• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a sad ending, enjoy retirement big dog 🙏

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

I wonder if it'd be much better for his fantasy value if he comes off the bench. Doesn't have to worry too much about playing defence and can just feast on 2nd units. Solid line in 20ish minutes today.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

25 mins off the bench should be good for 14pts / 6 rebs,  2 assists, 2 3's , 1blk, 47fg% and 82ft%.

Yeah while those are definitely not what I wanted out of my 5th round pick, at this rate, I'll take it. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, fabrar said:

I wonder if it'd be much better for his fantasy value if he comes off the bench. Doesn't have to worry too much about playing defence and can just feast on 2nd units. Solid line in 20ish minutes today.

I am not contradicting or making noise but would you explain how a player coming off the bench doesn't have to worry too much about playing defense? I see the logic of a good offensive player feasting on the opponent's second unit.

28 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

I am not contradicting or making noise but would you explain how a player coming off the bench doesn't have to worry too much about playing defense? I see the logic of a good offensive player feasting on the opponent's second unit.

Cause you're playing against the opposition's scrubs.

• Let's say they're playing against the 76ers.
  • Option 1 - If LMA is starting, he's playing 30-32 min defending Embiid. 
  • Option 2 - If LMA is playing off the bench, he's playing 16-18 min defending Dwight Howard, and 8-10 min defending Embiid.
  • It'll be a lot easier to do Option 2. It'll will require lesser effort cause Howard is just not as quick and good as Embiid, and actually allow him to put in more effort on the offensive end and do more.

As a player begins to age/decline or has certain flaws in their game, a move to the bench can actually do wonders for their fantasy value. Lou Will, Lamar Odom, Eric Gordon are excellent examples of this. All of these guys have won 6th Man of the Year by taking on that type of role. And I really hope Pop does that with LMA, cause that could realistically add on another 2-3 productive years to his career.

Edited by Apollo_87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
33 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Cause you're playing against the opposition's scrubs.

• Let's say they're playing against the 76ers.
  • Option 1 - If LMA is starting, he's playing 30-32 min defending Embiid. 
  • Option 2 - If LMA is playing off the bench, he's playing 16-18 min defending Dwight Howard, and 8-10 min defending Embiid.
  • It'll be a lot easier to do Option 2. It'll will require lesser effort cause Howard is just not as quick and good as Embiid, and actually allow him to put in more effort on the offensive end and do more.

As a player begins to age/decline or has certain flaws in their game, a move to the bench can actually do wonders for their fantasy value. Lou Will, Lamar Odom, Eric Gordon are excellent examples of this. All of these guys have won 6th Man of the Year by taking on that type of role. And I really hope Pop does that with LMA, cause that could realistically add on another 2-3 productive years to his career.

Thanks for clarification. I had the same thoughts. Just took the "don't worry about having to play too much about playing defense" a bit too literal 

50 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This guy lol. Finally back and questionable tomorrow smh

i shouldnt have activated this guy back up if werent for my lineup injuries.

Edited by ahtech
  • Like 1

Yeah. Pack it in. It’s over. Stick a fork in him. He is done.

I don’t think he is going to get traded, and he isn’t going to start again (unless Poeltl get hurt) and he knows it. This is what he said after the OKC game:

“It wasn’t perfect tonight, and I don’t think it’s going to be perfect for a while,” Aldridge said. “It’s going to take some time for me to figure it out.”

2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah. Pack it in. It’s over. Stick a fork in him. He is done.

I don’t think he is going to get traded, and he isn’t going to start again (unless Poeltl get hurt) and he knows it. This is what he said after the OKC game:

“It wasn’t perfect tonight, and I don’t think it’s going to be perfect for a while,” Aldridge said. “It’s going to take some time for me to figure it out.”

Link to the article in case anyone wants to see:

https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-lamarcus-aldridge-has-blunt-take-on-his-demotion-to-bench-role/