NBC Sports Edge Forums

LaMarcus Aldridge 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone contact Yahoo to give this man SG eligibility.

I will hold him till I die 😭😭   pride won’t let me drop him

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

Drafted him thinking his game should age gracefully, but man, he's out there thinking he is Klay Thompson or something.

i traded for this guy with fournier and reddish package in a 16 team. Also almost traded my smart at first.

Nobody in their right mind wants him. I'm in a ten team league and waiver is bone dry. At this point, I'm waiting for a significant injury so that minutes and opportunity opens up for someone on waivers.

7 hours ago, jrmintz said:

I would like to think this is the lowest you can go with LMA. It can only go up from here. This might also be denial...we will see with time. 

Instead of 4 points and 3 rebounds he could get 2 points and 1 rebound. I don’t think we have seen the lowest yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Instead of 4 points and 3 rebounds he could get 2 points and 1 rebound. I don’t think we have seen the lowest yet.

His numbers had been slowly regressing the last 2 seasons prior to this campaign but he's been horrible. That is why I am weary of drafting players older than 32 unless they drop many rounds and is a low risk pick. Part of the reason LBJ has been on my DND list but he defies aging :) 

If I was in a 10T league right now, LMA is definitely on the list of potential drops...he needs to go back to his mid range/post game. He doesn't fit when they want him to stretch the floor and shoot the 3...

It seems like the new Spurs offense is a quicker tempo and with the youth movement LMA is getting lost. 

FiveThirtyEight posted this breakdown of how the Spurs are playing this year with/without their 2 veteran starters and it's something clearly worth worrying about if you're an LMA owner. They're bad when they have both DeRozan and Aldridge on the floor, or even just Aldridge. They're still in the positive differential just DeRozan, and kinda awesome when neither of them are there. 

image.png.43dacbf08c9a23c3831b766e67cc1ad6.png

Of course, obvious disclaimers on small sample size and whatnot. But if I was an LMA or DeRozan owner, I'd be trying to move them pronto. Or hope for a trade.

• Thanks 3
30 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

FiveThirtyEight posted this breakdown of how the Spurs are playing this year with/without their 2 veteran starters and it's something clearly worth worrying about if you're an LMA owner. They're bad when they have both DeRozan and Aldridge on the floor, or even just Aldridge. They're still in the positive differential just DeRozan, and kinda awesome when neither of them are there. 

image.png.43dacbf08c9a23c3831b766e67cc1ad6.png

Of course, obvious disclaimers on small sample size and whatnot. But if I was an LMA or DeRozan owner, I'd be trying to move them pronto. Or hope for a trade.

Yeah at this point a trade is the best we can hope for. Ain't nobody taking LMA in any leagues right now lol, his value is rock bottom

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Better show up tonight LaMarcus or else....

Lol im playing PJ Washington over him so im expecting the biggest double double with 5 blocks 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol im playing PJ Washington over him so im expecting the biggest double double with 5 blocks 

Playing against KP tonight, you can expect him to not play many minutes. Kp is going to destroy him. 

17 minutes ago, halbounih said:

Playing against KP tonight, you can expect him to not play many minutes. Kp is going to destroy him. 

Exactly why i benched him. Man gets zero rebounds against true centers imagine a stretch 5?

You can tell he doesnt do well against teams with imposing big men. Like almost scared to bang down low, or even be a presence at all against a decent front-court.

His only two solid games recently came against OKC and a kat-less MIN, which were prob easier matchups for him. If he has a matchup with a weaker front-court, which wont happen often, then he may have a good game. But seems like most nights will be a struggle 😕

Edited by gregp