Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a sad ending, enjoy retirement big dog 🙏

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

NBA getting more competitive daily 🔥

Finals have been mostly garbage ever since Lebron made the Heatles. Superteam era blows.

• Like 1

Oh well, he’s cut bait now.  There will be a two week “ramp up” a la Griffin and he will get at most 20 min once he suits up....was hoping for Miami....

Just now, Eltoro said:

Finals have been mostly garbage ever since Lebron made the Heatles. Superteam era blows.

NBA has always been about superteams though lol. Celtics did it before LeBron with KG, Allen, and Pierce. Rockets did it in '96 when they traded for Barkley with a made roster of Hakeem, Drexler, and Pippen. In 1982-83, Moses Malone sign and traded to Sixers to join Julius Erving, Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones. In 1971, the Knicks aquired Earl Monroe in exchange for couple role players to team up with Walt Frazier and Willis Reed. 1968-9, Wilt Chamberlain told the Sixers that he wanted to be traded to the Lakers, Seattle, or San Diego. He teamed up with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

NBA has always been about superteams though lol. Celtics did it before LeBron with KG, Allen, and Pierce. Rockets did it in '96 when they traded for Barkley with a made roster of Hakeem, Drexler, and Pippen. In 1982-83, Moses Malone sign and traded to Sixers to join Julius Erving, Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones. In 1971, the Knicks aquired Earl Monroe in exchange for couple role players to team up with Walt Frazier and Willis Reed. 1968-9, Wilt Chamberlain told the Sixers that he wanted to be traded to the Lakers, Seattle, or San Diego. He teamed up with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. 

Don’t school them. Most of the posters were born when Kobe was drafted or after.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Don’t school them. Most of the posters were born when Kobe was drafted or after.

Yeah no. The difference between these superteams and the talented teams of the past is that these teams are mostly player-driven and old-school teams were management-driven. Not to mention most of those guys listed were not at their peak, their peaks were behind them.   

Lebron and KD made superteams in their 20s. Harden gets a bit of a pass at his age because he dragged the Rockets for years, like KG on Minny, but it’s still soft to join a Kyrie/KD tandem imo. 

I’m cheering for the Nuggets these playoffs because they’re built not bought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's really funny when people try to shift the narrative. The difference is that all those guys did it  when they were all pass their primes and or were traded for. Lebron, wade, and bosh were all in their primes and all willingly signed in one team. Bottom line Bron was the first one to form a super team in his prime and KD did it better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Yeah no. The difference between these superteams and the talented teams of the past is that these teams are mostly player-driven and old-school teams were management-driven. Not to mention most of those guys listed were not at their peak, their peaks were behind them.   

Lebron and KD made superteams in their 20s. Harden gets a bit of a pass at his age because he dragged the Rockets for years, like KG on Minny, but it’s still soft to join a Kyrie/KD tandem imo. 

I’m cheering for the Nuggets these playoffs because they’re built not bought.

Raptors might be the last team to ever win with 1 superstar on board 

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

It's really funny when people try to shift the narrative. The difference is that all those guys did it  when they were all pass their primes and or were traded for. Lebron, wade, and bosh were all in their primes and all willingly signed in one team. Bottom line Bron was the first one to form a super team in his prime and KD did it better.

Bronsexuals will always find excuses bro 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

. Harden gets a bit of a pass at his age because he dragged the Rockets for years, like KG on Minny, 

And Lebron doesn’t because I guess he didn’t drag the Cavaliers asses for 7 years out of high school. 

Copy!!!

13 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

So we are changing the conversation from super teams to “Well are they in their prime?”

So we shouldn’t be worried about Aldridge or Griffin then because CLEARLY they are passed their prime!!!

So when people mention “The Shot” by Ray Allen in the corner, another dude “passed his prime” who got lucky!

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So we are changing the conversation from super teams to “Well are they in their prime?”

So we shouldn’t be worried about Aldridge or Griffin then because CLEARLY they are passed their prime!!!

So when people mention “The Shot” by Ray Allen in the corner, another dude “passed his prime” who got lucky!

LOL no. You're changing the narrative again. Without LMA and Blake BKN is still a super team. I'll give you a good guess why... Same thing can be said for that Heat team w/o Allen. 

OK just to make it simple . Let me spell it out for you. We are "worried" cause LMA who is a former all star is joining BKN who already has Harden, Kyrie, and KD---already a super team . And also with former all stars who are now role players like DJ and Blake. 

5 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

LOL no. You're changing the narrative again. Without LMA and Blake BKN is still a super team. I'll give you a good guess why... Same thing can be said for that Heat team w/o Allen. 

OK just to make it simple . Let me spell it out for you. We are "worried" cause LMA who is a former all star is joining BKN who already has Harden, Kyrie, and KD---already a super team . And also with former all stars who are now role players like DJ and Blake. 

How am I changing the narrative keep up with the conversation.

