Kristaps Porzingis 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aandddd I did 

Out for tonight. Soft a** fluffy unicorn. Luka is sitting as well on this B2B. Jesus Christ you guys just came off ASB ... 

35 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they sat him till after ASB

Also wouldnt surprise me if they're just trying to take it ez with this 'back thing' and sit him against bruisers like Embiid and JV. They're next game is Bkn, a much easier opponent, where the Mavs will need more scoring. I'm hoping that's the case anyway, and he plays next game. I mean Carlisle did say he doesn't expect it to be long term..

But yea, unfortunately I also could see him sit another week or so. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by gregp
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, gregp said:

Also wouldnt surprise me if they're just trying to take it ez with this 'back thing' and sit him against bruisers like Embiid and JV. They're next game is Bkn, a much easier opponent, where the Mavs will need more scoring. I'm hoping that's the case anyway, and he plays next game. I mean Carlisle did say he doesn't expect it to be long term..

But yea, unfortunately I also could see him sit another week or so. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed with the Embiid and JV call. Hopefully he magically gets better for the Bkn game....

• Like 1

Porzingis is gonna have a beast of the second half of season. 22 and 11. Two blocks, three 3's.

You ever wonder why vikings like Ragnar Lothbrok went west to pillage and burn, and not east? There were stories about  a god across the Baltic Sea who is mightier than Thor and more powerful than Odin. Nobody was willing to risk facing him!

1000+ years into the future and here we are. Keep your battle axes by your side fellas. Protect your women. Sacrifice the best that your livestock has to offer.

And pray.

The god from the east is among us. And he shall be unleashed!

• Haha 3
32 minutes ago, BenSimmons25 said:

Porzingis is gonna have a beast of the second half of season. 22 and 11. Two blocks, three 3's.

You ever wonder why vikings like Ragnar Lothbrok went west to pillage and burn, and not east? There were stories about  a god across the Baltic Sea who is mightier than Thor and more powerful than Odin. Nobody was willing to risk facing him!

1000+ years into the future and here we are. Keep your battle axes by your side fellas. Protect your women. Sacrifice the best that your livestock has to offer.

And pray.

The god from the east is among us. And he shall be unleashed!

I'm gonna give you an A+ for content and an A for outlook since I agree/own Porzingis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do people make of tonight? It was a blowout, so he only played 25 minutes. I didn't watch the game. I'm one of those people considering a trade for him... curious what you all truly think of his ROS outlook, injuries aside. Will he eclipse 30 minutes per game? Carlise said he didn't want to play him in the upper 30s or something to that effect...

1 hour ago, nlm said:

What do people make of tonight? It was a blowout, so he only played 25 minutes. I didn't watch the game. I'm one of those people considering a trade for him... curious what you all truly think of his ROS outlook, injuries aside. Will he eclipse 30 minutes per game? Carlise said he didn't want to play him in the upper 30s or something to that effect...

I think he is safe for 32-33 minutes after ASB. And he has been very efficient so far. Hopefully rebs will pick up as well.

1 hour ago, nlm said:

He's coming back from an injury. Carlisle was referring to his minute restrictions first game back. Relax 🙂

10 hours ago, rush007 said:

He's coming back from an injury. Carlisle was referring to his minute restrictions first game back. Relax 🙂

No, I know. I just wasn't sure if they were going to play him low 30s often because of these trade rumors, the fact he is injury prone and 7'3", etc...

I hope I don't get scolded, but the bench coach forum is absolutely dead since NBC bought out this site....

Reason I'm interested in Porzingis is the owner offered him to me for my Donny Mitchell.

To keep this on topic, here's some ROS rankings and Porzingis is one behind Mitchell:
https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/rankings/ros-overall.php

I wanted to know what people think Porzingis will do in the second half... realistic stuff, not that prayer up above. (It was nice, though.)

18 minutes ago, nlm said:

No, I know. I just wasn't sure if they were going to play him low 30s often because of these trade rumors, the fact he is injury prone and 7'3", etc...

I hope I don't get scolded, but the bench coach forum is absolutely dead since NBC bought out this site....

Reason I'm interested in Porzingis is the owner offered him to me for my Donny Mitchell.

To keep this on topic, here's some ROS rankings and Porzingis is one behind Mitchell:

I wanted to know what people think Porzingis will do in the second half... realistic stuff, not that prayer up above. (It was nice, though.)

