• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a sad ending, enjoy retirement big dog 🙏

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

I haven't lost faith entirely because too many people have discounted LMA too many times, and I won't do it yet despite age/injury/system issues. The minutes are what worry me most, of the new worries. 28/28/20 after doing 33 last year and mostly around that amount during his Spurs run.

I mean we have to be patient, sure, what else will you do?  His trade value to anybody paying attention is far gone from what we paid.  Why are you guys optimistic though when signs point to this being the norm?  Has it not been clearly indicated by Pop that bubble small ball is his new wave?  Haven't guys been quoted saying "LMA will come around to the way we're playing," or something to that effect, indicating that he wasn't fitting into the current offense? 

Unless the Spurs go back to posting up Aldridge and allowing offense to flow through him on the block I don't see reason to be optimistic.  Even if he whips himself into peak game shape we're looking at an old school style big being forced to hang out at the three point line.  Best case then is hoping he hits shots, but his efficiency and rebounding drop.  Not to mention he's supposedly a defensive liability.

I don't know what there is to be excited about other than a trade to somewhere like Boston, or anywhere he would become an integral part of the offense.  Someone feel free to talk some sense into me and tell me I'm being overly pessimistic.  Really seeing a hard time getting a return on investment at this moment (production wise, not trade wise).

3 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I mean we have to be patient, sure, what else will you do?  His trade value to anybody paying attention is far gone from what we paid.  Why are you guys optimistic though when signs point to this being the norm?  Has it not been clearly indicated by Pop that bubble small ball is his new wave?  Haven't guys been quoted saying "LMA will come around to the way we're playing," or something to that effect, indicating that he wasn't fitting into the current offense? 

Unless the Spurs go back to posting up Aldridge and allowing offense to flow through him on the block I don't see reason to be optimistic.  Even if he whips himself into peak game shape we're looking at an old school style big being forced to hang out at the three point line.  Best case then is hoping he hits shots, but his efficiency and rebounding drop.  Not to mention he's supposedly a defensive liability.

I don't know what there is to be excited about other than a trade to somewhere like Boston, or anywhere he would become an integral part of the offense.  Someone feel free to talk some sense into me and tell me I'm being overly pessimistic.  Really seeing a hard time getting a return on investment at this moment (production wise, not trade wise).

i completely agree with you. I did not pay attention to the Spurs doing the small ball in the bubble and it looks like the new norm now. Lamarcus is on an expiring deal, so maybe he gets traded somewhere.

No sugarcoating it this looks really bad. -16 in just 20 minutes, getting outplayed by Poeltl, and worst of all the Spurs going small ball in crunch time to close out the game

3 games in and he doesn't seem to be a significant part of the offense so far. A lot of sitting in the corner and hoping he gets the ball instead of being a natural, active member of the offense. The young guys are playing their game and aren't deferring to him as much

I hear he always starts slow, so maybe he can turn it around. But right now he definitely looks like the slow 35 year old man on a young up tempo team of fast guards/wings. Father time is undefeated

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to stay positive - he usually starts slow, and is just coming off a 19ppg season. Also, there was talk of him bombing even more 3s this season so maybe it's taking him time to get into the groove. IDK lol, this is really disappointing for a 5th round pick. Surely he has to bounce back - there's no way he can fall off this hard in one season?

6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What’s wrong with the comment? Didn’t know Wood is more proven than LMA lol bet you just started fantasy 

Sit down young buck, Dec 2019 join date. Go have a DonutHole and let the vets discuss players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Sit down young buck, Dec 2019 join date. Go have a DonutHole and let the vets discuss players.

Vets 😂 you’re the biggest fool on here go back to your basement and let the grown folk speak 

Look I admit I am mentally preparing that it may come to just sitting him on my bench (roto), or if he truly is cooked and it gets real dire just outright dropping (I never panic so I tend to not drop guys very hastily, especially in the 6th round).

It is possible he is just cooked. But in three games so far after a long layoff and coming off surgery, we have a career 49% shooting 42%. He’s shooting 18% from three so far when he shot 38% last year. Those should normalize.

If he makes those few more shots, he goes from 12 to 17 PPG. Blocks are where they historically are. Yeah rebounds might only get to around 6 now given how they are playing, but personally I didn’t draft him to carry my rebounding. 

So he could be a 17 2 6 guy with a 1 block and half a game this year. I think that is still useful. I am giving it time to see if it gets figured out. Pop is smart. He isn’t going to just let him rot out there without trying.

• Like 3

Best case scenario is that he falls into a BroLo type role. Spurs are clearly moving on, and he has declined to the point where he won't even bother to leave the paint on defense. He typically starts seasons slow, so the extra layoff/surgery could be making that even worse. If he succeeds in that BroLo role, there's a chance he gets traded and settles into that for the back end of his career. No one's going to trade for an immobile big who has to post up for 15 seconds before he can be effective on offense, and he knows it. My apologies to those who invested in him.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
On 12/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, ghostofathousand_ said:

I took LMA 6th in 3 leagues (10 man h2h)...and picked up Keldon...I can’t believe the year I finally invested in him is the year he declines...I dropped him for Keldon in both....just feels so damn wrong. 

Wait, you dropped LMA? After 3 games?

• Haha 3