NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

Didn't think LMA time would be running out in 2021 but here we are. Trade would help his value but not sure if it will even happen. Spurs is locked into the youth movement. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a sad ending, enjoy retirement big dog 🙏

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

LOL diarrhea is a reason to sit out now? Damn this year we have seen it all! Not since Sammy Sosa hurting his back on a sneeze have i witnessed such stupidity but here we are

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

LOL diarrhea is a reason to sit out now? Damn this year we have seen it all! Not since Sammy Sosa hurting his back on a sneeze have i witnessed such stupidity but here we are

Well you can't play if you are shatting your pants. Obviously this is all "bullshit" though 5 hours before the actual game.

18 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Well you can't play if you are shatting your pants. Obviously this is all "bullshit" though 5 hours before the actual game.

LOL common bruh i'm sure they sell pepto bismol in San Antonio 

49 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Can't believe I'm about to drop this man in a 14 teamer.  How did we get from people swearing he's better than Christian Wood to this.

Yeah, I am in the same situation. I think I never saw a player drop off statistically that rapidly and significantly (without a major injury). Easily my worst pick in my 5 years of fantasy basketball.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Can't believe I'm about to drop this man in a 14 teamer.  How did we get from people swearing he's better than Christian Wood to this.

TFW I picked him instead of Wood LOL 

At least I was able to snag poeltl to make up for some of it 

Lamarcus Aldridge has always been a mediocre fantasy player to me. Just the fact he’s a big that doesn’t get that many rebounds or blocks. I mean I saw his decline from a mile away. Once his scoring output decreased , what do we have ? A very mediocre fantasy player.

8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

TFW I picked him instead of Wood LOL 

At least I was able to snag poeltl to make up for some of it 

I don’t understand this though. Always draft upside over aging stars when they’re almost equally valued in the draft.

2 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

I don’t understand this though. Always draft upside over aging stars when they’re almost equally valued in the draft.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

I don’t think anyone expected Wood to be as good as he was, when healthy this season.

That being said .... I was actively trying to draft him everywhere. But he got sniped every. single. time. 

In short I agree with you.

Wood >>>> LMA . Alll day everyday

The writing was all over the wall even in pre-season.

But definitley not as evident as it is today.

Aldridge is basically a drop candidate now.

His only saving grace .... a limited bench role, maybe.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

I don’t think anyone expected Wood to be as good as he was, when healthy this season.

That being said .... I was actively trying to draft him everywhere. But he got sniped every. single. time. 

In short I agree with you.

Wood >>>> LMA . Alll day everyday

The writing was all over the wall even in pre-season.

But definitley not as evident as it is today.

Aldridge is basically a drop candidate now.

His only saving grace .... a limited bench role, maybe.

I think his role reduces to the teens once everyone is back. He's just not good anymore. Alot of older dudes been solid except this one unfortunately

• Like 3
3 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

Or you know you draft proven guys who have been solid for years that's an idea too 

4 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

I didn’t draft Lamarcus but this is some Monday morning quarterbacking. “Upside” has many elements underneath it- age, minutes in play, etc. Tons of players on the bench right now has the “upside” but don’t have the minutes to put up. You got another example of your draft where you took upside over veteran?

I've had Aldridge the last few years and have enjoyed his under-rated production.

However, I put him on my DND list this year when I read him and Pop say he'd be shooting more threes this year (this happened during preseason).

The primary reasons to draft him were his FG%, FT%, boards, and blocks...and moving out to the perimeter would make a pretty big dent in almost all of those things.

And that's exactly how it has played out.  His threes are up, FG%, boards, and blocks are down.

So it's partially father time, but partially his change in play style as well, which was made public prior to the season starting and most fantasy drafts.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Clearly this is good for Poetl but do we think Lyles is an alright short term streamer given this Aldridge news as well? 

Spurs said recently due to the crazy second half schedule they will give everyone minutes. Expect a huge bump for Poetl, Keldon and White 

1 hour ago, IT2 said:

Bit conflicted what to do with him - can we realistically see an ideal landing spot for him?

Well, do you want to wait it out and see?