I quoted @Dazed n Confusedfor people not being old enough about super teams being around. @Eltoromentioned about players being in their prime and that Harden gets a pass for dragging the Rockets for 7 years but doesn’t pardon Lebron for dragging the Cavaliers for 7 years. 

The conversation went from superteams in existence to “were they in there primes” which I responded then LMA and Blake should be of no concern. Just like Barkley joining Clyde Drexler and Hakeem.

The only argument you are somewhat standing for is because they was “traded” instead of signing on their own, which then I would argue you hate players going wherever they want to go as “free agents”? 

23 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

How am I changing the narrative keep up with the conversation.

I quoted @Dazed n Confusedfor people not being old enough about super teams being around. @Eltoromentioned about players being in their prime and that Harden gets a pass for dragging the Rockets for 7 years but doesn’t pardon Lebron for dragging the Cavaliers for 7 years. 

The conversation went from superteams in existence to “were they in there primes” which I responded then LMA and Blake should be of no concern. Just like Barkley joining Clyde Drexler and Hakeem.

The only argument you are somewhat standing for is because they was “traded” instead of signing on their own, which then I would argue you hate players going wherever they want to go as “free agents”? 

I wouldn't say they are of no concern. you just pointed out Ray Allen's shot. A former all star turned role player is a concern when already joining a super team. They are of no concern if somehow in a hypothetical scenario this is just LMA, Blake, and DJ joining bkn without KD, Kyre, and Harden, that would be the equivalent of the Rockets team in the 90s with Pippen, Barkley, Hakeem.

Again as I've pointed out Bron was the first one to do it in his prime. Cause let's face bron won't get so much crap if he joined his peers now..who are not even in the leagues cause they are so washed. LOL what's the point of drafting? Might as well  allow everyone to just pick their team from the beginning when they get to the league. Cause we  shouldn't "hate" them if they go wherever they want.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I wouldn't say they are of no concern. you just pointed out Ray Allen's shot. A former all star turned role player is a concern when already joining a super team. They are of no concern if somehow in a hypothetical scenario this is just LMA, Blake, and DJ joining bkn without KD, Kyre, and Harden, that would be the equivalent of the Rockets team in the 90s with Pippen, Barkley, Hakeem.

Again as I've pointed out Bron was the first one to do it in his prime. Cause let's face bron won't get so much crap if he joined his peers now..who are not even in the leagues cause they are so washed. LOL what's the point of drafting? Might as well  allow everyone to just pick their team from the beginning when they get to the league. Cause we  shouldn't "hate" them if they go wherever they want.

And as I’ve mentioned before, how many more years was Lebron supposed to give the Cavaliers so it “wouldn’t be as bad”? Or should he had asked for a trade so the Cavaliers “get something in return”. 
So let’s go with your theory, Lebron was the first superstar in their prime to change teams. So then Durant followed the same philosophy and Harden gets traded to an already great team. 

So veterans who have paid their dues already (Ibaka, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Aldridge, Iguodala, Gasol) decide to sign with teams they want to as free agents. The point of drafting... to give lower markets a chance to compete before the young guns decide to leave and play for a bigger market or chase rings. Like AD on the Pelicans, it’s only a matter of time before Zion gets tired of losing and being a first round exit to join a bigger market or a team already capable of winning a championship.

Nkt everybody is built like Damian Lillard, but again Lillard has been getting eliminated for 7 years. 

15 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

And as I’ve mentioned before, how many more years was Lebron supposed to give the Cavaliers so it “wouldn’t be as bad”? Or should he had asked for a trade so the Cavaliers “get something in return”. 
So let’s go with your theory, Lebron was the first superstar in their prime to change teams. So then Durant followed the same philosophy and Harden gets traded to an already great team. 

So veterans who have paid their dues already (Ibaka, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Aldridge, Iguodala, Gasol) decide to sign with teams they want to as free agents. The point of drafting... to give lower markets a chance to compete before the young guns decide to leave and play for a bigger market or chase rings. Like AD on the Pelicans, it’s only a matter of time before Zion gets tired of losing and being a first round exit to join a bigger market or a team already capable of winning a championship.

Nkt everybody is built like Damian Lillard, but again Lillard has been getting eliminated for 7 years. 

well lebron didnt have to form a super team. we can actually refer to what he did recently...he did go to an LA team with nothing but a bunch of rookies and  a promise from the Lakers that they will get em a co star. they actually failed getting them kawhi and pg 13. if he did that in his twilight, I don't know why he couldn't have done that in in 2012. They actually got em AD and gave away their best assets that they organically got.

not just llillard tho, there's beal and giannis too. I guess this new era doesn't wanna do that anymore due to the backlash LeBron and KD got.

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Adding a couple more-

2004 Lakers- Kobe, Shaq, Malone, GP 

90s Warriors- Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond

90s Lakers- Magic, Worthy, Kareem 

90s Supersonics- Chambers, McDaniels, Ellis (first three 20ppg scorer on one team in NBA history)