NBC Sports EDGE Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

Espoiral

2 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

So kinda effed up and picked up LMA in the 4th when Wood was available. Can someone make me feel better about my decision?

You did good. But someone is bound to hop on here and say you effed you and quote you Wood’s per-36 numbers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

So kinda effed up and picked up LMA in the 4th when Wood was available. Can someone make me feel better about my decision?

LMA much more proven. Elite blocks and he proved last season he can hit threes at a high clip. He is also on a expiring deal and will likely move to a contender where he doesn't get shutdown and his mood picks up. Keep your head up!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If you play in leagues that only care about per game averages then draft with confidence. 

But if it's about beating your opponents output weekly, he's gonna be a headache. His game is awesome, had him last year, but this year I said I wouldn't even consider until 6th and he was gone long before I needed to make a decision. 

This is true. I snuck him for cheap a bit after the first couple of players and drafted JJJ with the intention of replacing him in the second half. 

Also you have to think it's a short season this year and play only a little bit last year. Underwent surgery in late April. He is well rested to push in the Spurs.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, rob0403 said:

This is true. I snuck him for cheap a bit after the first couple of players and drafted JJJ with the intention of replacing him in the second half. 

Also you have to think it's a short season this year and play only a little bit last year. Underwent surgery in late April. He is well rested to push in the Spurs.

Before last season he played 72+ games every season he's had with the Spurs, so I'm not particularly worried about injuries. His years are getting up there, but I agree with this sentiment that he's been off the court for enough time to emerge fresh and maybe turn back the clock just a little bit.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

This was a fun 1.5 page thread to re-read. You had people expecting another 3rd round value with a 5th round price tag. You had people who had him as a Do Not Draft to avoid the coming cliff. You had a whoopsie LMA drafted before Wood.

The decline is real folks. The young jackrabbits aren't giving him those uncontested defensive rebounds anymore.

3 years ago: 23 & 9

2 years ago: 21 & 9

1 year ago: 19 & 7

this year:  16 & 5 ?????

This guy better than Wood... Yeah, I have to remember to be careful reading opinions on here.  It seems like the small ball change was not taken into account at all in that assessment.  And people saying Wood in Detroit being fluky because there was nobody else to do anything.  Bottom line was he still had to have the ability to do what he was doing, and it looks like he didn't leave that ability behind in Detroit.

Feels horrible having taken LMA over Wood, oof.

27 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This aged well 

This you? 😂😂

On 12/18/2020 at 10:00 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

LMA much more proven. Elite blocks and he proved last season he can hit threes at a high clip. He is also on a expiring deal and will likely move to a contender where he doesn't get shutdown and his mood picks up. Keep your head up!

• Haha 1