NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone contact Yahoo to give this man SG eligibility.

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SolariNatividad said:

Hopefully, this is not a "DNP-Old" thing Pop used to do with Duncan.

Nah, wouldn’t make sense this early. They’re rebuilding, so it’d make sense for them to unload LMA and showcase him accordingly. Him being sidelined is hurting his trade value.

54 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Ugly three that didn't hit the rim, but they're finding him on PNRs mid range and he's hitting those jumpers.  So I guess that's a good sign.

Be happy he's playing... it's his first game back.. geesh

22 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Be happy he's playing... it's his first game back.. geesh

Huh.  Never implied I wasn't, I'm just glad to see him out there.

Edit: There we go, he just made a three.  Love to see it.  Off the dribble too.

Edit #2: ANOTHER three, let's go.

Edited by CharlesCC2
3 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

Very active at running the floor. Knee does not seem to be a problem.

Yep.  Had a couple great defensive plays at the rim going straight up forcing misses too.  He looks really engaged, including running the floor like you said, even if that fast break layup didn't count because they called a foul prior to the pass to him.  Hope he can just stay healthy for now.

45 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Anyone watch the game last night? How was he looking on the court?

More spry than in the first few games. He always starts the season slow, so once his shot starts falling he should be fine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

Anyone watch the game last night? How was he looking on the court?

He didn't play all of the 4th, from what I saw. so he played 25 mins in 3 quarters. He was very active. I believe the minute limit is just for conditioning purposes not a season long thing. Making sure his knee is 100%

• Like 2

He looks spry, I think I was dead wrong about this guy's falling off.  Even if the Spurs small ball movement is real they still NEED LA.  Against the likes of an AD its even more evident, as decent a job as KJ was doing defending him the other games.

The nature of his game may have completely changed but it looks like he's taking it in stride.  Gone are set post ups for him, but he's involved in a PnR on most plays, and he's often left wide open for three and he's hitting it.  Or sometimes he rolls a bit and he hits the mid range shot.  This game so far and last game he's moved well running the floor and his interior defense has been vital (even if he's a little slow footed in keeping up with people, his presence and size are enough at times).

You'd think that he's still working himself into game shape at this point too after the long layoff, so to see him moving and hitting shots like this is great.  At age 35 I guess it will be about endurance and durability.  I have no idea whether the Spurs are trying to full on compete or if they'll try to move him, but right now its clear that even in the small ball paradigm shift he is very much vital to their success.

• Like 4

Poetl isn't going to stretch the floor and almost every team (not Capela or even Drummond as an example) have stretch bigs that have size that only LMA can match. They will roll out their small ball line ups from time to time to counter the opposition but those are few and far in between imo. LMA will get the mins and he will eat. They are in the 2nd quarter and running plays for him. He's still very integral to their system. 

If he can just grab some more boards. He's moving good otherwise. 

• Like 1