Mitchell never had a top-40 finish before, so I'd say per-game basis Porzingis >> Mitchell. I would expect at least 20/8 with 2 blocks with 45%fg and 80%ft ros, which should be top-30. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, rush007 said:

Mitchell never had a top-40 finish before, so I'd say per-game basis Porzingis >> Mitchell. I would expect at least 20/8 with 2 blocks with 45%fg and 80%ft ros, which should be top-30. 

Do you think Porzingis is going to be a rest issue at all this year? I don't know what to make of those trade rumors. I would absolutely love if he landed in Golden State... I think.

I told the other owner I want to see Porzingis play on Monday (I didn't watch yesterday's game) before making my mind up. He's fine with that... I'm just really on the fence here. My guards are pretty stacked-- LaVine, Murray, Trae.... Buddy Hield. lol. My bigs are in serious queston... JVS (will JJJ ever return?), Kanter (will Nurk eat his minutes right as fantasy playoffs are starting?), and Plumlee (will he just revert into a pumpkin?).

I really need a big. He has Ayton, too, but I'm thinking Porzingis has better ROS value than Ayton, too? 9 cats as well.

I wish the bench coach forum wasn't a desert.

Edited by nlm
32 minutes ago, nlm said:

Do you think Porzingis is going to be a rest issue at all this year? I don't know what to make of those trade rumors. I would absolutely love if he landed in Golden State... I think.

I told the other owner I want to see Porzingis play on Monday (I didn't watch yesterday's game) before making my mind up. He's fine with that... I'm just really on the fence here. My guards are pretty stacked-- LaVine, Murray, Trae.... Buddy Hield. lol. My bigs are in serious queston... JVS (will JJJ ever return?), Kanter (will Nurk eat his minutes right as fantasy playoffs are starting?), and Plumlee (will he just revert into a pumpkin?).

I really need a big. He has Ayton, too, but I'm thinking Porzingis has better ROS value than Ayton, too? 9 cats as well.

I wish the bench coach forum wasn't a desert.

It would be better to move this into the assistant forum regardless, as it is diving too much into that territory. You can also use the user polls section at bbm for asking multiple-choice questions. I usually get quick replies there. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

this is exactly why this guy will never be  a consistent star in this league.. if his  3pt shot isn't falling he has ZERO moves to get easy buckets... dude you are 7 foot infinity!  Take one god damn summer and do nothing but shoot post up shots.. work on post up moves....you can take an entire summer and not shoot a single 3 pt shot and actually be a BETTER PLAYER if you will learn how to get some kind of god damn easy bucket!!!  You are 7'3!!! or whatever the hell you are..  ok vent is over as a new KP owner.. or maybe the frustration is just beginning.. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

this is exactly why this guy will never be  a consistent star in this league.. if his  3pt shot isn't falling he has ZERO moves to get easy buckets... dude you are 7 foot infinity!  Take one god damn summer and do nothing but shoot post up shots.. work on post up moves....you can take an entire summer and not shoot a single 3 pt shot and actually be a BETTER PLAYER if you will learn how to get some kind of god damn easy bucket!!!  You are 7'3!!! or whatever the hell you are..  ok vent is over as a new KP owner.. or maybe the frustration is just beginning.. 

lol was just thinking this watching him. Maybe not in those words, but definitely using his height for argument.

6 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

Do you watch Mavs games bro? They basically use him as a 3 n D. He likes to get in the high post but it’s not in Mavs style of play. They should trade him as he’s being wasted.

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1
On 2/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, nlm said:

i was able to weasel my way into getting rid of Jamal nutshot Murray for Porzingis about 3 weeks ago, couldn't be happier with the move

Pretty solid numbers last night considering how poorly he started the game shooting. Obv want better FG%, but hes not gonna start 1-9 shooting often.

But he looked really good moving around, grabbing boards and attacking the basket; THAT PUTBACK SLAM WAS FEROCIOUS. And even saw a couple really nice down-low post moves.

Hope I'm not just tryna sell myself on KP, but I like what I saw. We know he has elite upside

This guy biggest problem is health.

He's in the right organization, after all this is the Mavericks, their best franchise player was a 7ft sharpshooter named Nowitzki. 

They're not ready to give up on him, but he has to do more than shooting 3s, I'm sure his coach has better 3&D options (Kleber, J-Rich, Finney-Smith and Hardaway Jr.). 

He must punish smaller player in the post, plow through it, not shooting every time. 

And he has to become a more committed defender. 

The Warriors is a bad place for him (3&D).

They invented the death lineup half a decade ago, now it's just a dead lineup, that dynasty is done.

• Like 1