add-on, that GM was able to then flip him. Again, as a throw-in. But he's been traded twice in my competitive league.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Trust me, I've tried. Floated offers for a bunch of slumping players and no one is really interested at this point. 

I picked up Josh Richardson after his performance last night. If he stays consistent, I'll hold, otherwise I'll use that as a streamer spot. LMA was honestly the worst player on my squad at this point. 

J-Rich is on my wire too im getting tempted to drop but something keeps holding me back

57 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

J-Rich is on my wire too im getting tempted to drop but something keeps holding me back

I mean the only thing is if he gets traded to a team like Miami or hornets, he can still put up good numbers if he's getting 30+ mins a night. Otherwise, if he stays on SAS might as well drop for jrich, at least he'll help you win 3's every week and steals

15 minutes ago, halbounih said:

I mean the only thing is if he gets traded to a team like Miami or hornets, he can still put up good numbers if he's getting 30+ mins a night. Otherwise, if he stays on SAS might as well drop for jrich, at least he'll help you win 3's every week and steals

Im in a shallow league and ive held hoping for a turn around but its not coming on Spurs. But like you said I think he gets traded or bought out and gets a better role elsewhere. I see people trashing him for his weak defending but dude only played 18 min and Spurs got run out of their own building 

• Like 1

He has shown this year that he still has gas left in the tank.. Pop and the Spurs have decided to go completely away from him and commit to small ball.. will that change ?  who knows.. but he can still play.   If he gets traded to a better situation i can see LMA being top 60 or so value ... with top 50 upside again. but the situation has to be just right..  For example the Warriors.. read a rumor type article on a trade involving LMA and Oubre.. if LMA landed on the Ws he would instantly be a top 50 play.. its a roll of the dice right now!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

He has shown this year that he still has gas left in the tank.. Pop and the Spurs have decided to go completely away from him and commit to small ball.. will that change ?  who knows.. but he can still play.   If he gets traded to a better situation i can see LMA being top 60 or so value ... with top 50 upside again. but the situation has to be just right..  For example the Warriors.. read a rumor type article on a trade involving LMA and Oubre.. if LMA landed on the Ws he would instantly be a top 50 play.. its a roll of the dice right now!

If he stays on the Spurs what value do you think he will retain? Top 100?

25 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

If he stays on the Spurs what value do you think he will retain? Top 100?

tough to tell.. i just can't imagine LMAs career ending like this.. he still has gas left in the tank and Pop just goes away from him altogether??   Maybe he trades LMA so he can finish his career with a pivotal role on a contending team?  Maybe  they realize they can win more games by involving LMA more? Not sure to be honest.. tricky situation for sure,

• Like 1

ROS I think he has ups and downs based on minutes mostly and will finish top 100, which really isn't bad.

He's still a guy with good %s, low TOs, some blocks and out of position 3s.  I'd bet his rebs creep up some too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lmao glad I dropped. We're probably gonna see more and more of this. 

even at low stats he is very helpful with my team for positional needs at C. what a bummer without him for my crucial matchup vs top 2 this week. it's top 1 vs top 2.

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

You could get about 5 points a game if LaMarcus was the opposing center.

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

That's cool that you dropped him man, but no need to laugh your a** off at someone getting hurt.  Guys are getting hurt left and right all over the league.  It kinda sounds like you're here to make yourself feel good about dropping him, doesn't really help.

9 minutes ago, fabrar said:

most likely why he only played 18 minutes as well..  he was on his way to a solid line too..